The State of Sno Mountain?

Ride Delaware ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went up to the Shoppes at Montage last night and drove up the access road. Everything past Glen Maura had a decent amount of snow on it. Slopes were covered. Access road and other roads had been plowed. When I was up there in the evening, it looks like they had maybe gotten 4-6 inches? I am awful at guestimating snow totals, so I don't really know. 4-6 inches is at the parking lot. I bet there was more at the top of the mountain.
Ya it was weird, I live in Moosic down more from the mountain and we had nothing. I went to get onto 81 this morning and saw that the whole top of the mountain was covered. It was a weird site to see so early in the season...

Sno no longer has the services of world class terrain park builder ryan neptune. He got out of his contract a year early. Such a shame, he was so cool and such an innovator. =p, Incase you didnt see, that was sarcasm. Heres a message I got from the shit head.

RyanNeptune --> montageskier

You might be happy to know Planet is finally out of its contract with Sno-Mtn and I have worked out a plan for rails for Camelback and I am donating a rail jib feature and rake to Big Boulder all of which are now load.

But since I am such a piece of shit and cant build anything according to you I guess it probably wont effect you too much eitherway.

Who is Ryan Neptune, and why would he be sending you an email? sorry to be dense but I don't get it.

god damn its been quiet up there lately..... now i get it. I was trying to figure out why ryan was postin in a boulder thread on NS and CB has something up its sleeve.

Hhahahahaha they all have gone super secret comando incognito... Look for everything - everyone to try out do each other this year

I heard Blue is going to have a booter with a 60 foot moat to clear filled with aligators..don't tell anybody..

Wow thats awesome that the jib honks will have something other than the tubing animals to play with. Nice to see that you are still whoring threads off topic about blue, feels like home.

Who is Ryan Neptune, and why would he be sending you an email? sorry to be dense but I don't get it.

http://www.planetsnowdesign.com/

Planet Snow Design, Planet Snow Tools and Neptune Industries are a partnered consortium of companies founded by Pat Malendoski and Ryan Neptune. We are a Consulting and Manufacturing Company that designs, builds, and delivers the best snowboard venues and custom products and equipment in the world.

uhh lol i'm pretty sure sno owns there own jibs.

Maybe sno should build a fab shop and make there own features... I'm pretty sure the rails we got from neptune wont last that many more seasons. Nick did sno get Seth back for another season?

I'm a little skeptical about the email though, is "But since I am such a piece of shit and cant build anything according to you I guess it probably wont effect you too much eitherway." part of the email?

WOW dude i want to see more... Thats extremely unprofessional for an x pro boarder and owner of a business like that... I met the dude once or twice two years ago, he seemed a little stuck up to me, and last year, If i'm correct, I don't believe he made it to sno once, he had sno take pictures of the terrain and then neptune told his guys what to do... his guys were pretty good, except they complained a lot, seemed to tell us how much they hated being there all the time, I'm extremely excited for this season, expect to see a ton of creative ideas going on...

What about the super pipe and cutter?
I know Sno bought the Zaugg, but I have no clue what they will be doing about the super pipe. Last I heard which was a few months go they were still putting it up again this year, but that was before Planet left so I honestly have no clue. Personally none of the good riders at sno even want the 22', they just want to see a nice flowy park with a lot of features in it. Spike is a big trail and has a lot of potential without the 22' in the way of things.

The zaugg is sno's, but Planet has exclusive rights to the "super pipe" and they are taking it with them, i think they already dismantled it...bastards.

so i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you for the "super pipe".

Help me out here (I'm a total park nub)....

1. How does one own exclusive rights to a super pipe?

2. How does one dismantle a super pipe made of dirt and snow?

It was Neptune's idea for Sno to have the pipe, im sure he also helped get the zaugg for Sno to, therefore he's taking the zaugg and his 22' pipe else where. The 22' at Sno was never made out of dirt at all, it was all made out of snow which means this year they can focus on having a nice park without the need for a 22' pipe taking up half the second part of the slope.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. The internet isn't the best way to convey sarcasm..i was only kidding about Planet taking the pipe with them. However i'm not joking when saying don't hold your breath for a 22 footer this year, but that's just speculation, don't quote me on it.

It was Neptune's idea for Sno to have the pipe, im sure he also helped get the zaugg for Sno to, therefore he's taking the zaugg and his 22' pipe else where.

From what i understand, Sno purchased the zaugg outright( to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars), and that it will remain at the mountain...

a 22' cutter with out someone skilled to run it is useless.

