Saturday February, 27, 2010

NazarethSkier

Schedule change caused me to miss PASR day at Jackson Frost. I decided to go to a little place called Blue Mountain. With the recent new snowfall I expected conditions to be grand. Well conditions were Blah Blah Blah and the amount of people on the slopes were Blah Blah Blah. The amount of knuckleheads on the hill made this AM session more dangerous than a posted Avalanche warning out west. Oh well, I was on snow I guess :confused I will be there tomorrow :wiggle

Schedule change caused me to miss PASR day at Jackson Frost. I decided to go to a little place called Blue Mountain. With the recent new snowfall I expected conditions to be grand. Well conditions were Blah Blah Blah and the amount of people on the slopes were Blah Blah Blah. The amount of knuckleheads on the hill made this AM session more dangerous than a posted Avalanche warning out west. Oh well, I was on snow I guess :confused I will be there tomorrow :wiggle

I was there too...I got there around 8. didn't see you there at all.

Was it icy/chunky/ sugary??? Did you get the first 6 pack??? I bet Blue had 10,000 people since Jack Frost had at least 4,000 people. I will be there tomorrow open to ????

It was kinda icy, kinda chunky, but not sugary. The snow on most trails was grippy and packed powder. Switchback was ROTD, at least for me.

It was kinda icy, kinda chunky, but not sugary.

Good description. I arrived at the scan line at 7:50 and it was lined up to the lodge. I went down Razors to start and it was as icy as I experienced it all year. Nightmare to dreamweaver was nice so I did it again and there were at least 3800 people on that run alone. No packed powder-just a lot of people and a granular hard pack. It was just another day in Paradise :lol:

Hard and grippy sounds like a good day for tomorrow. Can't wait to see all you guys. For anyone that wants to take some runs I have to register and then inspect, then I'll be able to hit the snow. Top of the 6 pack by about 9:30 I hope. 9:45 by the latest, since I want to catch Doug.

Hard and grippy sounds like a good day for tomorrow. Can't wait to see all you guys. For anyone that wants to take some runs I have to register and then inspect, then I'll be able to hit the snow. Top of the 6 pack by about 9:30 I hope. 9:45 by the latest, since I want to catch Doug.

We might be gone by 9:30 :rofl

There were two jumps, one was around 35-40ft (on the left), and the other was right around 50ft. They were both step downs, and were really mellow. The downfall was that they built them only hours before which made the lips soft which caused some problems for some on spins and also the jumps were on an angle because of how falls is. The landing was so soft which was awesome, but wasnt exactly steep enough. A lot of us just pushed it deep because there wasnt really a knuckle either. Either way it was way better than last year, as nobody was injured. All around just a great time.

yeah, the jumps were nice. They weren't very poppy but as Rodeo Steve said there wasn't much of a knuckle so most people ended up pushing it big and taking it deep. There were some nice tricks being thrown down. Congratulations to Rodeo Steve for getting first for the snowboarders.

yeah, the jumps were nice. They weren't very poppy but as Rodeo Steve said there wasn't much of a knuckle so most people ended up pushing it big and taking it deep. There were some nice tricks being thrown down. Congratulations to Rodeo Steve for getting first for the snowboarders.

And PASR's own KT for the skiers.