Shawnee needs some love...

NazarethSkier

Shawnee has an interesting crowd of people mostly weekend warriors from the city that constantly visit shawnee and some locals from the bushkill/marshalls creek area. I learned how to snowboard there in the late 90's & held a pass for two seasons. I remember visiting Camelback for the first time after having learned at Shawnee as as a young buck I thought Camelback was a real giant mountain one of the best on the east coast lol!

The only good thing about Shawnee is that it catches a lot of the once-a-year gapers from NY/NJ coming across I80 before they get to the rest of PA because it's closest to the border. :lol:

But seriously, I skied there a few years ago to check it out. It's really flat on the top and the trail map is distorted. The bottom steeps are really short and I didn't see any bumps. The 4 or 5 center trails are essentially all the same. The terrain park looked OK but I'm not a park person, so I wouldn't be a good judge of that.

The lodge seemed OK and kind of rustic but you have to walk across a long bridge across a lake to get to it from the parking lot.

Might be worth a night session to check it out if you've never been, but most people on PASR would be bored pretty quickly. JMHO.

I learned how to ski at Shawnee. Great memories of skiing there with my dad and brother. You gotta go there on a weekday because the lift lines can get pretty painful on a weekend. While small, the place does have character.

• 9 months later...

plus all the locals are fucking weirdo's

don't lie you know you are

truth. i like shawnee, i always find their parks to be really fun, although really strange. the snow always feels weird too. not bad, just different.

the lifts are ungodly slow though.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...