Pico/Killington

njskierbrig

well i am going on a family vacaction from friday till next wend and what the conditions would be like up till then. I am staying on pico but wonder if it is just worth skiing killington becuase this is my first time to vermont. Any info will help thanks

Crust and cool whip on Pico, I think I read they're making snow.

I like 87, and thats coming from Philly, so it would pretty much be the same route. That way you can avoid getting to close to the NYC chaos. Just have to watch out for the NY state police they are some sneaky bastards.

Crowds at K are NOT what they used to be, unless you land a powder day.

The problem isn't necessarily with the number of people but their a-hole ratio.

Hunter is the prime example of this phenomenon, 3 out of 4 people on these hills are a complete waste of life. Maybe its the cheap booze or easy access from jersey but these places are beacons for every Joey and Guido in the tri-state area. They never shut the fuck up and it always seems like there is thousands of them around every turn.

Killy is a decent mountain but they need to take out the trash every once in a while.

The problem isn't necessarily with the number of people but their a-hole ratio.

Hunter is the prime example of this phenomenon, 3 out of 4 people on these hills are a complete waste of life. Maybe its the cheap booze or easy access from jersey but these places are beacons for every Joey and Guido in the tri-state area. They never shut the fuck up and it always seems like there is thousands of them around every turn.

Killy is a decent mountain but they need to take out the trash every once in a while.

I've seen that occasionally there. I've learned to avoid it. Usually the "Killington Flu" wears off around 11-12. I typically will start my day at Snowdon or Rams Head, hit up K1 then make my way over to Skye. I find this approach minimizes a-hole contact.

I was up at K-Mart this past weekend. conditions were actually really really good. Nice packed powder on all the trails. As long as there hasn't been any ice between last weekend and when you go you should be good.

Pico is actually a lot of fun - if the upper quad is running. If not it is fairly tame.

At Killington if the lifts are crowded and the trails are icy head to snowdon. It has fixed grip lifts so it less crowded and snow stays longer. Superstar is a fun run as is Cascade and Flume off K-1.

Enjoy.

sounds good first trip so i am pump and heard there are posible snow storms this weekend so some powder would be nice

whenever i got up from philly i take the turnpike to the parkway, then take the exit off the parkway to route 17 towards mahwah, then take 17 up to 87 in NY. seems to be a little bit quicker than staying on the parkway going out towards NYC before picking up 87, and there's a bunch of fast food places to hit up so you don't have to get out of the car and stop at a rest stop. definitely don't take 91, just 87 to the 2nd exit i believe for rutland, which i think is exit 24? fort ann, whitehall, glenns falls area.

whenever i got up from philly i take the turnpike to the parkway, then take the exit off the parkway to route 17 towards mahwah, then take 17 up to 87 in NY. seems to be a little bit quicker than staying on the parkway going out towards NYC before picking up 87, and there's a bunch of fast food places to hit up so you don't have to get out of the car and stop at a rest stop. definitely don't take 91, just 87 to the 2nd exit i believe for rutland, which i think is exit 24? fort ann, whitehall, glenns falls area.

This is a good route to take because it takes you right past Campmor. Stop in there and load up on Cliff Bars, Gu shots, hand warmers and anything else you just realized you forgot.

Hey guys sorry i didnt give u the report i thought i would have internet but ended up i didnt.. well got there friday night unpacked and got an early night sleep woke up hit the pico slopes early skiied all day fourty niner was nice along with most of all the trails they had open. did ka once and all it had was ruts bumps and dirt no fun for me so just stuck to fourtyniner. did this for three days condtions where decent all three days and cant beat skiing three days for 99 and then having no one there. on tue wend went to killington. it was a bit icey but fun. it was my first time there so kinda did a little of everything at each peak. but one mistake was i went down to ramshed by acceicnt and then got stuck on the quad for a half hour it was freezing wind blowing right down the lift it sucked. but other then tht the week was cold but fun now just have to find a way to go back