JF 2-12-2010

JFskiDan

another great day at frost, skied from 11 to 3. trails were all groomed out but still pretty soft. challenge glade still real nice, the elevator still scraped off up top with big piles of powder everywhere. getting pretty bumped up. our favorite run from yesterday got a little more tracked out, still has some powder in it, but skis alot faster now. completely different situation today with the crowds compared to the last 2 days, it was very crowded. lots of people walking down slopes with skis, and lots of people that must have stopped at wal-mart on thier way up for ski gear.

Was out this afternoon. Plenty to keep you amused while on the east mountain lift. Conditions were nice, but frankly I'm a frozen cord type of guy (need to get fatty skis some day). Some new terrain opened up with the snow, but a lot of rocks hiding under the fluff. Challenge glade was a workout, but a lot of people in there without helmets.

Edited by C1er

I'll add a category to ypur title...trench coat. Anyone see this guy on east mt today, what a sight. Oh and frost was great today. Been off the snow for 3 weeks due to back/hip issues and only did half day today so I wouldn't push it. Sun shining bright, soft snow, not too busy this morning.

I brought my dinosuar video camera to tape the boys but didn't get much footage. I couldn't really even see what I was taping with the sun glare. If someone wanted to make a few bucks I'd pay them to get some good footage of my kids and put together a cool little video. Seriously.

JF was pretty nice today. Challenge glade was the best run by a long shot. Lots of soft snow and bumps.

East mountain skied nice. First time on the Elevator - pretty icy at the top. Moguls on Exhibition were fun. They need more ungroomed areas like that (maybe one side of Challenge or T-Bolt).

There was a middle school ski trip today (I was there as a chaperone), which added to the crowds. I actually had to wait for 3 minutes in a lift line! Not sure about the gapers as they weren't with our group (but I did notice some interesting one pieces).