Are these skis worth the price?

Saurus

They're 4 years old..probably not much life in them..

correct. salomon's cores from that time period definitely do not hold their pop well at all. they were a really fun ski the first year you owned them, but everyone i know who skied them said they pretty much died after a year or so of use. i'll comb through my garage this weekend and see what i've got sitting around, TheRealKT always has some skis that he could sell.

• Like 2

Oh wow I didnt even realize they were that old. I am looking for a inexpensive set of twin tips for park in the size 165ish-175ish. Im 5'7", 153lbs. I also neeeeed bindings already mounted.

Im also not looking to spend much money, so im hoping to catch someone at a good time.

correct. salomon's cores from that time period definitely do not hold their pop well at all. they were a really fun ski the first year you owned them, but everyone i know who skied them said they pretty much died after a year or so of use. i'll comb through my garage this weekend and see what i've got sitting around, TheRealKT always has some skis that he could sell.

They used to try to sell that Densolite core shit as being superior to wood and it was if you wanted noodles. They were almost all monocoque even the park skis. I'm no Einstein but putting all the strength in the sidewalls of a ski that is going to get beat to shit on rails and such is just plain stupid.

Lots of new cheap park skis here - http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sales/Alpine-Skiing/1/subcat.html#search=%3Fpath%3Dcdepartmentofgoodsc1s1%2523%2523l%2523%2523cv%257e%257encdepartmentofgoodsc1s1g125%2523%25230%2523%2523n

They used to try to sell that Densolite core shit as being superior to wood and it was if you wanted noodles. They were almost all monocoque even the park skis. I'm no Einstein but putting all the strength in the sidewalls of a ski that is going to get beat to shit on rails and such is just plain stupid.

Lots of new cheap park skis here - http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sales/Alpine-Skiing/1/subcat.html#search=%3Fpath%3Dcdepartmentofgoodsc1s1%2523%2523l%2523%2523cv%257e%257encdepartmentofgoodsc1s1g125%2523%25230%2523%2523n

When I say im looking for a cheap pair of ski's, i mean cheap. I am just looking to get a pair to use for a season or two when im bored with snowboarding. After I know I definitely like it, I will invest money in a setup.

also, come check out nestor's used equipment sale, which starts at 5pm today. if you get here early, you can usually snag some killer deals. there was a pair of anthems with px12's last year in never-touched-a-rail condition that went for only $300.

Darn, its my birthday tomorrow and there is no way ill be sober at all this weekend. If you or anyone else sees anything please let me know.

^harsh. although i havent been, and wont be going.

ill let you know in a few weeks if i want to unload my last pair of 2 y.o dynastars with px's on them. probably around 250.

might not make a decision till november though.

if you want i can give you a free super beat (but will work for learning, just not park really) pair of head bindings with a 15 din. they are on my rail skis. theyre good enough for carving/hitting rails but nothing with major forces you know?

i still use them as my rail skis. they hold enough to grip rails real hard haha.

these, only not brand new

17581.73004_e.jpg

They were almost all monocoque even the park skis.

I'm no Einstein but

dont be so modest.

agreed. i wouldn't give more than 150 for that ski, specifically. the bindings suck, and probably will break, and the skis, while i havent ridden that specific model, are made by 4frnt, and they will break as well. i literally had a pair of 4frnts fold underneath me while carving on my first day on them, and they wouldn't even warranty them.

Don't buy shit from preschoolers, I mean newschoolers. Most of the peeps their are 14 years old and think there 5 year old busted cheap shit is worth $300 because ya know they really need a new XXXXXXXXXXXXXL Saga suit.

Now their video work is top notch but don't buy shit form kids, they can't form a proper valuation and have no money so they want way too much for everything.

• Like 2

Don't buy shit from preschoolers, I mean newschoolers. Most of the peeps their are 14 years old and think there 5 year old busted cheap shit is worth $300 because ya know they really need a new XXXXXXXXXXXXXL Saga suit.

Now their video work is top notch but don't buy shit form kids, they can't form a proper valuation and have no money so they want way too much for everything.

there's a few people on the site who i'd buy gear from, but you don't really get a good feel for that unless you've read the message boards there for a long time. their karma system helps to some degree. i think someone made a thread about legit sellers and people to absolutely stay away from, so that's a good place to check first. the saga suit comment is 100% spot on though hah

indeed, im about to give up on buying skis. i tried getting a pair last season and failed. this is going the same way. maybe this is a sign to stick to snowboarding haha :/

How nice do you want them ? I got a pair for free but they are missing some edge and some base.......excellent for rails. T-hall's circa 08ish 176 length, pretty beat but free to you if you can wait a month as I'm in Minneapolis until at least Nov.

Edited by Johnny Law

250 and theyre yours. give me a couple days and i may bring the price down. size 179. 87 waist. ill sell you matching boots for 50 bucks if you need them as well.

DSCN9961.jpg

DSCN9962.jpg

i use my heal to release, so scratches will ensue.

DSCN9968.jpg

the only cracks are this. only 2. the rest of both skis are fine. it looks worse than it is. id say its about 1/4 inch crack if that.

DSCN9963.jpg

oh these were my 2nd pair of jump skis so they have about 30-40 days on them. the damage actually came form riding blue at the end of last season.

Edited by Elephant