This weather blows

ColoradoHigh

smuggs was the place to be today.

buddies that went to stowe said it was no good all tracked out by lunch.

we met a local on the lift and he showed us the goods, our buddy who met him smelled the burbon on him when they were talking and later ended up giving us what he had left. Top 3 best runs i have ridden, i havent ridden powder much but that was the best day. we just expected a mellow 2 hour session after our last classes of the smester. I am so happy i couldnt stop smiling the whole way down. ahhh now to go and relax and drink a few.

best pre christmas pre finals present ever.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pissing the eff off.

Fu(k this.

How the he||

on my fu(king nerves.

i love the fu(king awesome alternate methods for cursing. where the he|| did you come up with those? jk sorry.

and that weather pattern looked like florida turned sideways...

Nine degrees here and dropping....

Meanwhile, according to the NOAA, on the mountain:

This Afternoon: Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow. Cloudy and cold, with a steady temperature around -12. Wind chill values as low as -41. Blustery, with a north northeast wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Then the snow report:

9:30 Update: We will be closed for operations today. We have done everything we can to open today and unfortunately it will not happen. 50 mph gusts and 40 below windchills have ripped the summit. Efforts in the village have also been hampered by heavy snow and wind. Check in the morning for updates on Sundays terrain.

The weather outside is frightful. We ask that you be careful if you are in the village today. High winds have been knocking trees down and blowing snow has cut visibility way down.

Edited by sibhusky

More bitter cold a'comin....

Tonight: Patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20. Wind chill values as low as -49. Windy, with a north northeast wind between 29 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -16. Wind chill values as low as -49. Blustery, with a northeast wind between 17 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around -22. Wind chill values as low as -50. Northeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Monday: Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -15. Wind chill values as low as -50. Northeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

HMMM. I planned to ski starting Monday. I wonder if the mountain will still be closed????

More bitter cold a'comin....

Tonight: Patchy blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20. Wind chill values as low as -49. Windy, with a north northeast wind between 29 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -16. Wind chill values as low as -49. Blustery, with a northeast wind between 17 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around -22. Wind chill values as low as -50. Northeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Monday: Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -15. Wind chill values as low as -50. Northeast wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

HMMM. I planned to ski starting Monday. I wonder if the mountain will still be closed????

Wow, Sib, stay warm! My friend's dad lives in Great Falls (this is the one that got married over the summer), and she said that he keeps on calling her to give her updates b/c it is ridiculous!

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -25. Wind chill values as low as -49. Northwest wind between 17 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Monday: Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -12. Wind chill values as low as -50. Northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -28. Wind chill values as low as -44. North northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

And our power was out for 4 hours today. Thank goodness we have radiant floor heat and have been keeping a fire going in the fireplace.

i love the fu(king awesome alternate methods for cursing. where the he|| did you come up with those? jk sorry.

and that weather pattern looked like florida turned sideways...

Very funny... <_<

Oh and Moh, when are you going up to Jay Peak? I'm going up on Friday, staying till Christmas morning...

Very funny... <_<

Oh and Moh, when are you going up to Jay Peak? I'm going up on Friday, staying till Christmas morning...

We're staying at Sugarbush, Jay is a possibility if it got some serious snow while we are up there. Heading up Tues. and leaving Friday afternoon. Prolly pass each other on the way home, lol.

Light Snow was in the forecast for Stowe on Wednesday..that's your first skiing day right??? Everybody is going to be complaining about tomorrows warm weather..I'm going to be enjoying the spring snow after work..

We'll prolly hit the road by about 10AM on Tuesday. Weather will be cold enough at nite to make snow up there. Maybe nature will kick in a few inches as well.

fo reeeel this weather blows.

i came home for this...........

HEAVY SNOW WILL DEVELOP MONDAY AFTERNOON... WHICH WILL CONTINUE THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO TWO FEET ACROSS THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS... AND UP TO 3 FEET ACROSS THE EASTERN SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS...