Buckman's Boulder Bash 2/21/09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi, On-site Registration will be available for $25 per competitor. On-site registration will be open 8:00am - 9:30am. Please bring cash! You must have a lift ticket and no discount tickets will be available on-site!

The maximum # of new registrations per division accepted on-site will be:

Grommet - 10

Women - 9

Open Skier - 10

Open Snowboarder -10

Also, if you are a competitor you should of received an e-mail from me today mentioning that there is a $10 (cash) Bib deposit required. When you return your bib you will get your $10 back. The US Open style bibs we have are expensive. We already had 12 people who kept theirs after last year's rail jam.

See you Saturday and the weather looks good for the event!

they suck at redoing everything. boulder has gone down hill this year sadly.

park crew using a rake on the top of a hip. i yelled at them b/c they are morons and there is no reason to do that and they tried telling me they know b/c they are on park crew .

fun event, but it wasnt a $5000 course. some bigger jumps definitely would have separated the field a little bit more. having the jumps as small as they were was definitely limiting to some people. props to everyone involved for making everything run smoothly, and to ski patrol for being kev's personal body guard hahaha

edit: not sure of his name, but a little dude from creek got 3rd for the guys, and nipples' rodeo(?) 7s scared everyone who witnessed them.

Edited by Justo8484

fun event, but it wasnt a $5000 course. some bigger jumps definitely would have separated the field a little bit more. having the jumps as small as they were was definitely limiting to some people. props to everyone involved for making everything run smoothly, and to ski patrol for being kev's personal body guard hahaha

yea i was a fugitive for a while haha. big ups to johnny and boulder for putting on yet another well-run event. can't wait til next years!!

Ok, want to thank everyone who participated for throwing down big. The quality of competition was outstanding.

Also need to thank all our sponsors and Big Boulder for helping us put this event together.

So, here are the results:

Buckman's Boulder Bash '09

1st place ($1250 cash) - Jonathan Brogan

2nd place ($750 cash) - Steve "Nips" Larick

3rd place ($500 cash) - Carson Lappert

Open Skier Division:

1st place ($1250 cash) - Jonathan Brogan

2nd place ($750 cash) - Steve "Nips" Larick

3rd place ($500 cash) - Carson Lappert

Open Snowboarder Division:

1st place ($1250 cash) - Scott Kuchinski

2nd place ($750 cash) - Willilam Keil

3rd place ($500 cash) - Thomas Weis

Women's Combined Division (for product):

1st place - Jackie Kling

2nd place - Jaime Del Pizzo

3rd place - Catherine Kerzetski

Grommet (12 and under) Division (for product):

1st place - Austin Lamoreaux

2nd place - Jake Orzech

3rd place - Kyle Schiffbauer

Mark your calendar now for Saturday, February 20, 2010! One way or another we will have a competition on that day.

See you on the slopes!

Edited by johnnypowder

Yes, thanks. I wasn't there, but the boys had a great time with their Dad. David got free skullcandy headphones (which he had been saving up to buy) and Stephen was drooling over the red bull girls (which is kind of disturbing since he is only 8). He got his picture taken with them and they thought he was cute so he was in heaven. David didn't do much in the comp but got his first one under his belt and was happy with the experience.

At least someone saw them!!! I've never been at a Red Bull sponsored event where finding Red Bull was so difficult. At last years Buckmans event people were literally OD'ing on the stuff...

Yeah, i was disappointed with the Red Bull ground team. They didn't seem to do much. I only was able to get 1 from them. if Kent from Atomic hadn't brought some I probably wouldn't have gotten anymore. Pretty funny how an 8yr old had better luck with the Red Bull girls!

As far as next year - watch for something big! All I can say is we will probably have 2 events bookending the season. Not sure if the parking lot event will work but we are still exploring it.