Roundtop Rail Jam

Justo8484

Are they trucking in rink snow again? I might give it a go. It depends if I can get out there that early.

26191[/snapback]

I was surprised to see the amount and depth that CB has still on the upper slopes. Roundtop is managable, I won't be there but maybe steezemachine will be. I have a fishing tournament that day.

It'd be fun, but its just to far away for me. Its to bad the bear creek one got cancelled. Camelback could still do a railjam if they gave a crap at all. I was driving yesterday and saw that some slopes are still half covered.

To bad Camelback doesn't even have a decent rail to do it on. Maybe the mailbox. That'd be a pretty funny rail jam though,

It'd be fun, but its just to far away for me.  Its to bad the bear creek one got cancelled.  Camelback could still do a railjam if they gave a crap at all.  I was driving yesterday and saw that some slopes are still half covered.

To bad Camelback doesn't even have a decent rail to do it on.  Maybe the mailbox.  That'd be a pretty funny rail jam though,

26239[/snapback]

I really don't get why some place like CB wouldn't generate a few bucks with a limitd TP slope in the off season.. I just don't get it. They pushed enough snow to the bottom of the TP lift to cover several rails.

I really don't get why some place like CB wouldn't generate a few bucks with a limitd TP slope in the off season..  I just don't get it.  They pushed enough snow to the bottom of the TP lift to cover several rails.

26253[/snapback]

Most businesses don't care about a few bucks...I think CB has an all or nothing mentality.

they arent going to post anything on their website, it seems like the roundtop kids are trying to keep this as low key as possible, i dont know anything for sure yet as far as whether it is on or not.

26288[/snapback]

Keep us posted on whether it is a private thing or not and any other details. It is fairly close to us.

I sent this email to the email addy on the roundtop website:

Reply-To: mike_ <flick.made@gmail.com>

To: skiroundtop@skiroundtop.com

Date: May 1, 2005 2:51 PM

Subject: Question About Rail Jam

Hello,

I've heard speculation that there is a rail jam planned at your

mountain in the near future. I am curious if this is true, and if so,

what are the details of the event. Thanks for your time.

This is from an email I received after I questioned about the rail jam at roundtop:

To: mike_ <flick.made@gmail.com>

Date: May 2, 2005 10:18 AM

Subject: RE: Question About Rail Jam

Hi Mike,

Nothing in the near future. We will probably have our first one of the

season in October at the Swap.

Have a great summer,

Chris

Edited by flick

my boss can weld anything, stainless, alluminum...

and if your short on carpet haha i got TONS, my basement flooded so i got all this carpet layin around in peices.

and mike...ive never ridden carpet, i dont ride in the summer at all, but i might come over one day for a session

I think someone who has done some carpet skiing should make a topic about it explaining how to do it and what it's like. I'm sure many of us would like to know.

Our basement was also flooded and we are getting rid of the carpet that was down there so I may have to try it. (I hope it didn't get thrown out yet)