2010/2011 Season Passes

Switchsideskier.

wait so we have to take our passes out to scan them? what the fuck is the point of even having rfid anyway?

only for main st burma vista lifts.

it is possible to scan them from inside the coat pocket/pants pocket. but its more efficent if they are scanned in direct contact and not being covered behind layers.

the frequency on the quad and six pack scanners are a lot more powerful than the hand held scanners are. they can scan your pass from the inside of your anus if need be laugh.gif thats why you can keep the pass consealed for the quad and six pack scanners.

so to clarify.

quad and six pack keep consealed

main st burma vista CAN be kept consealed BUT wont scan very efficently if it is consealed so it is much more efficent if it is out in the open to be scanned.

Edited by Nidecker25

only for main st burma vista lifts.

it is possible to scan them from inside the coat pocket/pants pocket. but its more efficent if they are scanned in direct contact and not being covered behind layers.

the frequency on the quad and six pack scanners are a lot more powerful than the hand held scanners are. they can scan your pass from the inside of your anus if need be laugh.gif thats why you can keep the pass consealed for the quad and six pack scanners.

so to clarify.

quad and six pack keep consealed

main st burma vista CAN be kept consealed BUT wont scan very efficently if it is consealed so it is much more efficent if it is out in the open to be scanned.

handheld scanners can read passes through clothes just fine. scanners at breck and keystone are all handheld and I've never had to take my pass out to get a good scan. the whole point of having rfid passes is so that YOU DONT have to have your pass visible. I don't know who relayed that info to you but they are completely wrong

Someone doesn't have their facts straight on this one

I called the mountain today and the rep told me that The scanners at the high speed lifts and the handheld readers should work fine if you have your pass insdide your coat in the little stash area, or in your pants, or inside your wallet, she said otherwise they would have gave everyone leg bands if they weren't able to read. And from using these readers at work , other mountains etc they worked very well even with multiple layers.

I called the mountain today and the rep told me that The scanners at the high speed lifts and the handheld readers should work fine if you have your pass insdide your coat in the little stash area, or in your pants, or inside your wallet, she said otherwise they would have gave everyone leg bands if they weren't able to read. And from using these readers at work , other mountains etc they worked very well even with multiple layers.

:yes And they're wrong about putting a hole through the pass.

FYI Just received e-mail:

Here at Blue Mountain we are gearing up for the season and we wanted to let you know about an important change to your 2010/11 season pass.

This year we are introducing the Blue Mountain Passport! This is your ticket to everything at Blue. With the Blue Passport you will be able to ski right out onto the slopes! Instead of scanning you at entry points we will be doing gate and lift scanning so you can leave your pass in the pocket of your outer garment!

Because of this exciting change you will need a new season pass. If you obtained your pass before November 13, 2010 please come to the Summit Lodge to receive your new pass. The Summit ticket office pre-season hours are Monday- Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm.

See you on the slopes!!!

• 1 month later...

I love skiing down paradise on one ski screaming and watching peoples reactions

We're all going to enjoy that.

Lol I asked the lady who printed my pass where it should be and she states "ANYWHERE ON YOUR BODY" I responded "Oh ya anywheres :P"

Hang in there buddy, there's areas on an in the body you haven't thought of.

We're all going to enjoy that.

Hang in there buddy, there's areas on an in the body you haven't thought of.

i'm in no way defending the kid for fucking you over, and i genuinely feel for you man. it sucks what he did, but honestly, you've already started two threads bashing him. what are you gaining by digging up all the old threads?

Pretty soon they will be selling 2011-2012 season passes..probably in February..I just paid off this years pass on my credit card :banghead

Ugh, gonna break the $500 mark this year, I bet... :no

Still got 3 more sessions to go before breaking even on this year's pass.

Edited by indiggio

i'm in no way defending the kid for fucking you over, and i genuinely feel for you man. it sucks what he did, but honestly, you've already started two threads bashing him. what are you gaining by digging up all the old threads?

I was hangin out late doing laundry and bored last nite, and I'm pretty sure he's looking at the board anonymously. Old threads reinforce what I've been saying, and scamming bullshitters need to be dealt with publicly and harshly.

Edited by moeghoul