Grizzley family park is moved??

summersux

I have been trying to get an answer to this for a while but with no luck. I saw that bear announced that it moved the grizzley family park to one of the trails accesed by the carpet lift. Is this true? If it is then this sucks on so many levels. I have a cousin who is 11 who loves to go to bear creek. He isn't good enough to go to black bear so we usually did broadway to grizzley to the park. This was a fun trail for both of us. It let you try a little of everything found on the mountian. If you moved the park PLEASE have something set up still at the old location. (even if it is just a few small jumps) It was one of the few things that made that side of the mountian fun when your helping someone progress. Thank you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel having it off of a carpet is much better than where it was. separation of parks/trails is a good thing.

Agreed. While it may be a minor inconvenience to you, it will keep park traffic down, and will make the time you spend in the park much more enjoyable and safer for everyone.

I know it is good to seperate parks and trails. I just feel it makes that side of the mountian almost worthless. I liked how people could go around the park in either direction if they wanted to avoid it. Carpet lifts are slow as balls, and now all the noobs that can barely half way skate down the bunny hill will try the small park as their next step in progression. Sounds like an invitation to broken bones to me. I just wish they would still have some type of park feature still set up there. My cousin loves small rails and I really don't feel spending my day on a carpet lift with 20 feet of total rise.

I know it is good to seperate parks and trails. I just feel it makes that side of the mountian almost worthless. I liked how people could go around the park in either direction if they wanted to avoid it. Carpet lifts are slow as balls, and now all the noobs that can barely half way skate down the bunny hill will try the small park as their next step in progression. Sounds like an invitation to broken bones to me. I just wish they would still have some type of park feature still set up there. My cousin loves small rails and I really don't feel spending my day on a carpet lift with 20 feet of total rise.

teach him to do some of the bigger flat boxes if he can do the ones in the family park well and comfortably its pretty mucha mental thing to get over rather than an ability issue.

teach him to do some of the bigger flat boxes if he can do the ones in the family park well and comfortably its pretty mucha mental thing to get over rather than an ability issue.

Im still working with him to get over that. He broke his arm 2 years ago on a box and is still scared of them. The only box I could get him to ride on black bear last year was the butter box. I guess we will just have to spend time in the new park untill he looses his fear.

Why would moving it make that side of the mountain worthless?

Worthless wasn't the word I should have used. I like parks and having nice mellow groomers for him to carve then a rail or two at the bottom kept things interesting. There was a little of everything on that run. Now, if he dosn't feel confidant enough to try the parks then all we have is groomers or a park. Not both worlds in one run. It will just make things less fun for both of us. That is why Im a little upset.

*note* I would love if they made 4 parks. Still have Cascade and Black Bear, an entry leavel park for people who are just learning to ride, with just small rails and boxes for fundimentals (like where they moved grizzley family park next to the carpet lift) and a park for intermediates who have the basics mastered but need practice before they can rip it on Black Bear at the location the Grizzley park was. This one could have the small flat down, a small jump line to the side, and a few larger rails. But I doubt that will ever happen. Just a wish!

You may want to look into having him do one of the Saturday park clinics:

Page 13 of the brochure.

Maybe with some strong fundamentals he would be better equipped to move on.

Fear comes from uncertainty. Once someone learns the fundamentals, riding the park becomes a lot easier for them and it takes some of the uncertainty out of it.

i think the move was a great but also stupid idea haha. Its great because its secluded from other runs. This would keep riders who arent supposed to be in the beginner park, out of it. Im talking about people that are competent in the park but are messing around, and intimidating the beginner riders. Its however not the greatest of moves because all the people that are just learning are going to be going up the carpet lift and they will see those rails and boxes and have to do them, this results into them getting hurt haha.

i think the move was a great but also stupid idea haha. Its great because its secluded from other runs. This would keep riders who arent supposed to be in the beginner park, out of it. Im talking about people that are competent in the park but are messing around, and intimidating the beginner riders. Its however not the greatest of moves because all the people that are just learning are going to be going up the carpet lift and they will see those rails and boxes and have to do them, this results into them getting hurt haha.

Just a bit of clarification on the Teddy Bear park. It will not be accessible from the carpet. A section of trees is being removed to connect to Drifter which will be the only access point for Teddy Bear park.

atleast they still have the small park.

its nice havina low box so when ur learnin new stuff u dont have to worry bout really hurtin urself

yeah exactly. thats why they built those sick low rials that are just like the palmer rail but lower. i cant wait to hit them.