Anybody going 12-30

bigdaddyk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TT, the "carpool" theme has a life of its own by now, so its no longer ballbusting. If you checked under my avatar, you'd see where I lived. I've posted what I drive and what I drive is immaterial, it burns gasoline, too. 35,000 miles, why is that relevant? How much is in my bank account is a tasteless question that no sensible person ever answers, and strangers should never ask. I don't trust banks, so I keep enough to pay the bills in there.

News alert: gas is 1.63/gal if you can burn 87 octane. Hardly the situation we were in 6 months ago. Carpooling is great, and I hope everyone does it and promotes it. More often than not, I share rides to the Poconos and NE. So, I don't need a lecture in the wisdom of carpooling.

If carpooling is "great" like you say, then quit busting my balls about it. You, and everyone else on here. :angry:

My questions were obviously rhetorical and I think you knew that. I couldn't care less about your info. It was meant to make you put yourself in other people's shoes.

Apparently, PASR is the only place I've come across where you are a tool for trying to get people together to ride. :rolleyes:

If carpooling is "great" like you say, then quit busting my balls about it. You, and everyone else on here. :angry:

My questions were obviously rhetorical and I think you knew that. I couldn't care less about your info. It was meant to make you put yourself in other people's shoes.

Apparently, PASR is the only place I've come across where you are a tool for trying to get people together to ride. :rolleyes:

It's great that you offer the ride share. I'm pretty sure everyone on this board is aware of it and would contact you if interested. But the "carpool" theme will continue to provide a lot of chuckles, so stop taking it personally. We can be tools and kid around about it.

TTC6, I don't think people on here give you a hard time about carpooling. They give you a hard time because you continually POST about carpooling.

OK counselor, how else are you going to make things happen unless you constantly post about it?

What do you suggest?

As far as the thread's topic, NOAA is calling for 46mph gusts.

It might not be a bad idea to skip riding today.

Point Forecast: Lake Harmony PA

41.05N 75.65W En Espa

Edited by TT C6

OK counselor, how else are you going to make things happen unless you constantly post about it?

What do you suggest?

Is there some reason for your calling me counselor?

I have no suggestions. I was only pointing out that I do not think the people on PASR are against carpooling and that I think that the members here are simply tired of your continual posting about carpooling when you have not had positive results from PASR members. Has one person from PASR carpooled with you? That's a rhetorical question--my point is that I think your efforts here on PASR are in vain and that your efforts are best spent elsewhere--where people might be more receptive to carpooling. I think most people on here know that if they need a ride and want to share the drive, they could contact you.

Has one person from PASR carpooled with you?

Yes. A few times. We have FORTY PEOPLE carpooling this weekend from Philly. So, it must make sense to some people. I don't know why some PASR's have such a problem and want to cause drama.

What was the point in asking the question if it was rhetorical?

I have no suggestions.

Criticism with no positive suggestion or solution? Although I hoped for more from an attorney, I'm not surprised.

Is there some reason for your calling me counselor?

It's more polite than "Miss Attorney".

Yes. A few times. We have FORTY PEOPLE carpooling this weekend from Philly. So, it must make sense to some people. I don't know why some PASR's have such a problem and want to cause drama.

What was the point in asking the question if it was rhetorical?

Criticism with no positive suggestion or solution? Although I hoped for more from an attorney, I'm not surprised.

It's more polite than "Miss Attorney".

You know TTC6, I've never done anything but to try to offer to help you. If I've offended you, I haven't done it purposefully. My comments were to try to help you understand why the people on here are not receptive to your posts. Please don't be nasty to me, it's totally uncalled for. Lighten up!

Edit: I misspelled "done."

Edited by Melissa

You know TTC6, I've never done anything but to try to offer to help you. If I've offended you, I haven't do it purposefully. My comments were to try to help you understand why the people on here are not receptive to your posts. Please don't be nasty to me, it's totally uncalled for. Lighten up!

