Sleeping in the Lot (either one)

jhartley

here's the answer i got from my security connection:

Not sure, but I assume as you the answer is no - but honestly they would likely not know the difference because there are 3rd shift staff working as well and if they parked at the upper lot where staff parking is I'm thinking nobody would likely bother them at all. Have them call Blue Mtn directly or just roll the dice..... cars are left there overnight at times due to lost keys, dead battery, etc. -

Since I went to school at Lehigh, and a friend of mine lives right off the turn off from 145, I don't have this problem at Blue, but if I were going to sleep in the car overnight, I would do it without thinking twice. Especially if you have an SUV or Mini Van that you can pull the seats down and get a decent sleep... A car would kinda suck... Either way, if you want to ride or ski, just throw the sleeping bag in the back and a couple handwarmers and go to town...

here's the answer i got from my security connection:

Not sure, but I assume as you the answer is no - but honestly they would likely not know the difference because there are 3rd shift staff working as well and if they parked at the upper lot where staff parking is I'm thinking nobody would likely bother them at all. Have them call Blue Mtn directly or just roll the dice..... cars are left there overnight at times due to lost keys, dead battery, etc. -

interesting. so we're talking about the lot that is slightly raised from the rest of the upper lot? as you pull in up that long driveway it's to your right as you reach the lot? now i've had some run-ins with blue security and found them to be less than cordial, but i'd bet that a 3rd shifter would be unlikely to inspect the cars in that lot too.

ive seen the lower gates get closed while people are still in the parking lot, so i dont think they even care if you are their. if it were me i would sleep up at the A.T. parking lot to get away from the lights and noises from groomers ect.

interesting. so we're talking about the lot that is slightly raised from the rest of the upper lot? as you pull in up that long driveway it's to your right as you reach the lot? now i've had some run-ins with blue security and found them to be less than cordial, but i'd bet that a 3rd shifter would be unlikely to inspect the cars in that lot too.

That's the lot, yeah. I do think your biggest issue is going to be with the individual members of security. The guy I know is pretty laid back, he just does security to get a pass for himself and his kids. However, some of the security guys are on a serious power trip, and would like nothing more than to give somebody a hard time just for the sake of making you respect their authoritah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just do it.

Park as close to the upper lodge as possible and bring an arctic sleeping bag.

If anyone says you have to leave just say YOU ARE TOO DRUNK TO DRIVE HOME

and nobody, employee or cop will ever give you shit for sleeping off a drinking binge

instead of driving home.

Stay away from Appalachian Trail parking lots.

Kids party there at night and cops do raid the lots.

There are some advantages to this activity. Free beers.

The A.T trailhead parking lot on route 248 at the 145 248 split

has one highway entrance on 248.

When a cop pulls into the parking lot he has to come up this one entrance road.

Everyone sees the cop car and DUMPS THEIR CASES OF BEER over the steep grassy hill next to the parking lot.

Everyone bails out real fast and then WE GO PICK UP THOSE CASES OF BEER on Saturday mornings.

Been that way for years.

You can find all sorts of things on that hill at dawn.... beer, bowls, hookas, bongs, lots of weed.

It is highly likely that I will never do this, but it is summer and there isn't much to talk about on here. Lots of times after a day of riding and facing a long drive back to Philly, followed by another roundtrip to Blue the next day I have pondered the possibility of sleeping in the lot. Now obviously it would be cold, but with the proper gear it wouldn't be a problem. My question is whether or not you think Blue has nighttime patrols that would kick you out of the lot. Mountains out west tend to tolerate some car camping, but Blue is a different animal. Let me know if you have any experiences or even just theories. Thanks.

yes yes you can sleep many times where the automobiles park - and cook a big cat in a hoybee while drinking good good beer!!