Ranger Interview

Glenn

I think they don't care because we don't mean enough to them. We're the ones who go up and spend more time on the slopes than money in the lodge. I'm sure they would listen to a large group of first time families. :dunno

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so another GREAT ranger encouter happened today. I was kinda taken back by it but here goes. I've just come off of rhodo and am making my way over to the stevenson. I look back for my buddy, and see the ski patrol, but hes maybe 100 yards away, and I'm almost at the lift. I get to the lift and turn to start down the shot, and who comes flying in cutting me off but the ranger. He had so much speed he almost hit the chair in front of him, and snowplowed to stop using the entire loading area. He then casually makes his way up and sits down. The even was so absurd I didn't know what to do but look at the liftie who was laughing real hard, and staring in amazment at the ranger. It wasn't even so much that someone did this, because I've been cut off before, its the fact that it was a ranger, and I could have easily been clipped for doing the same to him. Oh, well it was good for a laugh.

I agree with you that there are some "issues" with the ranger patrol. I used to ski at other areas, but now ski full time at CB. CB is probably the busiest "mountain" in the area. Believe it or not, the rangers are here to try and keep it safer and more enjoyable for the rest of us to ski. Yes, it often seems like rangers may just be "ball busters" but overall the rangers are just there for safety. Maybe that ranger was responding to a call that required immediate assistance? Have you ever watched the patrol try to assist an injured person on the meadows on a saturday afternoon. Without the rangers redirecting and if necessary blocking the out of control beginner skiers, it would be a lot more difficult for the patrol. Start taking names and going to managment, or stop in the Ranger office and ask to speak with the supervisor. If you attempt this and still get nothing, then I'll look foward to reading the complaints here.

I agree with you that there are some "issues" with the ranger patrol.  I used to ski at other areas, but now ski full time at CB.  CB is probably the busiest "mountain" in the area.  Believe it or not, the rangers are here to try and keep it safer and more enjoyable for the rest of us to ski.  Yes, it often seems like rangers may just be "ball busters" but overall the rangers are just there for safety.  Maybe that ranger was responding to a call that required immediate assistance?  Have you ever watched the patrol try to assist an injured person on the meadows on a saturday afternoon.  Without the rangers redirecting and if necessary blocking the out of control beginner skiers, it would be a lot more difficult for the patrol.  Start taking names and going to managment, or stop in the Ranger office and ask to speak with the supervisor.  If you attempt this and still get nothing, then I'll look foward to reading the complaints here.

Nope he was just taking laps, I followed him for a couple, just to see if he would do anything else outrageous. As far as the directing traffic, increasing the ski patrol size would make up for the directing traffic, etc. Ski patrol makes things safe, rangers are there to clip tickets. I've never felt more safe with a ranger around.

To paraphrase ski911...if you stop in, speak with the supervisor, and do not act like a punk teenager, you will see results. The last thing the rangers or managment want is the public to portray the ranger patrol like this. Again, TRUST ME. Take down the first and last name of the ranger which is convinently displayed for your over the right chest pocket (i think) and when and where the incident you're complaining about occured. Bring witnesses if you have them.