2/2 storm thead

moe ghoul

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the high for tuesday just went from 41 to 34 up here... come on snow!

Fucking right it did. Just looked high for tuesday is 32, Just north of northeast Philly. Hopefully this passes over by wednesday, i got a flight to catch wednesday afternoon for Utar.

Reverse psychology.. :lol:

Actually, no. As much as I love snow, I don't want a huge storm. They are too much of a pain to get around in, they close roads, and it's a bitch when you don't have off street parking. I prefer smaller storms. I also don't want a lot of rain. That's why I'm hoping we get brushed with snow and not dumped on or rained on.

Actually, no. As much as I love snow, I don't want a huge storm. They are too much of a pain to get around in, they close roads, and it's a bitch when you don't have off street parking. I prefer smaller storms. I also don't want a lot of rain. That's why I'm hoping we get brushed with snow and not dumped on or rained on.

:slap::nono

ive heard out here in western pa we could get something to rival the blizzard of 96. like 2 or 3 feet if it hits right

InaccuWeather says that. They are all about the onshore storm track.. even though every model now is completely off the coast. The storm would have to track basically over Eastern PA now for you to have a chance at that.. and slow down.

Looking at the latest model runs... that doesn't look to be the case. In fact.. a lot are backing off the storm intensity notably. I don't see more than 12" for anybody from this storm from what I'm seeing *at this point*. But its looking more likely that Eastern PA may do well here.

Maybe I should have clarified this. I don't want huge storms where I live, but I don't mind if the ski areas get them. I planned on going to Elk on Tuesday, but the Poconos are supposed to get 3-7 inches starting Tuesday morning. I might just end up going to JF, instead, since it looks like Elk might be a littlle too far NW, for this.

I was at Camelback from 3-8 it started snowing before sundown pretty heavily until I left the conditions were great especially on the steeps. I see now they're calling for 1-3 hopfully we at least get 3.

I almost went to CB, but figured it would be scraped off and mushed around, so I went to BB, since they open at 3 and I got a late start.

I almost went to CB, but figured it would be scraped off and mushed around, so I went to BB, since they open at 3 and I got a late start.

It was actually totally dead tonight it was strange. Normally the mountains dead all day until the kids get out of school and they start to come up but not tonight. I suppose everyone else was hungover from Super Bowl Sunday. I'm sure boulders conditions were just as good if not better.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

It was actually totally dead tonight it was strange. Normally the mountains dead all day until the kids get out of school and they start to come up but not tonight. I suppose everyone else was hungover from Super Bowl Sunday. I'm sure boulders conditions were just as good if not better.

Boulder had excellent conditions, but crowd wise it was also dead, which surprised me. I didn't go over to freedom, but BB park was empty. I thought the snow would bring people out.