Hey Bode Fans

Schif

Wow, I'm not really a huge follower of him being that I'm a boarder, but wow. He's awesome <sarcasm>. Among other things he actually said that it was better to ski after getting trashed because the course seems new to him because he can't remember well and he reacts more "instinctually" to the gates. :rofl

smack him around? why?? that's awesome!! he can get garbagefaced the night before and still get his $h%t together to win world cups. round of applause...

coming from a 17 yr old, i may have a biased opinion, but still we kinda have to remember that Bode is really JUST A KID. He's in his twenties, in Europe, on a huge RV, living virtually for free...who wouldn't want to party? Give credit where it's due...BOde kicks ass and we need more skiers like him and less like the tighta$$es on the world cup, i mean the austrians...

Edited by jamielynne611

Rob,

What would you think if Bode came to sign Ridge's jacket, or Steven's shirt, and he was smashed?

Whatever.. Bode Miller's signature on his jacket are you kidding?? H$ll, I bet they would pop the tops for him. "Mr Bode, sir, may I get you another sir, please sign my jacket I will be right back!!"

I taught my kids about substance abuse. They are on their own now.

Rob,

What would you think if Bode came to sign Ridge's jacket, or Steven's shirt, and he was smashed?

Ask me about something I feel is important like these freakin ski resorts that open with 2 trails covered in frozen pond water - yet they close with all slopes and a 36" base.. Now that is Stupid. I don't like that. It's mean, inconsiderate and just down right un-american :rock

Hey would CB open if Bode said he would stop by and sign jackets? I wonder?

Maybe, he would definately boost their bar profit.  :buds:

CB would just open CBeach earlier, as long as the bar was open Bode wouldn't mind. As he does most of his downhill runs on his face anyway, a water slide would probably feel pretty similar, and I imagine Bode in his "speedo's" would be an attraction for the local ladies.

I just think it's funny that someone says the Tanner is a better skier then Bode. Howso? Bode actaully skis for a living. What Tanner IwishhewouldFall does is ride rails and do jumps, that's freestyle stuff, not skiing.

Not to start a flame war, but Bode is much better at what he does, then Tanner IwishhewouldFall is.

Didn't we have this argument a couple of months ago?

Yes, and I really don't think there is anything new to say about that. If you want to comment Bode go ahead, but if this is going to turn into race vs. freestyle I'll lock this thread so fast it will make your head spin.

So to get things back on track here's what I don't understand. All season long, people on the board have been posting news results of bode winning. Generally a positive attitude towards bode whenever he is brought up. Plenty of people come to his defense in the bode vs. tanner thing (though we won't be going into that in this thread while I'm still around). However, now that the season is over, bode has his WC trophy, all this negative talk about how he is a horrible man (or role model, whatever you wish), how he isn't a good skier, how he flaunts his recklessness. Where were all these comments earlier in the season. Is this just typical hes on top so hes in the spotlight lets attack him now? I would hope not, he's been in the spotlight all year. Is he considering switching to a another ski sponsorship and no longer cool with the atomic crew on the board? I'm not trying to call anyone out, but at the same time it seems odd, that everyone lets him go all season without even one disparaging remark (feel free to prove me wrong on this) about his partying, and to some extent glorifies his "bad guy" persona, and moreover cheers him on in races, but once he has won it big, the criticism comes on. Just trying to understand whats going through everyones heads. Maybe the opportunity never came up to lay into him, but if you run a search there are plenty of results when you search bode, so I'm not sure I buy that.

all this negative talk about how he is a horrible man (or role model, whatever you wish), how he isn't a good skier, how he flaunts his recklessness. Where were all these comments earlier in the season.

Is this just typical hes on top so hes in the spotlight lets attack him now? I would hope not, he's been in the spotlight all year.

Just trying to understand whats going through everyones heads. Maybe the opportunity never came up to lay into him,

A Psych major probably could explain it.

Myabe its the American way.

The guy on top only has down ahead of him.

Positive coments don't get much attention, negative ones do.

Minorities are more vocal! Especially the negative ones.

Praise the person on top, they earned it, it wasn't given to them.

(Kings and Queens are gone now)

Amen brotha!!! Sorry, getting caught up in all this Pope-de-doo. I just don't understand what's not to look up to when somenone gives it 100% + EVERY race proving that shaer will, balls, whatever can overcome ones (dis) abilities. The days of sports role models beyond the slope/field/ice/court are pretty much over as far as I'm concerned - look around. :pirate

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think I agree with most people that he is a lousy role model, and the fact that he shows off his apathy towards his career with his partying is equally lousy. I claim ignorance, I honestly don't know much about the guy, so reason one why I didn't say anything all season. Reason two is I'm don't want to be "that guy" on the internet talking a big game, but can't back it up. As far as not being a good racer, but just "overcoming the odds." Yeah thats lame. I'd rather people with skills win it, just like I'd rather see someone cleanly pull a 3 than huck a 9.

I'd rather see someone cleanly pull a 3 than huck a 9.

I agree!! I tell the st........., you know who, if your going to huck something, then you better get way up there, like a 14+ :banghead

If your going to to ski and live reckless then you better be the best!! :yes

Hmmmm.. uhhhhhh.... errrrrr...

If you spin 14+, you are a huckster......

If you are the best, you are reckless.......

From Psych to philosophy.. jeeeeze I must be bored...

The webcam at blue appears to still be on..

how long have they been closed?

Blue Web Cam

ummmm i do know he rides for park city and that is his local mountain? :confused

It may be now, but he grew up down the road in Kalispell. And that's not that long ago.

TANNER HALL

Born: KALISPELL, MT USA

Birthdate: 10/26/1983

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Weight: 140 lbs.

Hometown: KALISPELL, MT USA

Marital Status: Single

Participant since: 1989

Competitor since: 1993

And from an article on EXPN dated Feb. 2005:

That's what appeared to be the difference Tuesday night as Simon Dumont of Bethel, ME, out-aired Tanner Hall of Kalispell, MT, to repeat as men's ski SuperPipe champ.
Edited by sibhusky