Took advantage of the southwest deal

Dan-

Go to some cool mountains. Skip the lame ones.

Going to where i can get into for as little money as possible. Trying to see how little money i can do this trip for. The person we are staying with has an Epic pass and i hear you get some passes to use for friends with it?

I'll see what our benefits are this year. Maybe I can help you out with some ticket action. If I don't get to you by then start bugging me. I didn't blow you off I just forgot.

Thanks mang.

BTW what was the southwest deal? Kevin will probably be in town right around then. We should all try to ride together and get you drunk at elevation.

75 each way direct flight from Philly. After taxes i paid 170 bucks round trip. I'll be riding 9th-11th. Might be able to squeeze in the 12th, flight isn't until 6pm.

Edited by Dan-

How many days are you going to be on the hill. A buddy of mine came out last year, and the cheapest way was to actually buy a pass. It all just depends where you want to go, and how many days. The epic pass does offer buddy passes, but Jordan is correct on the date scenario. They also vary slightly per resort. Last year I used some buddy passes and Breck was 60 one time, 65 another, and Keystone was 75. All weekend non holiday. So it is sorta a crap shoot.

edit: somehow i totally missed your post on how many days you'll be here. pass wouldn't be worth it. if glenn can't make it happen for you and you want to ride at wp let me know. i get a bunch of half off passes with my pass. i can spare one as long as it is sat or sunday so i can ride too.

Edited by nick malozzi

edit: somehow i totally missed your post on how many days you'll be here. pass wouldn't be worth it. if glenn can't make it happen for you and you want to ride at wp let me know. i get a bunch of half off passes with my pass. i can spare one as long as it is sat or sunday so i can ride too.

How many is a lot?

How many days are you going to be on the hill. A buddy of mine came out last year, and the cheapest way was to actually buy a pass. It all just depends where you want to go, and how many days. The epic pass does offer buddy passes, but Jordan is correct on the date scenario. They also vary slightly per resort. Last year I used some buddy passes and Breck was 60 one time, 65 another, and Keystone was 75. All weekend non holiday. So it is sorta a crap shoot.

I'll be riding sat-sun-mon and possibly tuesday.

I'd like to hit WP especially over breck/keystone. Just have to convince the people im going with. Shouldn't be to hard as it looks way closer then the others.

Where are you staying? WP looks closer to Denver but it's really a small difference in driving time. It takes a while to get over the pass, especially if there is any traffic or snow. If it's clear driving over the pass is beautiful and I personally love to do it, it just takes a while.

Yeah I noticed driving over the pass once i looked at it on a map. The chicks im staying with live in Denver, but im gonna try and convince them to grab a hotel room for the weekend so we don't have to drive I-70 every morning.

How many is a lot?

I believe I get 10 (but I'd have to check to confirm). I don't want to promise too many of them though cause I want to be sure I have a few for Trish, and Jesse and Elizabeth are going to come out and visit at some point as well. If Zaldon comes out again and you are in need, he is certainly welcome to them. The only catch is I need to be there to use them.

Dan, if you are thinking hotel...if I were you, I would set up shop in Georgetown. there are some really cheap hotels there. Then you have loveland about 10 mins away, with keystone, breck, and A-Basin also close by, and vail within an hour. Don't limit yourself to one ski area. The major draw of the front range is the sheer number of ski areas all very close together. Experience as many of them as possible.

Dan, if you are thinking hotel...if I were you, I would set up shop in Georgetown. there are some really cheap hotels there. Then you have loveland about 10 mins away, with keystone, breck, and A-Basin also close by, and vail within an hour. Don't limit yourself to one ski area. The major draw of the front range is the sheer number of ski areas all very close together. Experience as many of them as possible.

Thats what i was thinking. I've never been to colorado, so im trying to see as much as i can in the few days im there. I'll search for some cheap places to stay around the area and see what i can find. Thanks man.

There ain't shit to do in Georgetown. They have a cool coffee shop for your morning juice.

I believe I get 10 (but I'd have to check to confirm). I don't want to promise too many of them though cause I want to be sure I have a few for Trish, and Jesse and Elizabeth are going to come out and visit at some point as well. If Zaldon comes out again and you are in need, he is certainly welcome to them. The only catch is I need to be there to use them.

Nice for you. I can't believe they only gave us 4 last year. If I was a 1st year employee I would have been given 2.

Nice for you. I can't believe they only gave us 4 last year. If I was a 1st year employee I would have been given 2.

▪ Ten $55 Friends & Family discount tickets to be used anytime during the season with no blackouts. Valid for teen, adult, and 70+ season passes only. Discount prices valid at Copper Mountain and Winter Park only. Not valid at Steamboat.

▪ Discounts off full-window rate lift tickets at most Intrawest resorts, including Whistler Blackcomb, BC (excluding Colorado resorts).

▪ 15% off listed retail at Copper-owned stores, including MAC (Copper), Copper Mountain Sports, Mountain Beach, Left Lane Rentals, Copper Clothing Company, Gear to Go, and The Cage.

▪ 20% off rental at MAC (Copper), Copper Mountain Sports, Left Lane Rentals, and Union Creek. Walk in only, pass holder must be present. Limit of 4 additional renters per pass holder.

▪ 10% off Solitude, Jack's, Union Creek, Copper Red Hots, Grand Hall, Quiznos, Starbucks, Endo's, Storm King, JJ's, CB Grille, Pizza Carlo, and Camp Hale.

▪ 10% discount at Winter Park on all food and non-alcoholic beverages at Mary Jane Café, Snoasis, and Moffat Station at Winter Park Resort.

▪ 50% off ski and snowboard rentals, pass holder must be present. Valid at any Winter Park Resort Rental Shop, The Mountain Adventure Center, and Showcase Snowboards.

▪ 15% discount on full-priced purchase at all Winter Park Resort owned shops, including Mountain Adventure Center, Showcase Snowboards, West Portal Outfitters, The Jane Shop, Base Camp 9000, and Sunsport Mercantile.

There was some other crappy benefits too, but I just copied the ones that were decent or may apply to me with the people I'd probably use it on. Sucks that they are shafting the employees so hard on friends and family stuff. It seems like at the least you should get the same benefits as the pass holders, and in my opinion you should get more.

Edit: OH and I heard on NPR that a lot of the resorts lost a ton of international staff due to the changes to the work visa programs. Maybe you all should strike for better benefits since there won't be tons of South Americans able to be scabs.

Edited by nick malozzi

Yeah I noticed driving over the pass once i looked at it on a map. The chicks im staying with live in Denver, but im gonna try and convince them to grab a hotel room for the weekend so we don't have to drive I-70 every morning.

If you're planning on staying in WP check out this place. The Rocky Mountain Inn & Hostel Rooms are huge and if you really want to save money you can stay in the hostel. Breakfast is included. If you stay there take the free bus to the ski area. It drops you off closer than if you drive.

I wouldn't stay in Denver. I70 is a parking lot on the way home after skiing. The Berthoud Pass does take a lot of time especially if there is snow but is really scenic if it is clear.