Killington.

mollyskeez

I'm thinking about making a trip up to Killington next weekend if they're open. Does anyone know what part of the mountain is usually open early season? Also, does anyone know any cheap places close to killy to stay? We dont need a pool or anything like that... just a room and a microwave type deal.

On a side note does killy bust for people sleeping in the parking lot in the car?

Thanks

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

I'm thinking about making a trip up to Killington next weekend if they're open. Does anyone know what part of the mountain is usually open early season? Also, does anyone know any cheap places close to killy to stay? We dont need a pool or anything like that... just a room and a microwave type deal.

On a side note does killy bust for people sleeping in the parking lot in the car?

Thanks

Plenty of cheap hotels in Rutland about 15 min from the mountain. I think they opened last time with a couple trails off the K1 gondola but I could be wrong.

I always stay at the Mountain Sports Inn on the access road. Decent rooms, tuning bench (bring your own wax and tools), hot breakfast, safety meeting friendly, hot tub and close to the mountain.

Oh yeah, Bob gives return customers a nice discount as well.

2 weeks ago a friend was making plans to ski tomorrow and tuesday at killington, whick i did a superb job of inviting myself along for. well that didnt pan out so well, since they most likely wont be open till later on this week with some decent temps. i understand they had rime, reason, bunny something-or-other open, and working on some other areas. from what i have been reading, the lower part of the mountain pretty much turned into a mud bog with last weeks wonderfull weather, but they did get some snow on friday to help things along. they should be able to make a decent amount of white stuff this week, and have some more trails open. lets hope. i am hoping to make it up sometime the next week.

I'm guessing next weekend will be a madhouse at Kmart if the weather is decent. Barely any early-season riding and very limited terrain will make for one crowded weekend.

the penn state snowboard club is having their trip to killington next weekend so there is easily 150 kids coming up with us

from killingtons faceyspace - "We're planning on offering 13 trails and 2 lifts for Wednesday's re-opening, including two Black Diamond trails - Downdraft Headwall and Mouse Trap. More terrain, lifts on tap for the weekend."

if all the cosmic tumblers come together i am heading up next week.

ugh the weather blows. i think killy is out for me this weekend. i don't feel like driving 5 hours to ski what very well may be a sheet of ice. hopefully something local opens with a few rails, but i'm not counting on it.

Im thinking hunter, but if Belleayre opens, then there since it'll be dead compared to hunter.

sounds like killy is gunna be a total shit show this weekend.

Rails 2 Riches got pushed back to next weekend so hopefully that will ease some crowds.

anyway who's going up this weekend? i think i'll be at killington saturday and hopefully mount snow sunday if they can open up with a park.