12/16/10...Even better then yesterday

AtomicSkier

Pulled into the lot at 8:20am to a beautiful sight. Sun coming up over the mountain, cool crisp air, and the roar of snow guns. Skier1112 was a row over booting up, and we headed out to the snow at 8:30am. First run was down lazy mile. The snow was awesome. Better then yesterday. Soft and carveable. After a run down Main Street, which was just as good, we saw JO coming down home stretch with his hands in the air waving. He was sporting his new boots (Lange RX130's) and was loving them. He made the mistake of thinking Blue opened at 8am :banghead

Toast eventually met up with us for a few runs down Main Street and Lazy Mile. On my last run he cut it way to close on the narrowest part of Main Street while I was arcing some turns. Scared the bejeevies out of me. If you're going to pass, wait until it opens up by Midway with lots of room. Remember, the downhill skier has the right of way! :nana

Jay and I left at 9:30am, as I had to get to the office, and he stuff to do. Beautiful day for a quick handful of runs. Conditions were perfect. JO had some issues with his pass not working. It would work some runs, and give a red light other runs. On the last lift ride, I asked him if he had an old Aspen pass (same pass company) somewhere on him. Sure enough, one was hiding in the sleeve of his jacket overpowering the Blue pass in his pocket. Problem solved.

Excellent day I must agree. Arrived at 10am left at 1pm mountain was considerably vacant for an early/mid day session. Challenge was still closed at 1 though grooming was complete and some people went under the rope to take advantage of the nice grooming. I was disappointed that challenge wasn't open. But JADIP, great day. Looking forward to more trails opening for the weekend.

Edited by Nidecker

I enjoy the frequent Blue facebook updates...it's good they are showing us pictures of fruit...shouldn't there be someone out on the slopes taking pictures..the MoonDoggie people could do a pic of the day or something...I think Heidi is Preggo so explains some things I guess..

id say barely any of their updates are useful...they don't even have pictures of the park setup

facebook is FREE FREE FREE advertising and marketing GOLD. they have 5,653 likes on their page (actually more than BB, who would of thought). I know it's not much compared to how many people visit the mountain but thats a possible 5k people getting their updates in their feed without costing blue anything. if they advertised their fb page all over the mountain, im sure they could double that number. breck has 40,000 likes, obviously no comparison to blue mountain, but still they could really get a lot out of fb marketing with very little effort.

• Like 1

NSJay has already made a reservation for BMDI on Saturday morning, FYI.

yes we discussed that this morning. it might be one of those days where i ski in the am, grab food. and then ride a little park after filling up the tank.

Im there.

good. i'll bring my skis, you bring the beer.

I made my reservation to see santa, I heard spots were filling quick so I hopped on it

how was he?

What time??? And I'm going with 3:2 odds whether NSJay goes with Flapjacks and maybe some fresh sausage with about 8 packages of the Kraft syrup or a Ham and Steeze omelet(American cause he's Patriotic)..with home frys and a full bottle of Ketchup..Living the Dream...2.0

I'm not turning down any coffee refills this weekend...and not wimping out about asking the petite blonde for her # :drool

ahahah he said this morning that he's getting flapjacks with a side of sausage :wiggle JADIP

interesting way of looking at it...

i'm just trying to be more positive this year when it comes to everything, not just skiing. i'm sure you remember the days of my bitterness. i'm really mellowing out as i age haha.

every day is a gift

What time??? And I'm going with 3:2 odds whether NSJay goes with Flapjacks and maybe some fresh sausage with about 8 packages of the Kraft syrup or a Ham and Steeze omelet(American cause he's Patriotic)..with home frys and a full bottle of Ketchup..Living the Dream...2.0

Wow...

The gambling man I am - I could derange the odds by ordering French Toast and Bacon. :rofl