Planet didn't cut the pipes daily last year, they did however plow all the snow for them. There was a guy on Sno's grooming team that cut the pipes to the best of his abilities(i believe planet showed him the ropes, i'm sure nick or santa could confirm or deny that). Whether his abilities were up to par or not is not my place to say. I'm also not sure if he is planning on returning this year or not, if not then there might be some trouble in department 63? It seems to me that anyone with the knowledge of how to run a cat could do what they did in shaping the pipe. Now, i didn't observe every second of the snow being gathered, but it seemed to me as though they(planet) just scrounged up snow from the here and there on the trail and just piled it up. Didn't seem like much specialty went into it, but again, i wasn't studying there process so maybe they did do everything correctly.

All in all, Planet was of little help to the mountain and hopefully the door hit them in the ass on the way out. They did provide jibs, but any company could have came through with that when Sno was waving a handful of cash around. Sno still has the dozens of rails and boxes and maybe now they can be set up to have a nice looking park.

Even though i'm really happy that planet got out of sno's pocket, I would love to know what happened, and uhh is sno gonna hire a new company to make jibs when the current ones break and ware out?

I doubt they will be hiring anyone new in the near future. There are plenty of guys in the shop that could provide some welding to repair boxes/rails as needed until they are outdated.

Even though i'm really happy that planet got out of sno's pocket, I would love to know what happened, and uhh is sno gonna hire a new company to make jibs when the current ones break and ware out?

Looks like YOU are going to build them for us! :lol:

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. The internet isn't the best way to convey sarcasm..i was only kidding about Planet taking the pipe with them. However i'm not joking when saying don't hold your breath for a 22 footer this year, but that's just speculation, don't quote me on it.

Oh.. lol! :lol:

hey, i'll build them, I'm employed right now as a Machinist, I have welding experience (not certified) also have decent fabrication and carpentry experience, I'f sno wants to pay me $18 an hour salary full time with benefits i'll quit my job tomorrow... lol thats not gonna happen but yeah, I really hope our groomer from last year comes back, he was a real cool guy, we would ride with him in the morning after he finished up with the park, un like the other drivers, he actually rode what he made, if he didn't like it he would try it different next time, he also went the extra mile to try to make our job easier by making sure there were no cookies or anything, he was getting pretty good at cutting the pipe but by the end of the year one half was getn beaten by the sun all day and the other was in the shade. As for building the pipe, i'm sure it takes a very skilled and talented driver to all that work, especially with no dirt work. ohh and "taking the super pipe with them" confused the shit out of me... I cant remember the exact number for that 22ft zaugg but i think it was over 100k, I could be wrong but I think it might be around that number. but thats what grants and tax rightofs are for. all n all I'm sure the owners have the best intentions, my guess is, they have multiple investments and sno just seems to not get as much attention as it needs, pappasteeze, I know you know this stuf better than me, what is your guess about neptune leaving early?

hey, i'll build them, I'm employed right now as a Machinist, I have welding experience (not certified) also have decent fabrication and carpentry experience, I'f sno wants to pay me $18 an hour salary full time with benefits i'll quit my job tomorrow... lol thats not gonna happen but yeah, I really hope our groomer from last year comes back, he was a real cool guy,we would ride with him in the morning after he finished up with the park , un like the other drivers, he actually rode what he made, if he didn't like it he would try it different next time, he also went the extra mile to try to make our job easier by making sure there were no cookies or anything,he was getting pretty good at cutting the pipe but by the end of the year one half was getn beaten by the sun all day and the other was in the shade . As for building the pipe,i'm sure it takes a very skilled and talented driver to all that work, especially with no dirt work. ohh and "taking the super pipe with them" confused the shit out of me... I cant remember the exact number for that 22ft zaugg but i think it was over 100k, I could be wrong but I think it might be around that number. but thats what grants and tax rightofs are for. all n all I'm sure the owners have the best intentions, my guess is, they have multiple investments and sno just seems to not get as much attention as it needs, pappasteeze, I know you know this stuf better than me, what is your guess about neptune leaving early?

- Probably not something you want to advertise..

- Aside from the fact that he stopped cutting the 13 footer towards the end of the season because he "didn't like it"

- I'd be willing to bet there is a groomer up there that could do an equal job that Planet did at sno

- I think it was closer to 75-85k

- Planet was under contract with Sno, i'm pretty sure that he couldn't drop early without consequence. I'm pretty positive Sno cut him out early, quite possibly for his lax attitude towards our mountain?