Where To Ski This Weekend

ole2planker

I know CB is firiing up there guns on a lot of begginer trails last night/today/tonight. If they fire them up on some harder stuff, it might be worth a day there. And a day at Elk or Montage. Let me know if you plan on stopped at CB.

And yes it is the mad weekend of presidents day.

I know CB is firiing up there guns on a lot of begginer trails last night/today/tonight.  If they fire them up on some harder stuff, it might be worth a day there.  And a day at Elk or Montage.  Let me know if you plan on stopped at CB.

And yes it is the mad weekend of presidents day.

Blue will have the guns rolling the next 6 or 7 nights they say...they blew on Razors last night, and will again tonight. Conditions should be great all over the poconos this weekend.

I would suggest to any one visiting to spend the extra drive time and do Elk.. Get there early early, then stop early, 11 or so and head back out when everyone else is headed in for lunch.. Anywhere else recreationally is going to be overcrowded this weekend!!

Why was Montage so empty last Sunday? I don't want to miss another day like that there......

I'm thinking of driving up to the Poconos to ski this weekend. Which area do you think will have the best conditions. Should I drive all the way to Elk? Also, isn't this Presidents' Day weekend?

I'm thinking i'm glad i work on weekends b/c this is the worst weekend of the year to go skiing anywhere in PA. forget CB for sure on presidents weekend. its nice to have days off in the middle of the week. everyone else is at work or school and i have the whole mtn to myself. :nana

I went to Belleayre 2 years ago presidents weekend and it was a disaster, I'll never go again on a weekend like that. The year before that I was at Killington that weekend Killington was crowded but no one was at Pico.

Last year I went to CB and it was real busy but tolerable. I would say if your going to the Poconos CB is the place. Out of the area its a crap shoot, if you go to Vermont head to Pico on a weekend like this.

Actually all next week will be busy because a lot of schools are off for a winter/presidents week break. So none of us will get their mountain back until the 28th.

I'd go to Elk due to its relative inaccessibility. That being said, I don't know how well they handle crowds as I have never seen any there. CB at least keeps things moving. But, CB only closes ticket sales when cars are backed clear out to 80.

It's a good weekend to STAY HOME or....COME HERE!

Edited by sibhusky

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. The problem with going further north is that I have to get up even earlier than my normal 5 AM. Ugh! Well, if I behave myself tonight I suppose I can do it.  ;)

Do it!!!! Early to bed and early to rise, you won't regret it if you can get there early enough to make first tracks. Park to the right where the farthest (skiers left) lift is, that way you can almost ski to your car at the end of the day. The conditions are aways better there (IMHO worth the extra hour drive), less crowds, Elk was my favorite place until last year, when my boys said they didn't like it... No public races, no park....

Rob

Everyone from the board is welcome at Montage; everyone else should go to Elk. I heard rumors of free beer and wings at Elk, and something about chicks streaking.

I tried yelling free cheeseburgers at Shawnee a few weeks ago at CB....I only saw one person leave...And he wasn't even uhh skiing ;):rofl