ARE THE TEACHING SLOPES GROOMED TO PERFECTION?

Robert2

I really don't care if the whole mountain is open or not.

What I NEED to know is if the upper ski school area is groomed to perfection and DOES have a tow rope lift running

AND

I need to know if the lower ski school slopes are groomed to perfection and if the carpet lift

and school slope lift is running.

I never , ever , trusted a ski resort conditions report that says trails and lifts are open.

Not after riding sharp junks of dirty volcanic ash at Blue the last week Blue was open last year.

From opening day post:

Me, AJeff and Root also met Adderick who was working the Vista chair...seems like a nice guy..

says to me that Adderick is a lift operator so he wins the inside man award.

So how about a real conditions report from a Blue employee this winter describing the

ski school hills conditions and if the tow rope, carpet lift, and lift are running.

I have plans to bring beginners to Blue this winter and if we get there and find

that the beginner areas have not been groomed to be a safe learning surface we

will quit Blue for sure.

I really don't care if the whole mountain is open or not.

What I NEED to know is if the upper ski school area is groomed to perfection and DOES have a tow rope lift running

AND

I need to know if the lower ski school slopes are groomed to perfection and if the carpet lift

and school slope lift is running.

I never , ever , trusted a ski resort conditions report that says trails and lifts are open.

Not after riding sharp junks of dirty volcanic ash at Blue the last week Blue was open last year.

From opening day post:

Me, AJeff and Root also met Adderick who was working the Vista chair...seems like a nice guy..

says to me that Adderick is a lift operator so he wins the inside man award.

So how about a real conditions report from a Blue employee this winter describing the

ski school hills conditions and if the tow rope, carpet lift, and lift are running.

I have plans to bring beginners to Blue this winter and if we get there and find

that the beginner areas have not been groomed to be a safe learning surface we

will quit Blue for sure.

LOL R2, you're a funny guy for sure.

Well, the bottom teaching hill isn't open yet. It'll probably open around the same time the 6pack will. The school hill up top was PERFECT this morning. I do mean PERFECT. Best snow on the mountain because it was blown by the fan guns.

LOL R2, you're a funny guy for sure.

Well, the bottom teaching hill isn't open yet. It'll probably open around the same time the 6pack will. The school hill up top was PERFECT this morning. I do mean PERFECT. Best snow on the mountain because it was blown by the fan guns.

Funny?

Funny is good.

I try not to be too much of a dick when I post here.

Seriously though, this is a real legitimate concern of mine.

I've had to teach total noobies on every kind of surface from warm slush to boilerplate ice in every kind of weather from 5 degrees to 50 degrees.

BUT THESE DEATH COOKIES have NEVER been an issue at Big Boulder and Jack Frost.

They ONLY place I ever saw such a chunky sharp icy mess was at Blue.

So I'd like to know on a Friday morning if grooming has ceased on the ski school

areas BEFORE I get on a bus to meet people at Blue.

If I get there and find such conditions we will move off Blue as our teaching mountain.

Thats why I want to know if we can get a true conditions report from ADDERICK or any other employee that has the balls to post something real here.

And he's going to need balls.

You guys don't speak too highly of Blue employees so if he posts here he's going to have to be tough enough to take all your horse shit too.

I work security, but that doesnt make me any more accurate than anyone else who rides or skis there. Conditions were decent on the upper half of the mountain today, but main street (an expert course) was littered with death cookies real bad. Atomic is correct when he says the snow on the school hill was in good condition from the fan guns.. and Vista and Easy out were in decent shape also. It did rain all day though which will cause the conditions to be different from Friday, so I would wait for a TR later in the week to know for sure.

Funny?

Funny is good.

I try not to be too much of a dick when I post here.

Seriously though, this is a real legitimate concern of mine.

I've had to teach total noobies on every kind of surface from warm slush to boilerplate ice in every kind of weather from 5 degrees to 50 degrees.

BUT THESE DEATH COOKIES have NEVER been an issue at Big Boulder and Jack Frost.

They ONLY place I ever saw such a chunky sharp icy mess was at Blue.

So I'd like to know on a Friday morning if grooming has ceased on the ski school

areas BEFORE I get on a bus to meet people at Blue.

If I get there and find such conditions we will move off Blue as our teaching mountain.

