Blue 12/23

moe ghoul

Pulled in @ 8AM, got front spot by the base lodge door, booted up and on the lift at 8:33. 15 degrees, no wind, the valley had a heavy cover from the blowers which was good to see. Lapped Challenge, sweet fresh cord and smooth, nice in dry. Hit Barney's Bumps untracked with 2-3" of fresh chaulky and slightly sticky/squeaky which translated into some smooth sliding once it broke up. Lapped Main Street/Barney's and Challenge til 10:30, then they opened Paradise. Took a few runs on that, then headed back to the Main Street lift due to crowd cloggage at the 6 pack. Did a Lazy Mile to the terrain park and caught a little air and called it a day by 12:20. Hit the coffee shack for a double shot of espresso, gal gave me a blank stare cuz I didn't order something foofie and only charged me $1.10. :wub: Dude loves a bargain. Place was getting slammed crowdwise, Blue did a fine job grooming, and guns were blazing on several runs, including Razor. Huge mounds of snow are on deck for the groomers.

Sunrise shot heading up on the 6 pack this AM.

Yeah I was suprised by the snow on lazy mile, it was very soft with some manmade pow on the right. If blue was closer I would probably go there more often than boulder right now cause boulder is kind of slacking I think. Saw a-jeff in the parking lot when me and my friends were coming back from a food break and GSS who tried to tell me he was skifreak at first.

Nice report Moe..

I was up for a short afternoon session. I love the new season passholder line but I wish they had liftline organizers..they made the print so small for the VIP season passholder liftline..it is definitely going to come in handy over the holidays. I skied Paradise three times and it was chunky the first time..then they groomed the one side of it which was good except I had to pass people hogging the groomed section(A-Jeff) in the chunks..Lazy Mile had the best snow on the hill..but it was crowded...Barneys bumps were OK..some ice in the troughs but you could very easily tell the good spots to turn. I also enjoyed the lower park and got air 3 times..the snow in there was faster than during the fresh weekend Poe so I got like a foot more air. Challenge was icy and I only skied it twice..there was carvable snow below the top section..but I think alot of the weekend snow blew off yesterday. It was chilly..temperatures were in the lower 20s with light to moderate winds. It was a bluebird this morning but when I was skiing the sky was overcast...it's unfortunate that there's going to be freezing rain and rain tomorrow..oh well..

The snowmaking assault continued. They blew the most manmade snow I've ever seen on Sidewinder...I'm hoping they can have that open by the 26th..to spread the people out. Razors doesn't have enough manmade snow to open..but they are still blowing on it top to bottom. They are also blowing on Switchback..don't tell anybody. There were alot of poachers on Sidewinder..but not to many patrollers. They should have had the quad running as well or at least a liftline organizer. Most chairs were going up with 2-5 people...yet if there were 6 to every chair..the runs would have been even busier. I remember a few seasons ago when concussion Ted was fed up that there were no liftline organizers so he assigned himself the position and did a kick ass job..Tretiak was also good and the Jersey guy who smoked cigs and yelled.."It's your time to shine"...Blue quit being cheap..I asked the liftees where the liftline guy was and he said talk to guest services..

I really hope they have a liftline organizer for the weekends..otherwise it will be a giant clusterf0ck..I want Blue mountain to look good..and a liftline organizer whenever there is a liftline is a good thing..all you need is a ski pole and the ability to count to 6...

They had the organizers on the six pack when i was there on sunday in the pm.... wierd, though after 7pm or so they just took them off.