JF 12/19

C1erArt

Hit the slopes at 8:15, lapped challenge, rivershot and challenge glade. Slopes rippin fast. Cold (about 20) and a little foggy. Blowing snow on Floyds still. Didn't see anyone going off elevator yet. Tried upper elevator glade a couple of times, wasn't pretty at all, but made it through ok with only minor damage to my ego. Easier now than when the bumps between the trees get huge.

Second day on my eBay special 164 PEs. Like them a lot. Fast and easy to turn.

Did one park glade. Nice and mellow. Then a couple runs of exhibition bumps. They blew snow over them last night, so they are getting into shape.

Taking a break around 11. No lift lines (didn't share a lift all morning - not taking a shower probably helped) and if you pick your slope, no one in front of you. Race kids on the right side of lower challenge.

5273602005_9447daaefc.jpg

Cold day. I saw Dan and someone else (maybe C1er) in Challenge glades and I was yelling from the lift but no one heard me. Another empty day, I didn't share a lift all morning either. I miss my boot dryer, my toes were frozen by 10:30.

neither me or Dom could stay away from the elevator. theres absolutly no landing what-so-ever, hard crusty snow with no grip. one park glade gets 4 cool points out of 5. very nice addition. those bumps are looking better since they blew snow on them last night, too.

Embarrassing for Jack Frost or embarrassing to ski on? It's the latter for me. Especially when the development class is running them. A couple more days (a little warm weather would help to unfreeze the lumps) and they will be OK.

A problem I've always had is that no one puts up a starter set of moguls. A bumped up Floyds is beyond my capabilities, and even the bump run at Elk is intimidating. Main Street at Blue is nice, but who want's to put up with Blue on weekends to get to them?

Are we talking about the same bumps?! They were horrible! They were like misshapen lumps with giant death cookies on either side haha--not to mention how far apart they're spaced! I don't know, I could just be crazy

seeding bumps is dumb. They will form naturally even on PA ice. I have seen it.