December 10th 2010...Opening Day

AtomicSkier

Justin's report is more what I thought the conditions would be in the afternoon. I question those who say it "softened up" when it was 29 degrees out :nana

come around definitely softened up when the "sun" came out but main street/midway was a consistent unskiable pile of death cookies pretty much the whole time I was there. every time I skied down it I felt like at some point my acl was gonna be ripped to shreds. combine that with the human slalom and I give it a big fuck that with a cherry on top. took one run through the bumps, which were surprisingly not too bad. kind of on the soft side.

Ahh that's bs lol. Midway was cookie infested a bit main st wasn't bad after some time. You guys expect too much lol as long as the cookies aren't like last year during opening day I don't give a shit I'm just happy as a fly on shit just to be back on the snow. I was doing some serious tuckage down main st and the "cookies" didn't harm me one bit.

I don't know how upper main st was but lower main st was a okay for me and everyone I was riding with.

Edited by Nidecker

Hey everyone! Mountain Report right here from my Jeep.

Currently drinking a beer and warming up.

Rolled into Blue around 405.

Broke out my new boots and skis and hopped on the snow. First run was down Midway and Main Street. Snow was sort of chunk with some cookies, typical snow for 4pm. Rode the lift up and bombed Vista about 5 times. Ski patrol was not out :P

I love my new ski's! A lot of fun.

Anyways. Blue Mountains Interactive Trail map is completely wrong. Pioneer Pass is on the skiers right of the beginning of Vista and ends at Connector. It's nice cause it will keep some of the idiots off of Vista I guess. I like the new courtyard. The ticket scanners were friendly and fast and remembered where my pass was each time. I like the RFID pass and don't miss ticket check. I just like walking on the snow not waiting in a line. It looked like there was lift lines but it was mainly people unstrapping and socializing before the lift. The lodge is nice.New wider windows facing the courtyard in the Vista Cafe'. Outdoor patio will be nice when completed. I like the Power-Point presentaion menu's haha, but I miss some of the old food they got rid of. Had some pizza . Give it an A-

Overall I am having a good night :)

Can't wait to ski with everyone Sunday Morning!

PS: GSS I Saw Heidi updating her facebook. I took a pic for you :P

Here is a few pics:

post-3154-0-34837500-1292024461_thumb.jpg

post-3154-0-98103300-1292024475_thumb.jpg

Edited by Switchsideskier.

legit ass day. rolled up with xnick at about 11. first run caught up on a major cookie and ate major shit, thought the day was gonna suck until I started lapping the park. hands down best pre-season come around setup ever, so legit. way better than boulder's bullshit. wide lips and actual semi-steep landings. pretty much everything I could ask for from blue, just about every feature was fun and very hittable, no circus shit. lift lines were maybe 2 minutes. rfid was a shitshow, no employees get the concept and were making people take their pass out for the most part. everytime I was scanned the dude literally touched the scanner to the pass...either those scanners have no range or the liftees are retarded. death cookies were horrendous, pretty much making main street/midway unskiable with my afterbangs...break out the fat skis if you don't want to die there.

park setup is an urban downrail (MONEY) and down box, hip/wallride, butter box, flat box and flat rail (also money), trap and flat down flat, 10ish ft mellow step down (actually worth hitting), and a SMOOTH ass up rail to semi-steep landing thats about the width of a box (great to spin off of). nothing was sticky, everything slid super quick. totally impressed. can't wait to hit it up again. blue definitely has the potential to have one of the best parks if they keep it up what I saw today. nothing was bombed out or rutted all day (although the hard snow helped). park crew was fixing shit properly and not chaining cigs and 4loko as usual.

it's gonna be a fun season.

good to hear. but i think i'm done with park riding for the most part. i'm retiring.

What's the park setup?

pretty much described it all in my post.

Ahh that's bs lol. Midway was cookie infested a bit main st wasn't bad after some time. You guys expect too much lol as long as the cookies aren't like last year during opening day I don't give a shit I'm just happy as a fly on shit just to be back on the snow. I was doing some serious tuckage down main st and the "cookies" didn't harm me one bit.

I don't know how upper main st was but lower main st was a okay for me and everyone I was riding with.

it wouldn't of been nearly as bad if I had skis that were flop sticks and edges. also ive been spoiled with CO snow for the past two years, bit of a shock going back to blue.