Snow next week?

I think for snowboard gear, either pinnacle or mike and matt's are the best two shops i have been to. Ive hear good things about spectrum, g-spot and arrival but have never been to either three of them

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nestors..ask for Kevin and Justin..Rajeev how have you been? You haven't called me in months..I miss chatting with you and hearing about good goat..

yes Mr. Steeze I would like to visit in January. We hear bad things about the economy in america and i wonder if the hill stations will be open for business this year. what do you think about this?

My vision is impaired and I have not driven a car in 8 years.

I use magnifiers to read and use a 50 point font for email and web browsing. Try it some time. Its a bit slow going.

I called Nestors on the phone and asked them if they had goggles with the anti fogging fan built in and they said yes so

I took a Greyhound bus to Whitehall to make this goggle purchase.

When I got to the store they showed me these goggles and said they had only this one.

They had only that one because nobody would ever buy scratched goggles.... except me... because I already have screwed up vision and wouldn't be bothered so much by the scratched lens.

BUT

because they were so expensive they told me they would get the lens replaced for free.

Ripping me off by not making good on this lens promise was about the same as stealing from any blind man.

If your vision is bad enough for you to stop driving, than I'm not sure skiing/boarding is such a great idea without some sort of spotter or something along those lines.

You could easily miss terrain variables which could cause you to be hurt pretty bad without good eyesight.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be out there, but I'd seriously hope that you had some sort of spotter or something if your vision is truly that bad. The sport is dangerous as it is.

Just my .02

I think for snowboard gear, either pinnacle or mike and matt's are the best two shops i have been to. Ive hear good things about spectrum, g-spot and arrival but have never been to either three of them

G-spot is great. I have bought a lot of gear from them. The store is small but they have a huge sale store on the property with a lot of good deals. Everyone there is really helpful there also. Bought my last board from them.

Everything I see looks crushed and twisted like funhouse mirrors.

I stick to the first 5 hills at Jack Frost and don't go past Lehigh.

I can carve like the wind on open hills.

Its sort of like driving your car on a nice road that has rocks.

You don't stop the car to reach down and touch the rocks....you just drive the car.

Since I go every weekday I usually don't have anyone sharing any slope with me.

I don't do jumps or rail grinding. I just ride very fast and never fall.

I was a snowboard instructor for 5 years..... 12 years ago.... so that sort of makes me "old school".

AND

back to snowmaking.....

I met an engineer from NJ who makes snow in his backyard with home brewed snowguns.

Something to tinker around with here...

seems all it takes is a pressure washer and an air compressor... and 27 degree air.

We have all that here.

You don't stop the car to reach down and touch the rocks....you just drive the car.

I was a snowboard instructor for 5 years..... 12 years ago.... so that sort of makes me "old school".

AND

back to snowmaking.....

I met an engineer from NJ who makes snow in his backyard with home brewed snowguns.

seems all it takes is a pressure washer and an air compressor... and 27 degree air.

We have all that here.

what just happened?... i think i'd like 30 seconds of my life back after reading that.

anyway, thing's are gettin colder for sure. Hopefully Boulder gets open one of these upcoming weeks.

AND

back to snowmaking.....

We have all that here.

How do you get to and from the mountain?

I got word that boulder blew some snow thursday night. Don't be hatin if i'm wrong, but that's just what I heard from a couple people. They supposedly wanted to get a tiny rail jam up for this video premier tonight, but with all this heavy rain it don't look too promising. Anyone else hear anything?

How do you get to and from the mountain?

I take the bus every weekday. But they never run the bus on the weekend.

So I buy a midweek season pass and have the place to myself most of the time.

Sometimes they have to put up corral fences at the lifts on Fridays but usually there is ZERO wait time

in lines for the lifts.

Midweek skiing has always been the big secret of all ski resorts.

I got word that boulder blew some snow thursday night. Don't be hatin if i'm wrong, but that's just what I heard from a couple people. They supposedly wanted to get a tiny rail jam up for this video premier tonight, but with all this heavy rain it don't look too promising. Anyone else hear anything?

