Hey Bode Fans

Schif

Huh?

Dthmtl, I gave my opinion as a parent, coach, and sports fan. Bode is an amazing skier that has never wavered from his original tactic: ski to win or crash. The World Cup point system favors the skiers that win big or DNF. It was purposely designed that way. Bode spread himself too thin and after winning the first slalom, crashed in every one until the last.

Bode genuinely roots for his "teammates" in an individual sport. That's not common. Austrian racers, because of fierce competetion just within the team, never give course reports to help other Austrians. When Bode and Darren tied on the podium, it was only Bode smiling.

But the Bode on the Bus show showed him doing things just too over the top for me. That's not a wrong thing to express because it's my opinion. I think Bode is an *sshole for doing shots on camera hours before a race. Threatening to start a new tour is just plain stupid. The current World Cup has had financial problems. Resorts hosting a World Cup event must give free room and board to all racers, coaches, and officials. That's a huge expense that is often not offset by added fans, since races are run in peak season and they are booked full anyway.

Bode had a terrific season. But he's no Hermann Maier. Not yet. Maier and other skiers like the Maher brothers, Marc Giardelli, Eberharter, and a dozen other have done what Bode did five times over.

I just don't think acting like a prima donna is cool. That's why I'm a big Schlopy fan, too.

Look what happened to Mosley when he went on the "I'm too cool for the World Cup" tour and started hanging with the Freeze crowd. He lost his edge. Finished fourth the next time around. And Bode's competition is much tougher than Mosley's was.

Huh?

Dthmtl, I gave my opinion as a parent, coach, and sports fan....

... That's not a wrong thing to express because it's my opinion.

Certainly, and I hope you would express your opinion at all times. Which is why I'm confused on why the criticism comes now, after there has been so much talk of him on this board, and really nothing was negative until very recently. Maybe I was ignorant to subtle remarks made about him, but quite frankly I was surprised when a thread was started a few weeks back criticizing him. I was under the impression everyone loved him.

Certainly, and I hope you would express your opinion at all times. Which is why I'm confused on why the criticism comes now, after there has been so much talk of him on this board, and really nothing was negative until very recently. Maybe I was ignorant to subtle remarks made about him, but quite frankly I was surprised when a thread was started a few weeks back criticizing him. I was under the impression everyone loved him.

Missy and 'Dude have been pretty hard on him since the start of the season. They both felt he was doing more than just drinking. I'm pretty sure that's not the case, since the WC athletes are drug tested, especially after any substantial win. Alain Baxter, the first ever British skier to win an Olympic medal had it taken away for simply using the American version of an over-the-counter nasal inhaler (the British made version is fine, but the US version tests positive as methamphetamine). He faced being banned for two years to life from the sport by the FIS.

sp3.jpg

Edited by ski999

Over the last six years Tanner Hall has become the most recognized freeskier in the world. Tanner is the first and only skier to take home a gold medal in every Winter X-Games since 1999. Last season he dominated the competition world with a first place finished in both the Winter X-Games Slopestyle and US Open Slopestyle competitions and a second place finish in the World Superpipe Championships. His film parts include Poor Boyz Productions and Matchstick Productions.

from the parkcity terrain park website www.pcride.com, i know he rides for park city and lives there. he probably did grow up there and it was his home mountain at one time but now he lives in park city.

from the parkcity terrain park website www.pcride.com, i know he rides for park city and lives there. he probably did grow up there and it was his home mountain at one time but now he lives in park city.

The point is not where he is living now. The point is the people around here who grew up with him think he's a *&^%. That doesn't mean he can't ski well, but his interpersonal skills are sadly lacking. To that add his pot smoking and his bad sportsmanship at not winning during one recent event and you have someone who needs a wake up call on how to live. I wonder if breaking his ankles will do that for him?

Edited by sibhusky

I happen to good friends with bodes lil' brother who is a naaaaaasty snowboarder (Chelone Miller) and bode works is fucking ass of to be where he is and i DARE anyone to smack bode around dude is a beast.He does and will continue to dominate ski racing for a long time hate if you want but Bode is the fucking man.

Hahaha this was posted by my buddy Kevin.

Edited by DHarrisburg