Snowmaking at Jack Frost

Just in from the GM of Jack Frost:

"We will be making snow @ JF. We will make snow Thursday night and again on Friday night to have fresh powder in the trees on Challenge and fresh cord on the slopes for the weekend. This will set us up for several weeks of great skiing/riding. Please let "bigdaddyk " know he will get his wish!"

Mark Daubert

General Manager

Wow, BDK you are the man. I have to say after riding at JF all season instead of BB, I definitely like it over there better. Longer trails and more challenging ones.

On an unrelated topic...since the powers that be read this board I have a question. Why did they do away with every day pass validation for the race team next year and change it to a direct access pass only? I know its only another $100 bucks but I am not going to get direct access passes for myself or my other son. I imagine the rest of the race team parents won't spring for them either so we will all be getting daily tickets at the window anyway. Just wondering.

But we do love that program and it has been well worth the money this season. The coaches are great and the fun races with the medals given out are great too.

Edited by Barb

thats good to hear....i think they did a real nice job last friday night, i thought conditions were really good last sat vs. last friday.

keep up the good work BDK, i wont be able to make it up this weekend, but definetly next weekend. maybe you could wave your magic wand around alittle next week to get them to make snow then too?

Just in from the GM of Jack Frost:

"We will be making snow @ JF. We will make snow Thursday night and again on Friday night to have fresh powder in the trees on Challenge and fresh cord on the slopes for the weekend. This will set us up for several weeks of great skiing/riding. Please let "bigdaddyk " know he will get his wish!"

Mark Daubert

General Manager

GREAT to hear.... I'm actually going to be there first thing on Saturday Morning to sample some of that fresh powder in the Challenge Trees....unofficial PASR day possibly??

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

GREAT to hear.... I'm actually going to be there first thing on Saturday Morning to sample some of that fresh powder in the Challenge Trees....unofficial PASR day possibly??

Snow in the challenge glade.... We LOVE you Jack Frost!!!

I'm so glad I bought my pass there this year...

It's a go for me....

oh and I just need to get some $$$ so I can re-up my season pass and get one for my son too for next season...

Hells yeah

They should let one trail bump up. I like JF (my third favorite PA mountain behind Elk and Sno), especially because of their liberal tree policy. All they need is a run that always has bumps, or even better, let half of a run bump up. Then they would get the most out of their limited terrain.

They should let one trail bump up. I like JF (my third favorite PA mountain behind Elk and Sno), especially because of their liberal tree policy. All they need is a run that always has bumps, or even better, let half of a run bump up. Then they would get the most out of their limited terrain.

Agreed on the liberal tree skiing policy and the fact that they blow snow in there makes me keep coming back there compared to closer mountains...

They were letting exhibition bump up on one side there for a little while earlier in the season and last year they let floyd's bump up...

Floyd's was awesome last year bumped...I have no idea why they didn't let it bump up this year. I agree about JF needing a dedicated bump trail.

Snow in the challenge glade.... We LOVE you Jack Frost!!!

I'm so glad I bought my pass there this year...

It's a go for me....

oh and I just need to get some $$$ so I can re-up my season pass and get one for my son too for next season...

Hells yeah

Looks like you made up your mind for next season. I'm still debating it but leaning JFBB.

The left side of Exhibition is nice and bumped up.

IMG_2465.jpg

My kids had a blast on it on Monday. I hope they leave it that way for the rest of the year. I have to say we've been real happy with the conditions all season at JF. We've been up every weekend but one and have always found good to great conditions on mountain. Can't believe it's almost over.

Floyd's was awesome last year bumped...I have no idea why they didn't let it bump up this year. I agree about JF needing a dedicated bump trail.

Looks like you made up your mind for next season. I'm still debating it but leaning JFBB.

Yeah pretty much..... The snow is nicer, the terrain is more diverse, they open first, close last, and the price point makes it worth the extra drive...

Looks like JFBB for me and my son and I can always use some vouchers to help out some of my homies from Blue...

• 2 weeks later...