I'm not being nasty to you. I'm just pointing out the obvious facts. People criticize, but no one offers an alternative or suggestion.

And yes, I expected more from a well educated attorney. And yes, I thought your response was less than friendly. No worries. I'm over it.

Give it up Doug. She'll never go out with you.

Before you "try" to respond by taking a shot, I'm not interested.

Listen TTC6, PASR isn't a huge site. Its not like there are a million people reading this place every day to see your awesome carpool threads. Its a smallish community and posting about carpooling 80000000 times to the same 100 people isn't going to do anything. I'm usually a pretty neutral person here, but I'm starting to get sick of your posts. Note: I said your posts, not you so don't get pissed. I'm sure you're a decent guy on the mountains but you're an ass online.

Put something in your signature or something about contacting you about carpooling or whatever you want to do and stop posting stupid shit. How long has this been going on anyway? You've been asking the same people the same things for close to a year now. Most people would have given up by now.

I also will dare you to actually add something to this site once in a while instead of simply demanding names and dates and times and conditions and carpools and this that and the other thing. You only seem to post about info that you rudely demand, or a carpool/rental thread. Maybe you should try to post some Trip Reports, or maybe some gear related stuff, I don't know, anything useful to the community rather than just yourself!

Listen TTC6, PASR isn't a huge site. Its not like there are a million people reading this place every day to see your awesome carpool threads. Its a smallish community and posting about carpooling 80000000 times to the same 100 people isn't going to do anything. I'm usually a pretty neutral person here, but I'm starting to get sick of your posts. Note: I said your posts, not you so don't get pissed. I'm sure you're a decent guy on the mountains but you're an ass online.

Put something in your signature or something about contacting you about carpooling or whatever you want to do and stop posting stupid shit. How long has this been going on anyway? You've been asking the same people the same things for close to a year now. Most people would have given up by now.

I also will dare you to actually add something to this site once in a while instead of simply demanding names and dates and times and conditions and carpools and this that and the other thing. You only seem to post about info that you rudely demand, or a carpool/rental thread. Maybe you should try to post some Trip Reports, or maybe some gear related stuff, I don't know, anything useful to the community rather than just yourself!

Fair enough Schif. I respect what you are saying.

I started another thread to get an idea of the demographics on here. Maybe I am wasting my time on PASR. I always hope new members will get on board with some of the things I want to do. But, maybe that isn't going to happen. Our Philly snowboard group has 10 members a year ago. Now we have 150. So, it wasn't pointless to keep some the faith in PASR for me.

It was suggested that I start a master carpool thread and then just bump it with dates and times. The same thing was mentioned about a ski house. I have no problem doing that.

I would post TR's, but I think other people are a lot better describing conditions than I am and PASRs are always posting TRs the days I ride.

As far as gear, I haven't ridden enough different gear to have much to offer and again, I'm not that good at describing things.

Burton has been GREAT with replacing broken bindings and boots, so I am loyal to them for now. But, I don't think I'd want to own Burton stuff without a great warranty support.

Edited by TT C6

Ding ding ding ding ding...is that a rhetorical question.. :D

No it is not rhetorical. I want the date and time of TTC6's first carpool post, his real name, occupation, medical history and a copy of his original Birth Certificate, and you guys are just being jerks if I don't get it.

TTC6, my posts had the some sort of message as Schif's, and for some reason, when you responded to mine, you tried to insult me, but somehow you saw the light when you responded to Schif's... this is what I am talking about when I say please do not be nasty to me.

My posts in this thread:

@ 9:53 a.m. "TTC6, I don't think people on here give you a hard time about carpooling. They give you a hard time because you continually POST about carpooling."

Your response: "OK counselor, how else are you going to make things happen unless you constantly post about it?

What do you suggest?"

