The State of Sno Mountain?

Ride Delaware ?

he was getting pretty good at cutting the pipe but by the end of the year one half was getn beaten by the sun all day and the other was in the shade.

Yeah.. not sure what you could do about that. -_-

- Probably not something you want to advertise..

How come? :dunno

I think it's good that they actually test their work.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. not sure what you could do about that. -_-

How come? :dunno

I think it's good that they actually test their work.

Well they could have built the pipe parallel...eh nevermind, no more half pipe sarcasm.

-i misread what he typed :rolleyes:

Edited by riderossi

Wait, what should I not have "Advertised?" the fact that he actually rode the features he set? or was that what you misread?

I'm pretty sure he stopped cutting the 13ft partially because there was a big rock in the ground toward the end of the pipe, he said something about having to keep moving snow around to cover it and he couldent scrape any more snow up because he was getting dirt and grass every time he cut it, and there was so much snow melt, there wasn't much left, it was more like a 11ft pipe, there are a lot more reasons other than he didn't want to. lost cause is one of them. I don't remember all the details, Nick maybe you can remember.

Planets groomers were pretty skilled and I hate to say it, but in my opinion sno doesn't have anyone as good as planets guys, but Seth was really good, (The guy were talking about) I hope they find someone who will make everybody happy...

I'll stop talking now about this, I keep forgetting that I do want to work for them again and I know the excellent management at sno mountain diligently read up on the opinions of there customers. but hey, i'm also a season pass holder!

idk if you were being sarcastic about the building the pipe parallel to the sun, but... yeah you must have been

and hey, I'm no grooming expert, i'm just throwing what i know out there to help enlighten someone, take it for what its worth. For all you know, I may just be talking out my ass! sometimes I think I am...

AND Pappa, I wouldn't be surprised... and yeah, where's ski, you two get along so well :D it's not as fun without him.

Wait, what should I not have "Advertised?" the fact that he actually rode the features he set? or was that what you misread?

I'm pretty sure he stopped cutting the 13ft partially because there was a big rock in the ground toward the end of the pipe, he said something about having to keep moving snow around to cover it and he couldent scrape any more snow up because he was getting dirt and grass every time he cut it, and there was so much snow melt, there wasn't much left, it was more like a 11ft pipe, there are a lot more reasons other than he didn't want to. lost cause is one of them. I don't remember all the details, Nick maybe you can remember.

Planets groomers were pretty skilled and I hate to say it, but in my opinion sno doesn't have anyone as good as planets guys, but Seth was really good, (The guy were talking about) I hope they find someone who will make everybody happy...

I'll stop talking now about this, I keep forgetting that I do want to work for them again and I know the excellent management at sno mountain diligently read up on the opinions of there customers. but hey, i'm also a season pass holder!

idk if you were being sarcastic about the building the pipe parallel to the sun, but... yeah you must have been

and hey, I'm no grooming expert, i'm just throwing what i know out there to help enlighten someone, take it for what its worth. For all you know, I may just be talking out my ass! sometimes I think I am...

AND Pappa, I wouldn't be surprised... and yeah, where's ski, you two get along so well :D it's not as fun without him.

Yeah, that's what i misread..my mistake. I thought you were talking about riding with him in the groomer ( which cough cough...i'm sure has been done before, not saying by you or anyone else here though) So that's why i was talking about advertising(see below). I apologize for the confusion.

Yeah i heard him with his reasons of why he didn't cut it anymore, and also his comments of "hate", for lack of better words, towards it also. Maybe it was one or the other, or a little bit of both. Cross your fingers that we have a pipe of any size this year..

There's no doubt that planet has the skills or they wouldn't be in the business. I think the general consensus is that they didn't put a whole lot of effort into Sno. Whether that was due to limitations set forth by the owners/gm or a bug up their ass, who knows. There's two sides to every story and we don't really have either one.

Any employee of the mountain has to watch what they say around here, as you said management does patrol, and post on these boards. However, I'm sure constructive criticism would be taken into consideration without a negative outcome.

Hopefully this year will be another season full of improvements and we can get some more customers in those life lines...but not too many :lol

yea I know but I have my opinions and I'm not afaraid to voice them I hope people don't view me as a representive of them and I'm pretty sure less than one percent of there customers even know about pasr and even half of that percent already own a season pass, the other half may find my comments useful or don't care. so I'm pretty sure you all know how I feel about the mountain, you know I'm being honest when I say I think they will me better off without planet. Plus I'm not employed yet...

Even though i'm really happy that planet got out of sno's pocket, I would love to know what happened, and uhh is sno gonna hire a new company to make jibs when the current ones break and ware out?

To set the record straight

I came into Sno with the promise from management they could support and provide equip necessary for dirt work and they would have plenty of snow for us to build with.

At NO time since I signed a 3 year contract with them have they provided anything close to what I needed to make a decent park or venue as to the level I am used to building. I very much catestrophic and embarrasing situation. We made do on our contract to try to provide what we could but we quite litterally had 5 to 10% of the resources we are used to having and needed.

I have rewritten a contract with sno-mtn that puts us back there in Sept 09..." IF" they satisfy the outstanding balance owed to me that is now 8 months past due.

There financing has not come through on many many levels for several years now and they owe us more than I care to think about. The main partner has put almost all of his personal money as well into the project. However well intentioned it was and is... they have a what is a grossly mismanaged situation that they are trying to get a handle on it. And I assume that the eventually will.

