SnoCove?

trackbiker

Anyone have any news on a projected opening date? The website doesn't have any real information but they are selling passes.

I'm hoping that after not opening last year that they get an early start this year. I'd definetly hit it at least once this year.

Info? What is this snow cove you speak of?

EDIT: Oh nm a waterpark doh!! I had the slightest hope it was an indoor slope or dry slope :(

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

went up yesterday, from the lazy river over place looks awesome, real nice stamped concrete all over and lounge chairs out, but wave pool, kiddie structure, and tornado slide stil have some work... they were just starting on the steel that will form the tornado slide... id guess a late june opening sounds right

They are still planning on opening for the summer? If this place goes under, the next buyer is going to buy a stacked ski area lol... I still want to get up there, since I havent been there since my first day on skis ever, but I was holding out for a high speed quad...Is there really a demand for a waterpark with camelbeach so close?

Maybe it makes sense financially since the only added cost is some labor and running the waterpumps? Other than that, they use basically the same equipment right?

the only way they can use the water pupms is to fill the pools and what not

all the rides need filters for chemicals, backwashing and pritty much things to go with a pool

all the rides also need return and supply line also to the filter pumps

so they can use the snowpumps but cant

Anyone have any news on a projected opening date? The website doesn't have any real information but they are selling passes.

I'm hoping that after not opening last year that they get an early start this year. I'd definetly hit it at least once this year.

Late opening. August 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

How much funding do they have? Looking at the website, the waterpark still isnt open, and I dont want their disastrous attempt to date on the waterpark to destroy the efforts they are making at the ski area... Can they really continue spend on capital expenditures in the summer without any return on those expenditures?

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, as much as I like ski areas, and understand that waterparks allow more year round opportunities, thus allowing for more expansion (summer or winter), it will be tough to supplant and/or steal patrons from Camelbeach... I just don't see an expanding market for that, but I could be wrong... While this does give the company increased revenue, we will most likely see money being poured into the waterpark in the near future (ie camelback) instead of expanding or modernizing the ski area other than improvements to snowmaking... I could be wrong, and they could have enough money to simultaneously expand both aspects, but I doubt it... I wish them luck because I hate to lose ski areas, but I am tired of the money money money mindset... Oh well, I guess we just have to live with it...

Well, I went up today to check it out...

there were between 15-20 lifeguards sitting around with no customers what so ever, I can honestly say I've seen no more than 5 possible customers the whole 15 min I was there, and they were up at the batting cages, It appears that the path to the lift that supports the zip line was closed, the wave pool still has no concrete base, I asked the lady at the entrance for when they expected the wave pool and tornado to be open and she said by august... okay maybe august 2010.

Heres some pictures, I'll let you be the judge.

5208_119526047742_679277742_3060544_8060118_n.jpg

5208_119526052742_679277742_3060545_6599405_n.jpg

5208_119526057742_679277742_3060546_1993946_n.jpg

I don't think these trees will make it through the winter...

5208_119526062742_679277742_3060547_8309914_n.jpg

5208_119526067742_679277742_3060548_2663910_n.jpg

I really feel bad, they've done a ton of work since march and I hope they get some good business, but they missed the biggest couple holiday weekends of the season, I also feel bad for all those lifeguards who will be getting screwed on hours. plus its expected to rain for the next week and then some...