Ranger Interview

Glenn

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and would not even consider that.

Hahahahaha!!! And you don't legally have to pull over for an unmarked police car...you are allowed to continue on to a police station, or pull over and request he radio for a marked car, even if he's in full uniform.

But they'll still pull you out of your car and beat the sh*t out of you.

You are 100% right about what they are supposed to do, Ski911. But just try dissing them if you are a 15-year-old kid.

Hahahahaha!!! And you don't legally have to pull over for an unmarked police car...you are allowed to continue on to a police station, or pull over and request he radio for a marked car, even if he's in full uniform.

But they'll still pull you out of your car and beat the sh*t out of you.

You are 100% right about what they are supposed to do, Ski911. But just try dissing them if you are a 15-year-old kid.

Speaking of getting pulled over... I got pulled over last night for one of my front headlights being out. I have a week to replace it or $180 of mine will belong to pendot. The cop was cool enough I guess, he was a real jerk at first, but then I started making jokes, and he saw I was just a college kid on my way back from the mountain he lightened up.

I would tend to agree that the rangers will try whatever is possible to ticket, they are real jerks when it comes to kids as well.

And say your on a back road, cruising along at 60mph and the one good one goes out...you better hope it's a full moon.

Well, then I just kick on the high's. However, I replaced the good one about 4 months back, so it should be good for a while. Next to go will be the highs, but I'm hoping to have new car by then.

You are right...the snotty attitude of a 15 year old punk, will usually piss a ranger off enough to make him/her treat you like a snotty 15 year old punk. Here is a little life lesson for you, respect gets respect. Show a little, get a little.

You are right...the snotty attitude of a 15 year old punk, will usually piss a ranger off enough to make him/her treat you like a snotty 15 year old punk. Here is a little life lesson for you, respect gets respect. Show a little, get a little.

True, true. But what do you say about Rangers that show disrespect to an ADULT skier? Isn't that worse? I mean, you might expect a kid to disrespect authority...like that hasn't happened forever. But I've had 1/2 dozen crappy encounters with Rangers for skiing fast on empty black diamonds. And it's not that they approached me, but it's the f*ing attitude that they approached me with. And what's with how they give CAT kids a hard time? What is the purpose behind creating anymosity between themselves and the race team that represents the mountain?

Until CB gets a handle on and calms down some of their d*ckheaded Rangers, showing them any respect is like bending over in the locker room shower.

I couldn't have said it better. Respect gets respect. Not every 15 y.o. is a punk. Why are all 15 y.o. treated as if they were punks?

well im 16 and i only got pissy with one ranger out of the many times i have been pulled over. it was like 9:00 on a wednesday night and no one was on the mountain and im riding the walls of the trails with my friend and he pulls me over, he says i wasnt aware of my surroundings.

Edited by lineski2007

And I really don't want to argue with you, Ski911. I was a paying customer for a very long time and I was right and the Rangers I encountered were wrong.

The Blue patrol that pulled Atomic, Think, and me over last season was right to do so. We were skiing fast in a slow zone. Plus, the guy was NICE. He should be sought out and hired to teach CB Rangers how to deal with patrons.

A CB Ranger that follows me to the lift on a Monday night and gives me crap for skiing Cliffhanger at a "speed beyond your skill level" is a f*cking moron.

A CB Ranger that follows me to the lift on a Monday night and gives me crap for skiing Cliffhanger at a "speed beyond your skill level" is a f*cking moron.

Whenever I see a ranger, I blow by him at mach one (but in a controlled GS turn) out of pure spite. I've only been pulled over twice for that, and both times explained to the ranger that I was completely within my skill range. Both times I was let go with nothing but a warning.

They just hate men, obviously. I skied there 27 years and was only pulled over ONCE. I was all ready to blast the guy and it turned out he wanted to give the Siblet a reward for skiing so nice. We got a coupon to go in and get a poster. She was about five or six at the time.

That being said, there is one Italian-looking one I hate because he almost hit Siblet once because he was going so fast himself on Bactrian. She was still little and Pharoah didn't exist yet.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with some of what you are saying. There are always a few that can ruin any organizations reputation. However, keep in mind, they are not all bad, and if you treat them respectfully (like you would a cop) you will be given that respect back. If you do this and still have issues with the ranger, get his/her name, and file a complaint with management.

That's just it, Ski911. Those few dopes make them all look bad. Same thing as doing naked human pyramids in foreign prisons (although I thought it was wicked funny).

But this MB administration has given us a chance to speak out with being threatened/banned/beaten...

Sorry if we've been harsh on friends of your's, but it's the bad Rangers that are the cause of ill will.