December 10th 2010...Opening Day

AtomicSkier

The phrase of the day is lipstick on a pig.

Left my house at 7:30am and pulled into the Blue lot at 8am. As I crested the hill in the parking lot the parked cars were way back by the employee entrance with a guy directing people into spots. So I kept on going and the guy kept pointing into a spot, I pointed forward and he wanted to play chicken. He told me they were making a delivery and the road was blocked. LOL, only Blue would have delivery opening day causing the road to be blocked. Others around me were pissed, so I backed up, spun around, and went down the road the opposite way and went into the 2nd row where there were 0 cars. Prime parking spot. Turns out...they were delivery seasonal lockers. WTF.

img8.jpg

Walked out to the snow and was the first one there around 8:13am. A mellow crowd for opening day, people didn't really get in line until 8:26am. At 8:30am, someone walked out of the lodge and in front of the rope and said "Have fun!" I busted out in front, and wasn't really a competition. I flew down Midway to Main Street. Snow was decent, but very firm. Hard to get any kind of grip, but it was smooth. I could tell there were going to be cookies in a few runs.

Skied a run or two then NSJay was waiting for me at the top of the lift while tweeting a picture of Blue Mountain. We skied did a few laps on Main Street, then started doing some bump runs to help break them in. Cookies were coming out in full force so the bumps were the "safe" place to be. We eventually saw Johnny Law fly by us and we caught up with him at the bottom. Nice meeting a new PASR, and someone who will hopefully be part of the early morning weekend Blue Crue. After a few runs with him, we met up with AH at the top, and then Root showed up. Everyone seemed to be having fun. The cookies weren't as bad as last year, but were still there. There is some new glitter at Blue, but it's still Blue Mountain. Some things don't change.

The cookies...

img7.jpg

The glades were looking legit though. Even TGR maggot Johnny Law thought they looked nice. We'll see what the ones on Lazy look like. Anyway...JADIP.

Glades...

img6.jpg

Some of the rest of the pics from around...

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

img5.jpg

I was going to write up a TR but you beat me to it.

Yeah today was great! One of the first 20 people on the mtn for the new season. Arrived at 8:15 finished my Monster booted up and once 8:30 rolled around I was gone. About 12:00pm snow was soft and not many cookies at all, Pretty ideal shit I wasn't complaining one bit. For a Blue opening day conditions were fantastic. Midway was getting a little rutted/choppy in the area of going under the lift around 12 and got a bit worse come 1:30. None one was hitting the glade you could count all the tracks it was that little of an amount. Come 2 o clock I bounced so 5 1/2 hour session is not a bad start.

Come around park was legit pretty nice features but man was I really rusty at first.

I have to get off my phone and fire up my laptop so I can upload my stats from that app ski tracks. It's pretty damn accurate I like it.

But all in all GREAT first day!

This basicaly explains everything, I tried it out and these are the results of day 1 at Blue the True. App is called Ski Tracks in the App Store it's a free app but they do have a paid version which is worthless to buy it. OH and why the one says December 1st is beyond me haha.

67126_10150352033930179_687475178_16231468_6101185_n.jpg65776_10150352033765179_687475178_16231467_3073288_n.jpg

Is skiing to the main lodge different than before? They still have ski check and what not? I have to check out Rays Grill on skis this year..

There used to be a tree line sort of funneling people off of Vista now it's one big open access ski place.

See:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4300

Barbz Booz on Boardz

Barbz Booz on Boardz

oh shit. now i miss the funnel. that was sick. it was like riding down a red carpet/back entrance band only door after getting done riding and going "yup, i slayed today"

plus it differentiated between "trail" and "not trail" but whataver

Edited by Shadows
  • Like 2

oh shit. now i miss the funnel. that was sick. it was like riding down a red carpet/back entrance band only door after getting done riding and going "yup, i slayed today"

plus it differentiated between "trail" and "not trail" but whataver

I know, they could have named that area "The Funnel" and gained an extra trail too.

• Like 1

That's a legit first day at Blue..looking forward to tomorrow morning...any issues with the new season passes?

Scanning was okay. The personel had the rub the gun against the pocket the pass was in. Can't wait till the actual scanners get installed

LOL! Off to Blue I go.

Have fun! Gotta let us know how night time conditions are.

Scanning was okay. The personel had the rub the gun against the pocket the pass was in. Can't wait till the actual scanners get installed

the guys with the hand scanners were pretty chill. they remembered a lot of people coming though, so they didn't have to get you with the gun each time.

the guys with the hand scanners were pretty chill. they remembered a lot of people coming though, so they didn't have to get you with the gun each time.

Yes, but I want my info recorded so I make them scan it lol. They knew me and my buddies and they let us go from the start but then I remembered my runs and vert aren't being recorded so every run after that I had them scan me.

Nice pow. Why the hell dosent blue (pa) not allow riding under the lifts..... OH I know cause ungratefull little bastards litter under the lifts. But even if there was no litter blue wouldn't allow skiing under the lifts.... When there is optimal snowfall under them that is.

legit ass day. rolled up with xnick at about 11. first run caught up on a major cookie and ate major shit, thought the day was gonna suck until I started lapping the park. hands down best pre-season come around setup ever, so legit. way better than boulder's bullshit. wide lips and actual semi-steep landings. pretty much everything I could ask for from blue, just about every feature was fun and very hittable, no circus shit. lift lines were maybe 2 minutes. rfid was a shitshow, no employees get the concept and were making people take their pass out for the most part. everytime I was scanned the dude literally touched the scanner to the pass...either those scanners have no range or the liftees are retarded. death cookies were horrendous, pretty much making main street/midway unskiable with my afterbangs...break out the fat skis if you don't want to die there.

park setup is an urban downrail (MONEY) and down box, hip/wallride, butter box, flat box and flat rail (also money), trap and flat down flat, 10ish ft mellow step down (actually worth hitting), and a SMOOTH ass up rail to semi-steep landing thats about the width of a box (great to spin off of). nothing was sticky, everything slid super quick. totally impressed. can't wait to hit it up again. blue definitely has the potential to have one of the best parks if they keep it up what I saw today. nothing was bombed out or rutted all day (although the hard snow helped). park crew was fixing shit properly and not chaining cigs and 4loko as usual.

it's gonna be a fun season.

• Like 2