Loveland 3/23/09

jordan

couple pics from loveland today...First POW day in god knows how long :)

my room-mate Mike on the south chutes:

mike.jpg

His girl friend Rachel, also on the south chutes:

DSC07772.jpg

and finally, me on in the mood:

jordan323.jpg

as many of you know, the colorado rockies have been extremely dry over the last month or so. This weekend, Mike, Rachel, our friend Adam, and I decided to find a little humor in it. Adam came up with this hilarious TR---Read it if you are interested:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155308 me and adam also hiked and skied mount trelease on sunday, and there are some pics of that in there too.

A fucking +

I can't tell if you used trekkers or Naxo's but serious props if you climbed in Trekkers.

they were trekkers, and i have to figure out how to adjust them properly because they kept popping out of my bindings on steeper sections of the skin.

they were trekkers, and i have to figure out how to adjust them properly because they kept popping out of my bindings on steeper sections of the skin.

Holy shit man, you must have legs like tree trunks as they are pretty heavy. Embarrassing but true, I fell off a narrow ass trail into a creek in the Dacks using trekkers, I'll blame the stack height but its probably just my shitty technique.

There probably is something wrong with the forward pressure, maybe it needs to be dialed down. On steeper terrain the ski tends to form a U shape from flexing, the binding will flex but the trekker stays mostly straight pinching the trekker and ramping up the forces the binding is seeing.

HMMM that sounds like BS.....someone on TGR has to know.

WP is reporting 11 inches in the past 3 days, I believe maybe 7 inches fell in the past 3 days with wind loaded areas. It's still snowing and tomorrow might be the first proper powder day I've had in well over a month.

WP is reporting 11 inches in the past 3 days, I believe maybe 7 inches fell in the past 3 days with wind loaded areas. It's still snowing and tomorrow might be the first proper powder day I've had in well over a month.

enjoy it. take pics. and drop some rocks/pillows/cliffs/houses/etc.