08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

i dont know why bear creek has to wait to do a full park rebuild.... they could have alot more features down at the end of blackbear right now... instead of trying to throw everything together in 1 nite.

i do think that the cascade terrain park is sweet right now... i have seen park crew fixing stuff alot more this year.

i want a dfd too

Edited by k2wwwkid

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, i dont mind the FDF so much... but its probably because i can't rlly do the DFD. :-P

but the conditions last night were like getting superr icy... and on the 20 foot box, and the double skinny up rail they had HUGE guages at the end. and with the icyness it really threw you off.. i didn't see the park crew fixing the landing a whole lot :-\. but it was all good, its still early season and the snow is all messed up...

I do think its time to change the setup, and put a picnic table like saurus said ;-)

How wide is the flat down flat? Is it similar to the old palmer rail?

DONT TELL HIM ANYTHING!!!!! HE'S A SPY!!!!! haha yeah its a little more narrow then the palmer rail, and i would say its a little wider then 5 inches. You should prob come and check it out in person though will...haha

"Our top notch snowmaking team has taken advantage of the recent cold weather and produced tons of fresh, new snow at Bear Creek! On Monday, December 15 we'll be opening 12 new trails (bringing our total to 19!) and unveiling new set-ups in both the Cascade and Black Bear terrain parks! There's never been a better time to hit the slopes (or spend the night at our slopeside hotel)! "

the new setups should be ILL. today the first jump in tubing was absolutely perfect. the landing was soo steep the jump threw you but the landing was perfect so the imapct was like nothing. i think the fdf is def more than 5 inches theats like from a to j on the keyboard and its def. not that skinny.

"Our top notch snowmaking team has taken advantage of the recent cold weather and produced tons of fresh, new snow at Bear Creek! On Monday, December 15 we'll be opening 12 new trails (bringing our total to 19!) and unveiling new set-ups in both the Cascade and Black Bear terrain parks! There's never been a better time to hit the slopes (or spend the night at our slopeside hotel)! "

Thats awesome. I just got back from a nice afternoon session. conditions were great, getting a little bit icy at some spots toward the end but overall great conditions... the park was set up great and the park crew was out all day which was sweet. any ideas as to what is getting replaced on cascade and getting put up on black bear park?

open the family park!!!!! i need to master 270's somewhere or atleast stick the new wide box up flat

they had the actual trail itself open today.. the rails were just sitting to the side... you go right over it on the triple so you can see what they have out... 5 or 6 rails sitting there i think

We didn't get as much done as we would have like last night but the weather really didn't seem to like us. Between about 9:45pm-1:00am we saw like an 10 degree jump in temperature to 47 degrees ( + the occasional shower) so the snow was real difficult to push around. Especially with the rain last week it had a real heavy layer on the top of some of the piles. You may see a few things here and there change in the next week or so but I would probably say until we get some more piles to work with I wouldn't expect anything major. As far as some of the brown spots DON'T BE FRIGHTENED!!! they are most likely from bringing the rails in and out of storage with the Loader. I tired my best to keep it pretty but hopefully they'll get tilled away in the next day or so.

I agree with Nick, Will. Those are trade secrets that cannot be discussed over a public domain such as this :) You may be required to come in person to investigate and possibly slide our new grinding bars and jib jamz. Seriously though come ride bear for a day haha.

Edited by skeer_tomas

ya my friends said last night was the bomb! i'm really mad i wasnt allowed to go cuz of the "icy conditions"

Ya i'll be up there too. got yellow and red plaid pants with a brownish coat.. riding a rommee

nice choice on the forum btw zgerhard. my old board was a forum..

thanks dude yea its a good ass board i thinkkkk that its still original forum before burton bought them out idk what yr it is but i'm tryin to get a shorter board end or season or next year prolly a ride, oh and for anybody who goes tonight watch the ice at the top of the lifts my butt still hurts haha