Your retarded

I take the bus every weekday. But they never run the bus on the weekend.

So I buy a midweek season pass and have the place to myself most of the time.

Sometimes they have to put up corral fences at the lifts on Fridays but usually there is ZERO wait time

in lines for the lifts.

Midweek skiing has always been the big secret of all ski resorts.

There is a bus from Jim Thorp to JF?

AND

back to snowmaking.....

We have all that here.

I can understand that... Must be hard, but it's cool that you still get to enjoy riding..

I was more concerned for your safety than anything else.

Sounds like you got a good plan... Weekends wouldn't be good for you for sure (even if the bus went then) because it would be more crowded..

FWIW.. I tried to help you out some by making it in bold... wasn't bagging on you whatsoever.

I hope that if I ever come across a disability in my lifetime that I will have your will power to continue doing what I love to do.

Bold's cool.....

any font is actually OK because I use CTRL plus to expand fonts all day long in FireFox.

I tried the couch slug thing for 5 years and then figured I know how to have fun around here so I went snowboarding

or kayaking every weekday for the last 2 years.

Way too many old people get fat and sick with all sorts of bad health problems just because they sat down one day

and never got up again for anything except to eat.

That's not me.

As far as BLIND skiing goes......

I'm not blind yet , just impaired.

Jack Frost has an adaptive program for disabled skiers.

They DO HAVE blind skiers riding down the hill with a ski buddy holding leashes behind the blind skier and

directing the blind skier just like you would direct a bridal when riding a horse.

I do think that is nuts. I'll give up snowboarding when I get to the point where I need

leashes.

Robert...is there any sort of surgury you can get to correct your vision?

Nope.

Been there 8 years ago.

Was optimistic at first but as time wore on it became apparent there was no cure for retina and optic nerve damage.

I learned braille in 2001 just in case it got worse.

Having crushed and twisted vision does have its advantages.

I can go to Walmart and everyone looks pretty to me.... even the toothless in stretch pants.

Nope.

Been there 8 years ago.

Was optimistic at first but as time wore on it became apparent there was no cure for retina and optic nerve damage.

I learned braille in 2001 just in case it got worse.

Having crushed and twisted vision does have its advantages.

I can go to Walmart and everyone looks pretty to me.... even the toothless in stretch pants.

oh boy....lol

i go to slippery rock, out between erie and pittsburgh. we've had a few flurries but nothing yet. we get a lot of snow, so thats a good thing. but the 4 hour drive across 80 to boulder isnt so good. i'll be there opening day for sure though.

Slippery rock is a hike lol. Visited there when looking at places to play ball. 7 Springs is nice. A jfbb type place. Runs are short. Gets crowded on weekend. But does have a very nice and well maintained park. I never made it up to Holiday Valley but everyone out there says thats the place to go.

Slippery rock is a hike lol. Visited there when looking at places to play ball. 7 Springs is nice. A jfbb type place. Runs are short. Gets crowded on weekend. But does have a very nice and well maintained park. I never made it up to Holiday Valley but everyone out there says thats the place to go.

Yea doesn't 7 Springs have the best pipe in PA? I wouldn't mind being near it.

yeah man its out there. its real nice though.

i'm def looking forward to 7 springs it looks like they have a couple quality parks. peak n peak seems alright and holiday valley gets good snow i hear. i'll post TR's from all of them.

Yea doesn't 7 Springs have the best pipe in PA? I wouldn't mind being near it.

number 5 pipe on the east coast according to Transworld. too bad im not a pipe guy, thats what i get for riding at BC though

yeah man its out there. its real nice though.

i'm def looking forward to 7 springs it looks like they have a couple quality parks. peak n peak seems alright and holiday valley gets good snow i hear. i'll post TR's from all of them.

number 5 pipe on the east coast according to Transworld. too bad im not a pipe guy, thats what i get for riding at BC though

Pipe gets so fun once you start hitting it. I started out on jumps, then jibs, and then pipe, now pipe is my favorite by a wide margin. You need a nice stiff board and then you can just lay into it, it feels great to string together a few solid hits.