Its finally going to fucking snow

Johnny Law

"EURO model says it drops 2"+ of QPF as snow across the northern Greens,

northern Whites, and NE Adirondacks. Its showing 30" of snow at

Mansfield and Jay Peak. It even has BTV receiving 1" of rainfall on

Friday/Friday night before changing to snow with another 1" of QPF falling

as wind-whipped wet snow on Saturday "

Not my words but holy shit that would be nice

EDIT: Fucking Canadians.....Canadian model shows far less accumulations.....hmmm

Edited by Johnny Law

if it dumps that much are you taking a last minute trip up to Northern Vermont? I imagine Stowe would spin the lifts if it snows 30 inches..

Definitely even if they don't spin the lifts 30 with rocks skis would be worth the effort in skinning up.

Honestly though the best part of this possible storm is that we would finally have some snow on the ground.

We're leaving Sunday, hiking/packing to Beaver Meadow lodge less than a mile from the top of Smuggs, campin a few days and waiting for the goods delivery starting Tuesday. Most likely target is Jay cloud effect. We have no return date set.......................I'm busting out the MRG snow I saved from last year, cuttin a rail and snorting it for brain freeze, then planting the rest in VT and watch it multiply...............:sniffcrack::downhill:

We're leaving Sunday, hiking/packing to Beaver Meadow lodge less than a mile from the top of Smuggs, campin a few days and waiting for the goods delivery starting Tuesday. Most likely target is Jay cloud effect. We have no return date set.......................I'm busting out the MRG snow I saved from last year, cuttin a rail and snorting it for brain freeze, then planting the rest in VT and watch it multiply...............:sniffcrack::downhill:

Have fun man. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

I wouldn't hold your collective breath. Sorry.

Thanks for the heads up Hurricane Schwartz :rolleyes:

where is this forecast that says 30"? Cause if it is true, im driving to vt.

Its in the EC Roll Call thread on TGR, its one of the VT TV weatherman. 30 is probably pushing it as 27" would be a hell of alot of upslope but its certainly possible. LH on FIS is a cool dude and is the best EC weather guy I've ever seen, check him out if you want to know the real deal.

Jealous, the views are going to be amazing. Get some and let us know if the mice get your TP.

Edited by Johnny Law

Tee hee. I'm trying to be negative so it actually happens. Every time we get excited about a big snow storm it doesn't happen. Wish for dry weather and it will dump... build it and they will come... you know.

My fault...hopefully your on the money with this one.

NWS getting into the act..reach arounds and 12:1 ratio ummmmm diamond dust

THUS FRIDAY NIGHT...RASN AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS WILL CHANGE TO

SNOW...WITH SNOWFALL RATIO BETWEEN 10:1 AND 12:1. COLD AIR ALOFT

WILL BE SLOW TO MIX TO LOWER ELEVATIONS...SO RANGE OF SNOW

ACCUMULATION WILL BE VERY ELEVATION DRIVEN. MOST VALLEY LOCATIONS

REMAINING IN THE ALL RAIN OR RAIN MIXED WITH SNOW CATEGORY WITH

LITTLE TO NO ACCUMULATION FRIDAY NIGHT.

Thanks, same to you and all the PASRs, looks like we may shove off by Sunday 1AM right now......Headin over to REI/EMS now to pick up a pack and bag.

better be a warm bag... it's nuking up at smuggs!!!!!!!!

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/significant-snow-event-expected-for-parts-of-the-green-mountains-northern-adirondacks-and-northern-white-mountains/#more-1745

icon_post_quote.gif icon_post_edit.gif icon_post_report.gif I'll post up pix when we get back, had a fucking great time camping in the woods, found a cabin with an outhouse that's not on the park maps OR the USGS maps. Sooooooooooooooooo...........we're qualifying it as a stash. I'll post pix, if you ID it, I'll confirm. Spent Sunday thru Tuesday in the mountains, came down and headed for MRV, spending 2 nites at the Hydeaway Inn in Waitsfield. Skied Kmart today, had lunch at the "Tailgate", conditions were manmade groomed, small crowds, tons of runs, Ganjala to the triple and up and down all day. Weather has been disappointing so we plan on poaching MRG early tomorrow, checking out of the Hydeaway, and going ghetto in Rutland until Sunday. Further reports to follow..............................if anyone is up at Kmart Thursaday thru Sunday, call me at 215-990-6975 and we'll hook up. Signing off.................... icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Like 2

icon_post_quote.gif icon_post_edit.gif icon_post_report.gif I'll post up pix when we get back, had a fucking great time camping in the woods, found a cabin with an outhouse that's not on the park maps OR the USGS maps. Sooooooooooooooooo...........we're qualifying it as a stash. I'll post pix, if you ID it, I'll confirm. Spent Sunday thru Tuesday in the mountains, came down and headed for MRV, spending 2 nites at the Hydeaway Inn in Waitsfield. Skied Kmart today, had lunch at the "Tailgate", conditions were manmade groomed, small crowds, tons of runs, Ganjala to the triple and up and down all day. Weather has been disappointing so we plan on poaching MRG early tomorrow, checking out of the Hydeaway, and going ghetto in Rutland until Sunday. Further reports to follow..............................if anyone is up at Kmart Thursaday thru Sunday, call me at 215-990-6975 and we'll hook up. Signing off.................... icon_e_biggrin.gif

so... do you have a job, and if so, how do i get one like it that pays me enough to do this while still taking several days in a row off work whenever i want? more than 2 weeks vaca a year would be stellar.

Update from kmart.... We'd nite and Thursday had heavy rains in the MRV. Rain geared it early Thursday AM at MRG off rt17 and hiked in at the Rat. Made a run to the bottom where ride was waiting. Wet and sloppy but fun. Checked out some kayaks and think I like a liquidlogic. Motored down to kmart and got a room

at chalet killington. Literally a dog house. Got zombied at Moguls across the street, caught 1st gondys up today at 9am. Skied til 2. Good manmade, lift line run under triple was bumpin up, little more crowded after lunch. Decided to head back to Philly today. May be heading back up as soon as mon or tues. Forecast looks ok. Out.