Looking for a mountain

Delilah

Hi!

My friend went to a ski lodge for a few days and can't remember the name of it. I thought I'd post a few details about the lodge and see if anyone would recognize it.

The lodge does have day and night skiing, it has snowboarding, and it has a bar and from there a little ways you can ski down and it takes you right to the door.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

so the bar is not in the lodge, it is a stand alone bar on the slopes?? I wanna ski there. This thread doesn't make sense at all.

Seems odd, doesn't it? That's why I thought it would be unique. But that's the description I was given, along with some very funny stories about people too drunk to put on their skis.

My initial thought was camelback because they have that lodge at the top near Marjies

Not really a bar but you definitely would need to ski down from it.

Then I thought... I'm not really sure if they even serve alcohol at that lodge...

It's definitely not... Boulder, Jack Frost,Elk, Spring, Shawnee

My initial thought was camelback because they have that lodge at the top near Marjies

Not really a bar but you definitely would need to ski down from it.

Then I thought... I'm not really sure if they even serve alcohol at that lodge...

It's definitely not... Boulder, Jack Frost,Elk, Spring, Shawnee

they have two bars at Camelback.

but i'm thinkin' Blue on this one...

they have two bars at Camelback.

but i'm thinkin' Blue on this one...

Excellent!

I had narrowed the possibilities down to Camelback, Shawnee, and Denton, from looking at each ski lodge's description on pennsylvaniaskiresorts.com. They were the only ones that mentioned having their own on-site lodging. Does Blue have their own lodging?

Delilah anyway welcome to paskiandride.com...do you ski or board??? Do you have anymore clues???

Thanks :) I ski, though terribly so, and I would love to learn to board sometime. It's just a tad difficult to get into it around my work and school schedule, and having a ton of friends who aren't too fond of cold weather. :) What about you?

I can't think of any more clues at this time. I'll see if Camelback sounds familiar to her, and if not, I'll see if she remembers any other details about the place.

Oh right! I didn't thank everyone for their help. I'm rude.

Thank you, guys!

Hi!

My friend went to a ski lodge for a few days and can't remember the name of it. I thought I'd post a few details about the lodge and see if anyone would recognize it.

The lodge does have day and night skiing, it has snowboarding, and it has a bar and from there a little ways you can ski down and it takes you right to the door.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

It's definately Blue your talking about I think. Every ski area has a lodge but if you mean like a place to stay over night at the mountain than it wasn't Blue. It was probably Bear Creek I think they have on site lodgeing. As far as your description of the bar though I'd say its blue. Blue's bar is up on the hill a bit and it is a short ways to ski down to what I think your refering to the "door" as the archway you walk through where they scan your tickets.

Are you sure They were in eastern pennsylvania? The Description fits 7 Springs but is south of Pittsburgh.

The only PA resorts (to the best of my memory) with lodging at the base that you would ski down to are Bear Creek (which is only 5 years old) and Seven Springs - out of those two, only Seven Springs has a restaurant at the top, which might have included a bar - not sure if there is one there now. Camelback, I think, had beer at one time at the top, not sure about that now (lots of CB people here) however they don't have lodging that you would then ski to at the base of the slopes, unless your friend is thinking about the condos by Laurel glade?

Camelback, I think, had beer at one time at the top, not sure about that now (lots of CB people here) however they don't have lodging that you would then ski to at the base of the slopes, unless your friend is thinking about the condos by Laurel glade?

That was my thought... Brew at the top lodge then skiing over..to the condo's by laurel glade

I've never been to 7 springs though...

From the descriptions, I can't tell if the lodging is at the top or the bottom of the hill, only that possibly there is a bar and from that you ski down to a lodge....I think.

You need to ask type of lodging, where the lodging is in relation to the slope, where the bar is in relation to the slope, etc. I think almost all PA ski areas have night skiing and boarding, so that doesn't really narrow things down.

It might help to ask if it was a big area or small area, but lots of newbies have nothing to base that on, they stick to one area and have no memory of the overall size. I'm thinking, though, that there are (or used to be) some honeymoon hotel type places that have a "ski area" of sorts that are part of the hotel grounds, which we might be totally overlooking.