@ 10:33 a.m. "Is there some reason for your calling me counselor? I have no suggestions. I was only pointing out that I do not think the people on PASR are against carpooling and that I think that the members here are simply tired of your continual posting about carpooling when you have not had positive results from PASR members. Has one person from PASR carpooled with you? That's a rhetorical question--my point is that I think your efforts here on PASR are in vain and that your efforts are best spent elsewhere--where people might be more receptive to carpooling. I think most people on here know that if they need a ride and want to share the drive, they could contact you."

Your response: "Yes. A few times. We have FORTY PEOPLE carpooling this weekend from Philly. So, it must make sense to some people. I don't know why some PASR's have such a problem and want to cause drama. What was the point in asking the question if it was rhetorical? Criticism with no positive suggestion or solution? Although I hoped for more from an attorney, I'm not surprised. It's more polite than "Miss Attorney"."

@ 10:55 a.m. "You know TTC6, I've never done anything but to try to offer to help you. If I've offended you, I haven't done it purposefully. My comments were to try to help you understand why the people on here are not receptive to your posts. Please don't be nasty to me, it's totally uncalled for. Lighten up!"

Your response: "I'm not being nasty to you. I'm just pointing out the obvious facts. People criticize, but no one offers an alternative or suggestion. And yes, I expected more from a well educated attorney. And yes, I thought your response was less than friendly. No worries. I'm over it."

So, let's see--I tried to explain why people were not receptive to your posts (because you post too many carpool threads) and gave you a suggestion (take it to a different forum where people are more into carpooling). You responded: "Criticism with no positive suggestion or solution? Although I hoped for more from an attorney, I'm not surprised." I did give you a suggestion, but you didn't like it. I'm not always too swift on the uptake, but I'm pretty sure that your calling me "counselor" and "Miss Attorney" were not complimentary and served to demean me, or be insulting or sarcastic. After I restated my intentions and apologized if I had accidently offended you (see my post @ 10:55 a.m.), you came back with "And yes, I expected more from a well educated attorney."

The icing on the cake is that when Schif posts the same point, you respond to him with "Fair enough Schif. I respect what you are saying."

To recap: The intent of my suggestions was to help explain why people are not more receptive to your posts. I do not appreciate your nastiness. Thanks.

yeah people need to just STFU . Instead they just say asshole shit and pour more gas on the fire.

Nice one grilledsteeze.......

I'm not even sticking up for the guy. You guys are all just being dicks.

jesus lady you must have like time to kill if you just typed that novel

Elk might be the place to go. They are expecting five inches of snow. I might end up there. It will be a last minute, early morning decision, depending on the snow.

Good call BDK, thanks for the heads up, I totally forgot about the snow we have coming!

I'm going to start planning stuff now and we'll see where I end up tomorrow. Does anyone know how elk has been doing lately? 5 inches isn't enough to get into woods that were bare the day before, but i'm going to be optimistic.

Good call BDK, thanks for the heads up, I totally forgot about the snow we have coming!

I'm going to start planning stuff now and we'll see where I end up tomorrow. Does anyone know how elk has been doing lately? 5 inches isn't enough to get into woods that were bare the day before, but i'm going to be optimistic.

Some of the smaller wooded areas at JF still have a hard crust, so new snow would help those areas. A few inches though is not enough for me to venture off trail. I would think that Elk should be in good shape. Lake Harmony is supposed to get less than Elk, but then again JF seems to be in its own mini climate, where the mountain gets snow and it doesn't do anything around it.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Some of the smaller wooded areas at JF still have a hard crust, so new snow would help those areas. A few inches though is not enough for me to venture off trail. I would think that Elk should be in good shape. Lake Harmony is supposed to get less than Elk, but then again JF seems to be in its own mini climate, where the mountain gets snow and it doesn't do anything around it.

There are two lakes and ponds I pass on the way to JF every day and all have been ice covered

last week and yesterday and today at noon so it does look like snowmaking and grooming

conditions have been good for JF.