Sleeping in the Lot (either one)

jhartley

It is highly likely that I will never do this, but it is summer and there isn't much to talk about on here. Lots of times after a day of riding and facing a long drive back to Philly, followed by another roundtrip to Blue the next day I have pondered the possibility of sleeping in the lot. Now obviously it would be cold, but with the proper gear it wouldn't be a problem. My question is whether or not you think Blue has nighttime patrols that would kick you out of the lot. Mountains out west tend to tolerate some car camping, but Blue is a different animal. Let me know if you have any experiences or even just theories. Thanks.

I suggest you sleep in the parking lot for the Appalachian trail...

Solid suggestion. My concern would be that the police would take issue with me sleeping right along the road like that. AND I'm pretty scared of the locals up there...just too close to every horror movie ever.

I may have napped in the lower lot but never slept. I can't imagine that a hotel within a 1/2 hour from Blue would be that expensive. You should maybe look into that. It won't be free but it'll definitely be more comfortable than sleeping in a freezing car. I can't even think of what you'd do if you had to pee in the middle of the night. Maybe you could crash at Doug's!

Edited by sexkitten

I may have napped in the lower lot but never slept. I can't imagine that a hotel within a 1/2 hour from Blue would be that expensive. You should maybe look into that. It won't be free but it'll definitely be more comfortable than sleeping in a freezing car. I can't even think of what you'd do if you had to pee in the middle of the night. Maybe you could crash at Doug's!

Or AtomicJeff's!

Or sleep in a hotel lot, or another public lot that is well lit and wouldn't draw any attention to you, like a mall on 145, even better if there's something open 24 hours there.

Thanks for all the input. I guess another option would be to email Blue and ask, but I doubt they'd be willing to give written permission due to legal issue phobia. It's still doubtful that I'll do it, but I may have to make an attempt just to see if skibummin soul is alive in the pokes. Somebody else mentioned the walmart policy to me. But I'll bet they don't allow any joe schmo to sleep in his back seat.

Anybody work for Nestor's? Think they'd support some local bummin?

Thanks for all the input. I guess another option would be to email Blue and ask, but I doubt they'd be willing to give written permission due to legal issue phobia. It's still doubtful that I'll do it, but I may have to make an attempt just to see if skibummin soul is alive in the pokes. Somebody else mentioned the walmart policy to me. But I'll bet they don't allow any joe schmo to sleep in his back seat.

Anybody work for Nestor's? Think they'd support some local bummin?

the back corner of the kmart lot in the shopping center behind nestors is pretty secluded/no one ever goes back there besides nestors employees.

ur good to go in walmart in the back of your car. i know plenty who have done it. keep an empty nalgene bottle with you to piss in since you can't exactly just get out and pee in the woods like you normally do camping. when finished, close the bottle tight and place it between your legs in your sleeping bag. you'll be super warm the rest of the night.

I wouldn't use a Nalgene. They are damn good bottles you should be using to drink out of, and regardless of what you say, it is a little disconcerting to drink out of a bottle you just pissed in. Use a gatorade bottle... Cheaper and disposable...

Eh, those wide mouth gatorade bottles aren't quite big enough for me, i need the nalgene or it could get messy. B)