Jack Frost 2-21-09

RidgeRacer

Just back from a long, really fun 6 hour session at Jack Frost. I got there at around 8:20. The lot was filling fast. Temps were in the 20's and the sun was shining under blue skies. I got my ticket and headed for Thunderbolt which was a spectacular packed powder / cord...absolutely perfect. I headed for East and did a run on Floyd's which was just as nice. At 9am I met up with Smartass, Phillycore and Phillycore's son at the top of Lehigh.

We skied Lehigh and then over to East for a few runs on a perfect packed powder surface before heading over to the Challenge glade, which was the run of the day. There was freshly blown man made powder and bumps in the trees with no ice in anywhere....the glade was skiable down to the East Mt. lift, with a few logs and rocks to be aware of on the way down. We also made a run through the One Park trees, which were not as good as challenge. We skied out to the bumps on Exhibition, then skied a run on Dematte's before heading back to East where I got to meet C1er who stopped by to say hello as he was getting off of the East Mt. lift.

Phillycore and I were on a mission to find a line among the mess of thorn bushes on the old Elevator, since there was plenty of carvable snow in there and there looked to be 1 or 2 possible lines. We ended up trying a few different ways down while Smartass and PC's son looked on. The first couple of turns weren't bad but it tightened up pretty quick and finding room to turn on that pitch became the hard part. We ended up trying 6 or 7 times to find a way to ski it flawlessly but it's near impossible. We almost had it the first few times but it's way too overgrown. After getting beat up by the Elevator (kid's don't try it) a number of times, we did a few more runs on Floyd's and the Challenge glade before calling it a day. Today was a top 5 day for sure and lots of fun skiing with PASRs.

No crowds and fresh cord in the morning

0221090844-00.jpg

Phillycore on vader...

0221091105-00.jpg

PC picking a line in the challenge glade.

0221091121-00.jpg

Floyd's from the lift

0221090844-01.jpg

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

super duper packed today . it was absolute hell. Atleast riding in ONE PARK was better than riding at boulder all together. Sooooo many faggot kids from other mountains there today it was hell on earth. I dont want to sound like an asshole but i almost had to fight some kids it was so gay . One kid was content that i cut him off on something i didnt even go on and i was 50ft in front of him, but i scared him off when i told him what was up.

i hate holiday weekends :thumbdown

Michael and I left the house early this am and picked up smartass en route to Jack Frost..

Pulled into the lot about 7:50 or so and booted up. After getting our tickets we headed down lehigh for some fresh cord.

Then Exhibition twice before T-bolt then lapping the east mountain a few times till 9. (had a quick hi/bye with C1er who was lapping east mtn)

On down sno-chute to meet up with Pa Ridge Racer... No need to give the run-down as he already did that...

Challenge glade was SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Fresh blown as advertised..... Peak resorts treatin the customers Right.. (Take notes Barbera Green...Blue Mtn..)

Pa RR and I dragged smartass in and judging by the smile on his face I don't think it will be his last runs in the trees for sure..

Then Pa RR and I went on an expedition to find the long lost Elevator... Oh yeah it was long lost... thick stickerbushes galore and saplings.

We tried to find a line quite a few times, but it wasn't happening easily. Believe it or not the snowbase actually slid in a few spots.. Crazy stuff...

I learned one thing for sure... skis are not meant to make turns on stickerbushes... We were determined to nail it clean but it was simply too thick and we tried several different angles. I ALMOST nailed it on my 2nd try only to get hung up on a bush-hole near the very bottom. It's so overgrown that it was one of those things you either nailed it or you got owned. We had an audience quite a few times, even some patrollers who called out... we got two on the elevator, but unlike Blue mt. they just asked if we were ok as we hiked up and collected gear out of the thorns. There was NOONE else even attempting it whatsoever and we both agreed that it was as successful as it was going to get.

JF REALLY needs to re-open the elevator as it's truly a lost treasure so when we start the petition please help us get it back for all of us to ski it....(sans thorn bushes and saplings...) The Snow today was GREAT, the weather was Perfect, the company was Fun and it truly was and EPIC day.....

Michael and I left the house early this am and picked up smartass en route to Jack Frost..

Pulled into the lot about 7:50 or so and booted up. After getting our tickets we headed down lehigh for some fresh cord.

Then Exhibition twice before T-bolt then lapping the east mountain a few times till 9. (had a quick hi/bye with C1er who was lapping east mtn)

On down sno-chute to meet up with Pa Ridge Racer... No need to give the run-down as he already did that...

Challenge glade was SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Fresh blown as advertised..... Peak resorts treatin the customers Right.. (Take notes Barbera Green...Blue Mtn..)

Pa RR and I dragged smartass in and judging by the smile on his face I don't think it will be his last runs in the trees for sure..

Then Pa RR and I went on an expedition to find the long lost Elevator... Oh yeah it was long lost... thick stickerbushes galore and saplings.

We tried to find a line quite a few times, but it wasn't happening easily. Believe it or not the snowbase actually slid in a few spots.. Crazy stuff...

I learned one thing for sure... skis are not meant to make turns on stickerbushes... We were determined to nail it clean but it was simply too thick and we tried several different angles. I ALMOST nailed it on my 2nd try only to get hung up on a bush-hole near the very bottom. It's so overgrown that it was one of those things you either nailed it or you got owned. We had an audience quite a few times, even some patrollers who called out... we got two on the elevator, but unlike Blue mt. they just asked if we were ok as we hiked up and collected gear out of the thorns. There was NOONE else even attempting it whatsoever and we both agreed that it was as successful as it was going to get.

JF REALLY needs to re-open the elevator as it's truly a lost treasure so when we start the petition please help us get it back for all of us to ski it....(sans thorn bushes and saplings...) The Snow today was GREAT, the weather was Perfect, the company was Fun and it truly was and EPIC day.....

Well said and ditto on the Elevator. Thanks for the pics Philly.

yo philly

just cuz jf gits a lil 'vadah

y'aint got to be a blue hatah!

queen green gots da bleu lean an mean!

best damn snow i's evah seen!

werd to ya muvvah.....

yessir that'd be the effect of a few long trails...ya herd

Mike - No hatin on Blue... just want Barbera to take care of the place like her old man did...

i put saturday in the top 5 of best days at frost this year. conditions were really perfect, the snow and weather was spot on. it was good skiing with you guys.

those pictures arent even close to showing how steep "the elevator" is. its crazy steep.

trees are cool....

It sounds like you and Michael had an epic session. It's good that you got to ski with some PASRs!!!! The Elevator is like the Corbetts Couloir of PA..lol

Hell no... I wouldn't touch Corbett's... Drops aren't my thing, you know what they say the bigger you are the harder you fall... and I'm big and I FALL....lol