Free skiing the rest of the season

trimreaper

Buy a pass for next season now and get to use it for the rest of this season. I'm sure you all read that in Blue's newsletter this week but, did you read it in Camelback's newsletter a few days earlier? Just like the VIP lounge and VIP lift line, Blue's new ownership and marketing gurus shamelessly copies Camelback's newsletters and ideas..If they want to be like Camelback, which I'm all for, why dont they drive up to Camelback and see what a ski lodge looks like and what an apres ski atmoshpere is supposed to be. Come on Blue, come up with some of your own ideas, try having a concert in October or a Ski Patrol reality show or build tent for tubing....on second thought keep copying everyone else.

who cares if they "copy"

as of now three mountains in the area run this deal, if anything that just gives you more options. it's crazy how I pay less than a pass in PA and get to ski and three mountains though, I don't know if I could ever go back :blink:

Yeah for next season which you're going to need to pay for sooner or later and the rest of this season is free...why the hate??? So does a buy one get one free coupon really mean you get one free since you have to buy something work..or is it halfprice for 2 items. Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway???

No hatin ......just sayin

So what if Blue is a copycat..it's a good deal..I still need to check out the VIP season passholders lounge..I haven't been in the Summit lodge since December..

I just wish they'd be a little original in thier thinking.

The mountain itself is excellent and I'll continue to buy saeson passes there because of that and it's close to home.

New ownership has been given a ski area and excellent weather this season, now do something to make the place better.

They both copied off of JFBB. JFBB has been offering the free skiing for the last few years.

BDK knows what he is talking about!! JFBB was the original resort to offer this promotion! I'm glad to see the other resorts copying. You know what they say........."Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

I'm glad to see that the other resorts in the area are trying to compete but my money is staying with the original and besides who can claim an open domain policy and there is one and only one Elevator in the poconos!!!

Long live the Glades!!

BDK knows what he is talking about!! JFBB was the original resort to offer this promotion! I'm glad to see the other resorts copying. You know what they say........."Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

I'm glad to see that the other resorts in the area are trying to compete but my money is staying with the original and besides who can claim an open domain policy and there is one and only one Elevator in the poconos!!!

Long live the Glades!!

Trying to compete? Who are you kidding? CB and Blue are kicking the shit out of JF/BB. The only reason JF/BB started this perk was to stay in business. Have you been there on a weekend? They have no customers!

I'm glad Blue is stepping up to the plate even though it's not an original idea. I wish they would start operating Blue like a ski resort instead of an amusement park! Now it will be interesting to see if Blue stays open late and honors CB and JF/BB passes.

Trying to compete? Who are you kidding? CB and Blue are kicking the shit out of JF/BB. The only reason JF/BB started this perk was to stay in business. Have you been there on a weekend? They have no customers!

I'm glad Blue is stepping up to the plate even though it's not an original idea. I wish they would start operating Blue like a ski resort instead of an amusement park! Now it will be interesting to see if Blue stays open late and honors CB and JF/BB passes.

Nobody at JFBB on weekends? That's not what I see when I'm there. Just because there isn't a 30 min lift line or 2 hour ticket line doesn't mean they are not busy. JFBB has never been in danger of going out of business. The Peak Resort's era has seen nothing but prosperity from what I have seen.

Nobody at JFBB on weekends? That's not what I see when I'm there. Just because there isn't a 30 min lift line or 2 hour ticket line doesn't mean they are not busy. JFBB has never been in danger of going out of business. The Peak Resort's era has seen nothing but prosperity from what I have seen.

The fact is that Camelback and Blue blow every ski area in eastern PA out of the water in terms of skier visits, thus, $$$. JFBB combined does a fraction of the business that Blue or CB does in a year.

I'd rather have JFBB crowds, but I'd rather have Blue's terrain :)

..Have you been there on a weekend? They have no customers!

Have you? JF gets crowded, but the layout of the place allows them to easily handle crowds. The amount of lifts that they have helps keep the crowds spread out. Therefore, everybody isn't trying to funnel into one or two lifts.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Have you? JF gets crowded, but the layout of the place allows them to easily handle crowds. The amount of lifts that they have helps keep the crowds spread out. Therefore, everybody isn't trying to funnel into one or two lifts.