They could have a real special environment and maybe they will someday but as for now the season is going to go with out me or any of my guys in the east with the exception of the US Open in Stratton and we are all quite content with it.

My team and I will be forced to build and ride in west coast powder most of the season and we are heading out to start the Canadian Open up in Calgary next week.

Too bad for us as we will be neck deep in powder this week as we are expecting 4-5 ft of snow here making turns in snow most people only get to dream about and after 25 years of this sport I can say it is still as good as it was in 1983 when I started... Here on the west coast global warming is just an east coast myth as far as we are concerned.

If that quote above was written by Ryan Neptune he is a very unprofessional dick. I can't imagine that anyone working in even a semi professional environment could get away with that kind of thing for very long.

Why is it unprofessional, because he posted his side of the story? They offer a valuble service to those hills who can't do parks themselves, regardless of whether the parks live up to the expectations that the riders want. Neptune is plenty capable of building top shelf stuff.

If SNO said we want this.. and in return, Neptune said OK you need to do this.. aw nevermind.

i dont see how people keep saying hes a dick. he runs a business and got screwed. whos the one being unproffessional?
Why is it unprofessional, because he posted his side of the story?

Well, besides the typos and poor grammar, Sno never did release an official statement.. and weren't the ones who started this. So it's not like he needed to come out and defend himself by knocking Sno.

Also, the "too bad for us as we will be neck deep in powder" was just a tad cocky... but oh well.. good for him and his crew.

Wtf, Schif, your right, that was a cocky statement he had to add in there at the end, (I do agree with the global warming statement, Global warming=Manbearpig) but lets not start an argument on that subject,

Pappa, who was that statement addressed to?

Shadows, even though the contract went bad for him, he still shouldn't have made it public, yeah it got rough, but it was extremely un professional to pretty much make fun of sno because they were doing bad financially, heres a mountain (company) thats three years old now, tried to make a big name for themselves, took some risks and it didn't work out that well, sno was very ambitious and I think they had the right idea, although things may look bad, this is only their third year, don't count them out yet, i'm sure sno will finally pull there act together.

I thought Neptune's goal was to provide safe, advanced parks for the youth of america to learn in, I wonder when snowboarding became more of a cash crop for him than the sport he owes his entire lifestyle to, yeah it is a business, yeah the funds weren't there and did he have the right to get out of the contract? Yeah. But his company also had a responsibility of bringing business to sno, ticket sales, if sno signed a contract with him, thinking he would boost business and bring people from all over just for the park? than I think neptune didn't follow through with his side, he didn't bring the business snow needed to keep funding his "services."

Ohh and hey, do we have amnesia? We had a total washout every two weeks last year until march, we built both of our parks more times than I can remember, but we still had every slope open on the last day! Neptune said sno didn't provide the proper resources or infrastructure, well where the hell was he last summer? sno does have the equipment for dirt work. and i'm sorry but they can't control the temperature to make snow. I'm sorry ass hole but this is northeast pa, not VT, not the west cost your boasting about. I hope you understand that we have rough winters, ice, rain, our temp conditions are not perfect and you should have had that in mind when YOU signed the contract! I promise you sno made all the snow they could possibly AFFORD and then some.

I hope you read this Ryan Neptune, and on behalf of the youth of nepa i'm officially calling you a fucking prick...

So I just got done discussing the whole park scene for this year with the new park manager. He seemed very positive that they were opening and all this year.

I also just got done talking to a friend who told me that his friend tried to buy a season pass and sno said he couldn't buy one cause they didn't plan on opening... Can anyone back this up?

Edited by xNick11

So I just got done discussing the whole park scene for this year with the new park manager. He seemed very positive that they were opening and all this year.

I also just got done talking to a friend who told me that his friend tried to buy a season pass and sno said he couldn't buy one cause they didn't plan on opening... Can anyone back this up?

Would that be Sean?

Couldn't buy a pass because they didn't plan on opening...? :screwy

Glen, Being a business such as his, making fun of a small mountain in nepa because they couldn't pay the bills and couldn't provide him the "Services" he is used to? that is unprofessonal. When he should have known damn well the type of weather and the resources they had to begin with, plus sno did buy a great amount of features from him that they did pay for, so talking shit on a customer that didn't want to pay because they weren't satisfied with the service? hmm, maybe sno had there reasons for not paying up?

Glen, Being a business such as his, making fun of a small mountain in nepa because they couldn't pay the bills and couldn't provide him the "Services" he is used to? that is unprofessonal. When he should have known damn well the type of weather and the resources they had to begin with, plus sno did buy a great amount of features from him that they did pay for, so talking shit on a customer that didn't want to pay because they weren't satisfied with the service? hmm, maybe sno had there reasons for not paying up?

I agree that it isn't exactly the most professional statement...but as much as i think Planet did a pretty shitty job, i'd still have to give them the benefit of the doubt atleast until Sno comes back with their own response. Neptune needs that powder to soften the blow when he falls, he's showed he clearly can't hack it here in the less than ideal conditions of the "ice" coast.

Glenn, In my opinion, nobody in that position should ever talk trash, no matter what the circumstance, but like i said, my opinion. I don't know who that statement was directed to, if it was to a forum, thats one thing, but if it was like a pm to Pappa or someone personally, thats a different story and its not that bad.