White lightning

zaldon

white lightning was an amzaing trail aswell the rest of montage's black and double black dimonds. their were some great crusers on the top of the montian, but i think the only draw back is they have REALY slow lifts. i think they should speed up the quad that services only the expert trails. over all i thought the mountain was great, and the staff were realy relaxed about everything.

white lightning was an amzaing trail aswell the rest of montage's black and double black dimonds. their were some great crusers on the top of the montian, but i think the only draw back is they have REALY slow lifts. i think they should speed up the quad that services only the expert trails. over all i thought the mountain was great, and the staff were realy relaxed about everything.

:yes Great trails. White Lightning was hair-raiser, and Boomer was just great trail to just lay one over. I'd go back there again anyday. ;)

Im happy to see that you southerners liked our mountain. you are right the speed of the lifts is the only downfall.

Well, the lack of a full mountain lift kinda sucked too. Apparently the full mountain quad is even slower than taking the northface lift and then the upper mountain lift, but it was a pain anyways.

Well, the lack of a full mountain lift kinda sucked too. Apparently the full mountain quad is even slower than taking the northface lift and then the upper mountain lift, but it was a pain anyways.

I dink that's only a tripple :o The Northface lift wasn't terribly slow, the Iron Horse was though :blink:

Ha. It's kinda like runs from the top are reserved for special occasions. Some particularly good snow, or just to break up a day. But that was the first time I've ever been on Upper or Lower Runaway with more than five other people. And with the slow ass top to bottom lift, that was literally the first time I'd ever skied Upper Fast Track. Atomic and I got off the Iron Horse, then skated up and around the other dead lift. Just today, a friend of mine said that the groomed corduroy can go untracked from Monday through Thursday.

A high speed there would make for some amazing laps. That's a 6500' run, with half of it a diamond.

Ha. It's kinda like runs from the top are reserved for special occasions. Some particularly good snow, or just to break up a day. But that was the first time I've ever been on Upper or Lower Runaway with more than five other people. And with the slow ass top to bottom lift, that was literally the first time I'd ever skied Upper Fast Track. Atomic and I got off the Iron Horse, then skated up and around the other dead lift. Just today, a friend of mine said that the groomed corduroy can go untracked from Monday through Thursday.

A high speed there would make for some amazing laps. That's a 6500' run, with half of it a diamond.

You weren't there, but my brother tucked the whole thing, top to bottom, and just went straight. Only turned when the trail did, and when he stopped at the lift at the bottom. Needless to say, he was moving be the end :wiggle

I might add though, that montage "skis" bigger than CB, and maybe even blue. When you take the full run, its seems rather large, but even the north face seems "big" because you start, get headwall immediately, then when the headwall finishes, you are at the lift, none of the runout I'm used to, which is really nice.

You weren't there, but my brother tucked the whole thing, top to bottom, and just went straight. Only turned when the trail did, and when he stopped at the lift at the bottom. Needless to say, he was moving be  the end  :wiggle

I might add though, that montage "skis" bigger than CB, and maybe even blue. When you take the full run, its seems rather large, but even the north face seems "big" because you start, get headwall immediately, then when the headwall finishes, you are at the lift, none of the runout I'm used to, which is really nice.

yea defaintly. Boomer has a nice long headwall, and white lightening has a really long headwall, and freakin steep. It defaintly does ski big

• 2 weeks later...

gd_00383_imgaerial_f_850_.jpg

I think this is a good photo to kind of get an idea of how steep White Lightning is. You can see the slopes in the top of the picture and White Lightning is the farthest trail to the right. Notice how its cut in that ridge. You don't realy get an Idea of how huge the head wall is but you can see how steep it is. You can also see from the geography why the whole northface is so awosome.

I was up there last night. Lightning was about as gnarly as it gets. The moguls were absolutely HUGE!! They had big ones on smoke and boomer too. Smoke had them from the top of the 2nd headwall all the way to the middle of the runout section. :drool

gd_00383_imgaerial_f_850_.jpg

I think this is a good photo to kind of get an idea of how steep White Lightning is.  You can see the slopes in the top of the picture and White Lightning is the farthest trail to the right.  Notice how its cut in that ridge.  You don't realy get an Idea of how huge the head wall is but you can see how steep it is.  You can also see from the geography why the whole northface is so awosome.

their brochure said it was a 70%grade. i've never really liked montage as a hole but i love whit lightling. i just hate head walls i guess. its not a relly natral feture i think. but what ever..........

their brochure said it was a 70%grade. i've never really liked montage as a hole but i love whit lightling. i just hate head walls i guess. its not a relly natral feture i think. but what ever..........

So lets get this straight... you like white lightning but not headwalls. Thats all white lightning is. And as far as natural features that about as natural as it gets... what would you call a natural feature?

its a single head wall not many like steps. Aren't mountians a coutionus slope not steps. i guess i just like a constiant drop. maybe some spots that change but not huge ones. head walls just let people on them that shouldn't be on their and break down the entire wall.

its a single head wall not many like steps. Aren't mountians a coutionus slope not steps. i guess i just like a constiant drop. maybe some spots that change but not huge ones. head walls just let people on them that shouldn't be on their and break down the entire wall.

Nope, mountains don't hold a continuous pitch, especially not stuff around here. Though I would argue we're hardly on mountains, more like glorified hills. Regardless multiple headwalls are pretty natural, if your riding on a super smooth even pitch run, it is either a special case, or it was graded as such. Main Street, at blue is about the most consistent pitch of anything I can think of in the area, and its Isn't exactly super consistent.