Very funny. JF had bigger crowds 20 years ago than they do now. Why do you think Blue Ridge leased it to Peak? Because they were losing money. Now they just collect the rent.

Very funny. JF had bigger crowds 20 years ago than they do now. Why do you think Blue Ridge leased it to Peak? Because they were losing money. Now they just collect the rent.

That's because Blue Ridge is a real estate company that knows nothing about running a ski area. They weren't making money b/c the people at the top of the BR corporate ladder were making terrible decisions and/or wasting tons of money. Blue Ridge doesn't want control of anything (JFBB, Jack Frost National, Snow Ridge Village, etc.) because they don't know how to properly operate any of them. They are happy collecting rent and doing no work.

JFBB is more succesful now than ever. If the crowds are smaller, then SWEET! That's more room for me to ski!

JFBB is more succesful now than ever.

That may be true, but Kia is more sucessful now then ever. Doesn't mean the Honda isn't better and more popular.

JFBB is doing very well, but Blue and CB don't need to "compete" with JFBB. In general, if people are coming from NY on Route 80, Camelback is going to "pull" people off of the highway first, with their high speed lifts, longer and steeper runs, and greater vertical rather then continuing on to JFBB. Same thing applies with Blue and JFBB and Route 476 with people coming from Philly.

Have you been there on a weekend, this year?

I have...and I agree with him!

I love how every thread has to be a battle between blue and jfbb. We all get it you like the mt you bought a pass to...pry why you bought the pass there.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to JFBB. I fully understand why you guys like going there. It's just 3x the drive for me, which is why I don't use my season pass there more often ;)

I love how every thread has to be a battle between blue and jfbb. We all get it you like the mt you bought a pass to...pry why you bought the pass there.

I've literally have talked DOZENS of people into going to JFBB and actually DROVE them there. These people did NOT want to go to JFBB and had a negative image of JFBB. They would NEVER had bought a lift tickets or spent their money at JFBB if it wasn't for me.

In return, I have received nothing but harassment from JFBB, let alone a FREE pass.

Edited by AtomicSkier

That's because Blue Ridge is a real estate company that knows nothing about running a ski area. They weren't making money b/c the people at the top of the BR corporate ladder were making terrible decisions and/or wasting tons of money. Blue Ridge doesn't want control of anything (JFBB, Jack Frost National, Snow Ridge Village, etc.) because they don't know how to properly operate any of them. They are happy collecting rent and doing no work.

JFBB is more succesful now than ever. If the crowds are smaller, then SWEET! That's more room for me to ski!

You are very insighful and must have a lot of experience in the ski business.

Who are you and what do you do?

I've literally have talked DOZENS of people into going to JFBB and actually DROVE them there. These people did NOT want to go to JFBB and had a negative image of JFBB. They would NEVER had bought a lift tickets or spent their money at JFBB if it wasn't for me.

In return, I have received nothing but harassment from JFBB, let alone a FREE pass.

No need to post that, Mr. TT :)

How have JFBB harassed you? I've had similar experience with friends and JFBB. The week before Xmas I dragged my friend, who is a Blue fanboy to JFBB, and he had a great time with the nonexistent crowds, and great snow.

What would make Blue better???? I think it's been good this season..

1. Fix the potholes in the parking lots

2. Make some better food

3. Straighten out the lift lines at the quad and six packs

4. Open earlier on weekends, even if its just for us pass holders

5. Dont have the best trail in the state closed for a rinky dink race team every weekend

6. Have a bar in the valley lodge

7. Salt the entrance road

8. Keep everyone's ski equipment out of the lower lodge, I'm tired tripping over skis and boards lying all over the floor.

9. Try making some powder snow. I think they have enough base and there is no reason to be making slush every night.

10. Tell the groomers to slow down a bit. Blue has the best machines money can buy, poor conditions equals operator error.

I'm sure everyone can add to this list.