What's new at JFBB...

RidgeRacer

From JFBB.com

"What's New...

JFBB has got you covered outside and inside at our resorts this winter. Our focus this year has been to offer everyone something from the novice to the expert skier or rider. At Jack Frost Mountain there are no out of bounds, beginners can now experience fun terrain that in the past was only available for the intermediate to expert skiers and riders. There is a new glade riding area for beginners on skier’s right of Snow Flake. With our fleet of Super Pole Cats from top to bottom on Snow Flake slope this will guarantee that this beginner to novice glade area will have pristine coverage all winter long. There is a new glade park for the snowboarders and freeskiers as well - ONE Glade Park with wooden natural features located to the rider’s right off of ONE Park which features the J-Rod Shed. For the advanced skiers we have widened Challenge Slope and cleaned up the glade area on Challenge and East Mountain."

I believe the One Park Glade was cleared out fully and should now ski top to bottom which would give us at least 2 top to bottom tree runs. Lots of focus on cleaning out the brush on the west side. Lets hope for a few 20 something inch storms like last season.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

jack frost has always had free domain, but advertising it as such, like Peak seems to be doing, seems to open them up to lawsuits. I hope they aren't digging themselves into a hole.

There's probably a disclaimer or loophole in real fine print on the lift ticket that exempts them from being sued do to someone hitting a tree or something along that line.

Assumption of risk comes to mind as a valid defense.

I don't believe there is such thing as "assumption of risk" in PA when it comes to this. My dad explained it to me once before, but I forget.

But, you're a lawyer, maybe you could explain it better?

EDIT: I had it wrong...there is ONLY assumption of risk for skiing in PA, I don't believe anything else.

• 3 weeks later...