Blue Mountain Terrain Parks. Features and Conditions

TT C6

Sidewinder is getting torn down on sunday. Won't be open until probably next weekend. It's getting completely redone. Even though the jump line is pretty good right now.

Can you please give a description of all the jumps (how many, lip to knuckle size, takeoffs, landings, etc)

Thanks.

i'll be nice, even though it wont matter in two days... flat down flat rail or flat box, then up flat rail or up flat box, then dropin mound at the turn for the jumpline. jumps seem to be about 20, 25-30, 35-40? people might tell you differently, but they're not big, and could use longer steeper landings. stepovers would be nice. the bus is also an option as opposed to the 3rd jump. then you've got the wallride, which is mostly worthless. then either long c box on the side of the hill, which looks like it could be fun but i havent hit it yet, or a jump that i was told measured out to 54 feet, but again, not really that big at all, with a landing inappropriately small for the size of the lip/jump. after you get rattled apart on the runout from that jump, there's an awkward hip that isnt quite vert enough or doesnt have a deep enough landing or something, can't figure it out but i'm afraid to come at it with any reasonable speed. thats if for sidewinder. come around i think still has the flat bar/flat box combo up top into rainbow rail into 20 foot jump or wide flatbard, 40ft double barrel or butter box wallride, battleship box, then barrel bonk/jump. lower park is tiny jump or flat box, tiny jump or short flat box or butter box, tiny jump or rainbow box, tiny jump or flat down box, tiny jump, then mailbox spine. enjoy and you're welcome.

I assume the jumps lline is in the same location on the mountain that it was last year and they are as close together as last season as well?

I also assume that if they are tearing it all down Sunday, it currently needs a lot of improvement?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post that Justo. :)

It's nice to know not everyone here is a f@cking douche bag.

goodbye.

With posts like this, WHY is this guy on staff ????

Edited by TT C6

if you have a problem then you can either ignore it, or leave. and that post was in reference to the park... as in, its gone.

thanks for your input, though.

Does anyone know whats getting put in? i think i may be heading up Thursday after skool...

its still not final. and it also might not be done by thursday since they were going to try and blow all week. i think they were shooting for a friday opening.... but i'm not 100% sure.

yeah, jumps are in the same spot, but with a lot more space between since there are 3 now and not 4 in a row. also, sidewinder i 99% not gonna be open on thursday. they're blowing through mid week and hoping to get it open for saturday morning is what i was told, so i'd place bets on mid day saturday. it's not that it's bad right now, they just did what they could to get it open for the holiday weekend, so there isnt as much stuff, and its not as big as they want it, that's all. the jumpline is actually pretty fun when you get your speed dialed. as long as you clear the first one, straightline the rest and you're golden.

I assume the jumps lline is in the same location on the mountain that it was last year and they are as close together as last season as well?

I also assume that if they are tearing it all down Sunday, it currently needs a lot of improvement?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post that Justo. :)

It's nice to know not everyone here is a f@cking douche bag.

Cuz he's cooler then you.. :rolleyes:

No he was just regarding to the park being gone....

will "come around" and "Terrain Run" be open? are they typically decent or will i get bored? srry about all the questions. thnx

both are open. Come Around is pretty fun, but most people use Terrain Run as a shortcut to to six-pack, so it's normally a shitshow.

huh..I though freezing rain tomorrow night and maybe snow Tuesday night into Wednesday..

from NOAA.gov

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow and freezing rain likely before 11pm, then rain likely between 11pm and midnight, then rain likely, possibly mixed with sleet after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Wednesday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saw the last jump in Sidewinder last week and it looked mad scary. c-box looked fun but I didn't see anyone hit it. Excited to see if they will do anything different with the rebuild...

from NOAA.gov

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow and freezing rain likely before 11pm, then rain likely between 11pm and midnight, then rain likely, possibly mixed with sleet after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Wednesday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saw the last jump in Sidewinder last week and it looked mad scary. c-box looked fun but I didn't see anyone hit it. Excited to see if they will do anything different with the rebuild...

c box is ride on and beat. the last jump is awkward because you actually have to hit it way slower than it seems you should. it looks much bigger than it really is. i don't think i've ever hit a "54 foot" jump so slow in my life. hopefully they get something of decent size up on the rebuild, although with the weather this week, i really don't think/hope it will happen for this weekend. wait till there's a solid week where they can blow a ton of snow and do it right instead of doing it now just to do it...

Last jump isn't near as scary as it looks. When i first saw it, i figured i was going to die hitting it. After hitting a few times, it's actually really fun. The lip has a weird kick to it, but it's not bad. The run out just turns into a bumpy mess from everyone slowing down there to hit the hip.

I did watch some guy on race skis go full bore at the 4th jump, needless to say, it was nothing short of awesome. 1/4 backflip to kangaroo kick in mid air, to probably landing flat. couldn't see after he dropped below the lip since i was waiting to hit it.

I did watch some guy on race skis go full bore at the 4th jump, needless to say, it was nothing short of awesome. 1/4 backflip to kangaroo kick in mid air, to probably landing flat. couldn't see after he dropped below the lip since i was waiting to hit it.

I've been working on getting that kangaroo kick on lock down for ages now! DAMN IT!

Doesnt look like great snowmaking temps this week, I hope Blue doesnt take down the park and then isnt able to make enough snow snow to make it worthwhile putting back together by the weekend. Its bad enough to have the race kids all over the mountain on weekends we dont need all the park kids trying to slide there way down challenge with their mid mounted skis with the edges filed off. See you guys in the morning.