Thats why I want to know if we can get a true conditions report from ADDERICK or any other employee that has the balls to post something real here.

And he's going to need balls.

You guys don't speak too highly of Blue employees so if he posts here he's going to have to be tough enough to take all your horse shit too.

After work I made a whopping 3 runs.....School Hill was amazing..running with a paddle tow...Easy Out & Vista are okay as well to teach beginners...Again like everyone else said today Midway & Main street absolutely suck and Come around is open with a few jumps and features...

As far as other trails opening I see lazy mile opening sometime this week..other than that they need to keeping pumping the guns on shuttle homestretch lower terrain park and tuts for an opening sometime next week...

As far as some updates at Blue Mountain Go:

"Security" - Ticket scanners is now officially called "Guest Services" and they also will be handling crowd control at Comet & the 6 pack...They will also be periodically checking tickets at the Comet & 6 Pack most likely on Holidays...

This information is coming directly from managment.

Blue has upped their security and the SECURITY department is totally different than it used to be.

Bill the rental dude and Dennis Jr were printing vouchers out and selling them in the parking lot thats why they are no longer employed anymore. haha

Edited by aderrick
  • Like 1

Robert, I love Blue, but I plan on teaching my girlfriend to ski at JFBB. check out this deal, I think it's pretty good: http://www.jfbb.com/plan/deals-and-packages/discovery-card. I already checked with them, the pass is good for the whole mountain.

Edited by stever2003

Robert, I love Blue, but I plan on teaching my girlfriend to ski at JFBB. check out this deal, I think it's pretty good: http://www.jfbb.com/plan/deals-and-packages/discovery-card. I already checked with them, the pass is good for the whole mountain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Now you all got me laughing.

Thanks for all the input guys.

What tickles me most is how I was just advised to go back to my home mountain to teach.

My only reason to buy a Blue season pass this year was to be able to meet relatives who come up from Philadelphia and Bethlehem for Friday night snowboarding.

These people are coming from a day at school and Blue is the shortest time on buses so

they pick Blue over BB. It works for them so I figured I'd hang at Blue on Fridays.

There is no comparing JF and BB immaculate groomed conditions to the sharp volcanic ash

of Blue. Remember... it wasn't me who posted all those Blue death cookie reports.

My first day on the snow is tomorrow at JF. This will be my 4th year daily snowboarding at JF.

Its a retirement plan. It sure beats fishing in Florida.

I will only go to Blue for teaching so there better be a beginner area in good condition

on Fridays.

When I say good condition I mean a flat surface.

It doesn't matter if its fluffy snow or sweet N low powder or sugar granular ..or even if its solid boiler plate ice. WE ALWAYS WEAR ARMOR.

What matters is if there is chunks of broken ice sticking out of hardpack to trip riders.

Thats all. Death cookies.

Which until I went to Blue I never actually encountered such shitty conditions on beginner slopes. I can understand the off path trail thats got logs to trip on but chunks of ice

on beginner hills sort of says somebody needs to be fired, then dragged over those hills behind a snowmobile. They won't fuck that up again.... him or his replacement running the groomers.

We take kids onto the hardpack and teach them how to stop and turn and then they get totally fucked injured because of poor grooming? Tripping on jagged blocks of ice? Its just not right.

There's no excuse for opening a hill not ready for riding.

Ski patrol should be making the open or close decision after inspecting every inch of every hill..every day. Not a groomer riding in a cat treaded heated cab.

And if ski patrol opens a hill with death cookies then ski patrol should be fired.. and yes... dragged behind a snowmobile through the field of death cookies so ... you all getting this yet???.... so the next ski patrol won't fuck up that job again.

Last year I gave a case of beer to JF groomers for a job well done.

WE ALWAYS WEAR ARMOR.

Disclaimer: I appreciate your enthusiasm for teaching. I've taught skiing for many years and enjoy sharing my love of the sport with others. That being said, I don't expect you to appreciate my sense of humor.

Click here

Edited by T*Maki

Disclaimer: I appreciate your enthusiasm for teaching. I've taught skiing for many years and enjoy sharing my love of the sport with others. That being said, I don't expect you to appreciate my sense of humor.

Click here

thats usually where i go right after skiing since i already have my armor on.