Smoking lifties.......running the show.

trimreaper

Good....at most resorts liftees where nametags that say where they are from and greet the customers. At blue they smoke butts, drink iced tea and look miserable.

Most resorts pay more than $5.50/hr. The lift boss should have got his ass kicked sooner for not having the lifts inspector there on time so Blue could have opened sooner.

Sorry... but they both should have gotten their asses kicked for the lift debacle.

Why would they give a liftee a hard time for smoking when the whole mountain smokes? I used to changed in the upper lodge by the business offices and it reeked of smoke. I guess the bosses are allowed to smoke in their offices and stink up the place but the employees working their asses off for crappy pay can't.

• Like 1

Most resorts pay more than $5.50/hr. The lift boss should have got his ass kicked sooner for not having the lifts inspector there on time so Blue could have opened sooner.

A pack of cigarettes now costs $5.50.

With all that time on their hands at the lift they probably can suck down a pack a day.

If they work 8 hours then that means they smoke 1/8th of their paycheck?

After working 5 days and get paid $220... take home pay is what...? $150 after taxes...and spend 27.50 a week on smokes.... that leaves 122.50.

...but wait..I forgot the iced tea.... whats that another $10 a week....

so Blue lifties live on $110 a week?

Good....at most resorts liftees where nametags that say where they are from and greet the customers. At blue they smoke butts, drink iced tea and look miserable.

Hahaha!! I see the end of employees smoking on the job on the horizon. Management is way more professional and business minded nowadays. Also insurance costs for business that allow smoking on the premises are on the rise. I HATE smoking BTW and can't wait till the day comes. I don't mind if there are designated areas but I hate when the smoking is everywhere and I can't get away from it. Maybe they could make a "smoking" lift. Ugh.

If you make $5.50 an hour you don't pay 30 perecent of your income to taxes. I don't think the liftees really only make $5.50 an hour but I know they can pay less than minimum wage for seasonal work. I think most of the liftees do it as a part-time gig to supplement other income or are teenagers doing it for extra spending cash. I don't make much in the scheme of things and I still make more than a crew of liftees combined. I always thought minumum wage should be like 15 bucks an hour so people could just barely survive on it but then the dollar menu would be the two dollar menu. I want my two dollars!!!

You better think harder then.

Maybe a buck or two more that $5.50/hr..by ass kicked do you mean called into the principals office(Jim Daily??)...seems unfair since I thought smoking on the job was one of the perks of being a Blue mountain liftee. Just a few years ago..smoking was allowed in the cafeteria..pretty soon the entire mountain will go smokefree but I'm sure 14 year old kids will still smoke that first cigarette while riding the Poconos coldest 6-pack...enroute to some of the gnarliest double diamonds within 12 miles of sheetz..

It's supply and demand..with the free season pass and other employee perks..just like Dorney Park or jobs at the beach..Do you guys have anything good to say about Blue mountain??? Aside from the lack of twice daily grooming..I think they are headed in the right direction..next..park passes!!!!

Ass kicked as in one punch knock out.

Steeze and Jeff need to use thier in at Blue to get the afternoon groomng back. They have to be making enough dough this year to spend a few $ to send out some groomers at 3:00.

• 7 years later...
On 1/22/2010 at 10:03 AM, Robert2 said:

A pack of cigarettes now costs $5.50.

With all that time on their hands at the lift they probably can suck down a pack a day.

If they work 8 hours then that means they smoke 1/8th of their paycheck?

After working 5 days and get paid $220... take home pay is what...? $150 after taxes...and spend 27.50 a week on smokes.... that leaves 122.50.

...but wait..I forgot the iced tea.... whats that another $10 a week....

so Blue lifties live on $110 a week?

Wow

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1