Free skiing the rest of the season

trimreaper

Blue has the best machines money can buy, poor conditions equals operator error.

that's the truth for sure. but, i have noticed that they have been doing a better job this year than the last few... i think that just has to do with the snow, not the actual groomer.

I almost forgot....

#11 Get the snowmobiles off the trails. I've never been to a ski area that has so many snowmobiles running around.

yeah and if they do actually need to use them, keep them on the sides of the trails and not rip up the middle of a nice groomed trail.

1. Fix the potholes in the parking lots

2. Make some better food

3. Straighten out the lift lines at the quad and six packs

4. Open earlier on weekends, even if its just for us pass holders

5. Dont have the best trail in the state closed for a rinky dink race team every weekend

6. Have a bar in the valley lodge

7. Salt the entrance road

8. Keep everyone's ski equipment out of the lower lodge, I'm tired tripping over skis and boards lying all over the floor.

9. Try making some powder snow. I think they have enough base and there is no reason to be making slush every night.

10. Tell the groomers to slow down a bit. Blue has the best machines money can buy, poor conditions equals operator error.

I'm sure everyone can add to this list.

I almost forgot....

#11 Get the snowmobiles off the trails. I've never been to a ski area that has so many snowmobiles running around.

That is a pretty solid list, I completly agree with all of them. Also here is one more:

12. Get some of the ski patrollers to loosen up on their speed regulating and ticket writing.

Edited by pcc25

I've literally have talked DOZENS of people into going to JFBB and actually DROVE them there. These people did NOT want to go to JFBB and had a negative image of JFBB. They would NEVER had bought a lift tickets or spent their money at JFBB if it wasn't for me.

In return, I have received nothing but harassment from JFBB, let alone a FREE pass.

From what I have heard they are not harassing you, but you are harassing them. Everybody has to pay the piper if they get caught and you sir have been caught so shut up and take it like a man.

Have you been there on a weekend, this year?

Yes. It's not crowded. That's great for the skier but isn't going to help the mountain. The only reason I even bring this up is because of the "competition" comment. It's not even close. It's a great deal if you like skiing a little hill with good snow. It's just a boring place for me. Every trail is like every other. Great bar though!

That's because Blue Ridge is a real estate company that knows nothing about running a ski area. They weren't making money b/c the people at the top of the BR corporate ladder were making terrible decisions and/or wasting tons of money. Blue Ridge doesn't want control of anything (JFBB, Jack Frost National, Snow Ridge Village, etc.) because they don't know how to properly operate any of them. They are happy collecting rent and doing no work.

JFBB is more succesful now than ever. If the crowds are smaller, then SWEET! That's more room for me to ski!

I hate to break the news to you but "more succesful" and " crowds are smaller" don't jive. Don't give him/her too much credit for knowing anything about the ski industry!

I always figured that the crowds are likely to be larger at CB or Blue over either JF or BB on a weekend because those crowds (at JF and BB) are being divided up between 2 separate hills...if that means anything. Combined, who knows it may be the same. Good to hear the ski business in our area is thriving. That's good for everybody.

I always figured that the crowds are likely to be larger at CB or Blue over either JF or BB on a weekend because those crowds (at JF and BB) are being divided up between 2 separate hills...if that means anything. Combined, who knows it may be the same. Good to hear the ski business in our area is thriving. That's good for everybody.

never thought of it that way.

and i just look at it as two opportunities to rack in the people instead of "spreading them out"...