Snowmaking at Frost

phillycore

Snowmaking at Frost12.03.08 | By heather

December 3, 2008 - Jack Frost had a tremendous night of snowmaking starting last evening through the morning hours. Our SMI fan guns, which are the latest and greatest in snowmaking technology were in full throttle. Jack Frost General Manager, Mark Daubert stated, "We are looking at a December 13 opening and with excellent snowmaking weather in the extended forecast we expect to open with the following terrain for all levels of ability Frosty, Powder Puff, Snowflake, Easy Rider, ONE Park, Tobyhanna, DeMatte's, Challenge, and Thunderbolt and soon to follow East Mountain." With Big Boulder being in operation 7 days a week this is perfect opportunity to make snow 24/7 with no interruptions. So all you Jack Frost enthusiasts be ready for some great skiing and riding.

-heather

Sounds like this may be your year....

[ But rest assured, we're going to be extending a similar "discount" on a monthly basis to members. Stay tuned! ]

Quoted from AtomicSkier in a different thread... in reference to JFBB

Maybe some 08/09 JFBB PASR Days possibly in the works???

Phillycore you beat me to it...Anyway I really hope they don't make a habit of opening Frost 3 weeks after Boulder every year. I need my Jack Frost fix.

It sucks when you can only get out in the morning, due to your schedule. It would be nice if they would open BB in the morning, until JF gets open.

Edited by bigdaddyk

This is good news. I love doing a double session at Frost and then Boulder. Christmas break is going to be sweet.

So how about we start getting a PASR day together now for over the college break? If no one beats me to it I'll start a thread after class.

i need to go to Frost this year... i have never been there.

The east mountain has some of the most fun terrain I've seen in PA. A combination of some ungroomed trails, multiple headwalls (though short) and some cliffs makes for some good times. Still, it's not knock your socks off riding. The lifts are brutally slow though.

The east mountain has some of the most fun terrain I've seen in PA. A combination of some ungroomed trails, multiple headwalls (though short) and some cliffs makes for some good times. Still, it's not knock your socks off riding. The lifts are brutally slow though.

Supposedly they thinned out the trees between One Park and Exhibition that should now take you from the summit all the way down to the lift which I'm looking forward to skiing this year. Normally you'd have to jump out half way down.

Supposedly they thinned out the trees between One Park and Exhibition that should now take you from the summit all the way down to the lift which I'm looking forward to skiing this year. Normally you'd have to jump out half way down.

Once there is enough snow there this winter I really want to ski the trees with you one weekday, I know about 4 routes and it seems you know a dozen.

Hopefully we actually get some snow to let us get in the trees this year. I think I went in once last year and paid the price.

The trees near challenge, One Park and Thunderbolt were skiable for most of last year. Most of the time it was half decent too. Mad Tree Glade and other parts on East that don't get crazy amounts of blow over snow, not so much.

Once there is enough snow there this winter I really want to ski the trees with you one weekday, I know about 4 routes and it seems you know a dozen.

lol... Jordan's the real Jack Frost connoisseur. We'll have to fly him in from CO.