3/2/2010

AtomicSkier

I usually don't ski Mon-Thurs, especially on Tuesday, but NSJay phoned me and said he was going and wanted to ski bumps. I decided that I'd join him for a quick bump session at Blue the True. I was on the snow by about 4:45 and Jay had already taken a run. He headed immediately to Main Street/Barney's for some bumps. The first part of the top 1/2 was pretty good, but the middle of the top were too small allowing you to get too much speed. However, the bottom set on the steeper pitch were money. You could really get a nice rhythm in them and really start motoring towards the end. Jay was having a blast, and I was pretty stoked on the awesome conditions. We headed over to Nightmare bumps, which were much smaller, but allowed you to either practice maintaing your speed and technique, or take a really direct zipper line down. We alternated between Barney's and Nightmare bumps for a few runs, then eventually did two Main Street bump runs to the parking lot. Temperatures were nice, but there were a few school buses in the lot. Lift lines were nonexistent when we left, but were as long as a minute or two when we first got there. We headed out around 6:15 as Jay had to meet a celebrity for dinner :bimmer

JADIP at Blue Mountain doing only bump runs. Good way to get some exercise. Oh yea, and day 50 for me.

JADIP at Blue Mountain doing only bump runs. Good way to get some exercise. Oh yea, and day 50 for me.

Congrats on day 50. Blue was perfect tonight. Bump conditions were just the way I like them....soft and buttery with a cherry on top...thank you Blue Mountain for another great session :bow:

I went up after work last night. Very slushy conditions. I skied a few runs with Nastar Glenn. I wasn't having a good night, as I was getting major shin bang on my boots. Thankfully, my new ones arrive today.

Anyway, Glenn was talking to one of the guest services guys who let it out that Blue is targeting a 3/21 closing date. I'm happy about that because that means I could make closing day for the 1st time.

I went up after work last night. Very slushy conditions. I skied a few runs with Nastar Glenn. I wasn't having a good night, as I was getting major shin bang on my boots. Thankfully, my new ones arrive today.

Anyway, Glenn was talking to one of the guest services guys who let it out that Blue is targeting a 3/21 closing date. I'm happy about that because that means I could make closing day for the 1st time.

The 21st? WTF...they've have to be having one of their best seasons with all these crowds as of late, but yet they can't even stay open until the next weekend? I know it's just a rumor, but knowing the new Blue, they'll close. Welp, I've always enjoyed skiing CB after Blue closes, for free.

thats weak if the close then. its pretty much 2 weeks away. thats shitty.

they should stay open another week since they screwed as at the beginning of the year by forgetting to get the lifts inspected. the effed us then and now they are doing it again if this is true. oh well, still other places to ski.