May Skiing out West

OutCold

So I'm getting married in May and I've convinced my fiance that a trip out west would be a fun idea for a honeymoon. She even suggested a day or two of skiing even though shes not really into it. I was wondering what resorts typically stay open for late season turns. I know A-basin does and also Snowbird. What other resorts tend to stay open into mid to late may?

go to Whistler.

Whistler definitely, on top of the amount of terrain they'll have open the town itself is fucking beautiful, I can see that being a really good place for a honeymoon. You could also go to Mammoth but I'd take Whistler over that no doubt.

Congrats on the engagement...are you still in college?

Oops.... Thanks doug.... We graduated in may... We live in Delaware now so hopefully I'll get some more days in at blue this year.

How far of a drive into Canada is whistler?

Oops.... Thanks doug.... We graduated in may... We live in Delaware now so hopefully I'll get some more days in at blue this year.

How far of a drive into Canada is whistler?

i forget... maybe about 2 hours? its not far, though. and definitely worth the drive. you could fly into Vancouver but that might cost a little more than flying into Seattle. It's worth it to head into Seattle because its such an awesome city, and maybe you could spend a night there.

Whistler sounds like it would be an awesome idea, but with the weak American dollar this might not be the time to go.

Then again, its your honeymoon, your supposed to spend crazy money...go for it.

It's 1 to 1. So.. It'll cost the same as if he went somewhere else, but he'll have probably twice as much skiing in whistler as he will elsewhere by that time. Plus there are so many deals at Whistler in may since they are just trying to fill rooms.

That was kinda my point. 1 to 1 sucks. I used to go to Canada a couple times a year when I was in high school, and it was always something like 1.60/1.50 for $1 american. It was awesome. I would be pretty sad to go and get even money.

Yeah well unfortunatly those times have come and gone. Even though our dollar is on the rise slowly. I just checked exchange rates 1.07 canadian to 1 american.

Edited by Dan-

Most important thing to remember if you are going to the big C. If you have higher level U.S. government security or any arrests you aren't getting in without the permit which takes 6 months at the very least to figure out.

Also its arrests, not convictions, so if you got picked up six years back for drunk and disorderly and they didn't charge you after a stay in the drunk tank you still aren't getting in. Its totally dick but I've seen alot of people flip out or not get to take vacations because they didn't know what the deal was.

If your going to go to Whistler check out the island with all the Whale watching, I can't remember the name but it could be cool.