Oh hell yeah.... short little tr 03-07

Took the am off to sleep in and left the house at 10am with Serch and my middle child (Zachary)

Today was to be Zachary's first ever day on the slopes.

Got there and had to find a place to park and there wasn't crap around so we ended up in lot 7 alongside the frosty trail.

Serch went ahead as I had to get Zachary all signed up for the pm snowmonsters session and get him rentals.

After getting him all setup I went and met Michael (serch) for some spring skiing...

Man oh man was the snow nice... it was really strange skiing without a jacket and gloves on.

It took me a run to really get comfortable as I felt so weird, but the more I skied the better it felt and DAYAM it's nice to ski

when it's in the 60's. The snow was great, the bumps were phenomenal, the weather was beautiful.... it was definitely a Great day!!

As usual didn't wait in not one single liftline all afternoon....if I said I waited more than two chairs I'd be lying...

Spent some time skiing some of the trails I never go on like janes lane, and the blue run at the bottom of frosty, etc...

It was a good way to keep an eye on how Zach was doing while skiing some terrain I never ski. I'd be lying if I said those runs weren't fun today.

I even skied powderpuff and jane's lane switch...for some practice.... Thunderbolt had a nice lip off the one headwall which was nice for some airs with some soft landings.

The challenge trees were still skiable and oh so soft... Floyd's and rivershot had their share of crud but nothing too bad and since it was so soft it made it interesting and fun.

I love Jack Frost more and more each time I get to ski it..

JADIP Fo DAYAM Sho....

Just some pics...from the proud papa..

Zachary's first time down...

post-1572-1236475936_thumb.jpg

post-1572-1236476090_thumb.jpg

He had so much fun he was begging me to go back tomorrow.

Now if I can only hit that powerball I could afford to...

Edited by phillycore

Seriously kidstoke..although the 2nd picture is a little disturbing..doh!!!

I reversed the pics so they were in order...

Yeah it does kinda look bad, but it's not like that whatsoever...just timed the pic weird....lol

The instructor at the top starts them off like that to help them get their skis pointed right (first pic) then they let them go and the other one helps them stop a little bit further down (2nd pic)

Then they repeat the process until they get to the lift....

Just some pics...from the proud papa..

Zachary's first time down...

post-1572-1236475936_thumb.jpg

post-1572-1236476090_thumb.jpg

He had so much fun he was begging me to go back tomorrow.

Now if I can only hit that powerball I could afford to...

Phillycore, I am meeting Capt Dave next Saturday and hooking him up with a freebie. I would be happy to do the same for your son. Since we get 3 season passes at the early rate that's 12 freebies for the season. I didn't have too much company up there this season so I'd be happy to share. My son David is having a friend come stay with us. Can't remember how old Michael is but if you want he can hang around David and his friend and you can concentrate on Zach. I haven't been up since Prez weekend (gasp) I can't wait to get back.

Phillycore, I am meeting Capt Dave next Saturday and hooking him up with a freebie. I would be happy to do the same for your son. Since we get 3 season passes at the early rate that's 12 freebies for the season. I didn't have too much company up there this season so I'd be happy to share. My son David is having a friend come stay with us. Can't remember how old Michael is but if you want he can hang around David and his friend and you can concentrate on Zach. I haven't been up since Prez weekend (gasp) I can't wait to get back.

PC and his son have season passes...i think he was referring to the cost of driving round trip from his house near the philly airport...

PC and his son have season passes...i think he was referring to the cost of driving round trip from his house near the philly airport...

Actually I meant the cost of Zachary (7) doing the snowmonsters program and rentals which is $80 for a 3 hour session...

Michael (14) has a season pass for next season

Actually I meant the cost of Zachary (7) doing the snowmonsters program and rentals which is $80 for a 3 hour session...

Michael (14) has a season pass for next season

That's what I meant, a freebie for Zachary. You can rent skis for $12 at Mike and Matt's. Let me know.

saturday is also the season passholders "appreciation day" or whatever. season passholders get lunch, but can also get 2 guest lift tickets with lunch for $20 each. its actually a good deal considering i ate lunch at BB saturday and it was $9.50 for sandwich and fries.

That's what I meant, a freebie for Zachary. You can rent skis for $12 at Mike and Matt's. Let me know.

I'd appreciate that... I'm not really sure what I'm doing this weekend yet...(gotta check with the wifey) but I know Zachary would love to go again...

saturday is also the season passholders "appreciation day" or whatever. season passholders get lunch, but can also get 2 guest lift tickets with lunch for $20 each. its actually a good deal considering i ate lunch at BB saturday and it was $9.50 for sandwich and fries.

Dan that's a great deal... I wonder if Michael qualifies for that as well since his pass is an 90/10 pass ??

actually RSVP was due yesterday, the 9th. (i didnt even notice you had to RSVP) like sarah said, send them an email or phone today, and i bet they wont turn you down.

RSVP by March 9, 2009 Reservations are a MUST! Please call 570-443-8425 extension 2070 or e-mail groupsales@jfbb.com

Edited by smartass