Ski Till I Die Chronicals

Nidecker

awesome. good to hear what other people who come to the mountain think. people who actually rip, and not the gapers. great write-up.

Totally, I hate gapers that hate on the mountain because it dosent offer 5 star accommodations, you're at a Ski Resort not a Ritz Carlton you baby. Wipe your ass and get over it. Blue Mountain is a terrific place to Ski, Snowboard and Snowtube. People expect so much out of it and when their expectations aren't met they piss all over it and say how horrible their experience was. Bastards.

Edited by Nidecker

Gotta agree.

Getting rid of 'Checkpoint Charlie' up top was a huge improvement, too. If it's the new RFID tags that made that possible, then they were worth it.

There are some other things being done this year that aren't noticeable to the "seasoned skier". One of them is called the roving instructor program. Doesn't matter to any of us on PASR, but will make a big difference to some first timers. Basically, the ski school, oops, "Learning Center", sends an instructor out on Vista and Burma with some free lesson vouchers. They are looking for the noobs who can't ski 10' w/o falling down and offering a little assistance, as well as a first time lesson voucher.

I have spoken with some of the instructors who've done this and the reaction by the customers has been extremely positive.

Anyway, props to Blue for making an effort to grow the sport.

Edited by trtaylor

Gotta agree.

Getting rid of 'Checkpoint Charlie' up top was a huge improvement, too. If it's the new RFID tags that made that possible, then they were worth it.

There are some other things being done this year that aren't noticeable to the "seasoned skier". One of them is called the roving instructor program. Doesn't matter to any of us on PASR, but will make a big difference to some first timers. Basically, the ski school, oops, "Learning Center", sends an instructor out on Vista and Burma with some free lesson vouchers. They are looking for the noobs who can't ski 10' w/o falling down and offering a little assistance, as well as a first time lesson voucher.

I have spoken with some of the instructors who've done this and the reaction by the customers has been extremely positive.

Anyway, props to Blue for making an effort to grow the sport.

good to hear!

The only thing is if this dude is unemployed and just bumming around why is he spending his time at Blue...he should be out west...

Blues bumps best in the east??????

I'm just curious. If you are questioning Blue's bumps then who do you feel has the best bumps in the east and why? In my opinion there are many factors that go into bumps that make them really good or really bad, snow conditions being one of the most important factors. Looking forward to some feedback.

...and they were terrible. Blue's got the seeding thing down...if they were "natural" they'd be freakin terrible.

They were fun and non-threatening. Just about anyone could zipperline them, and even get a decent hit off of one of them near the bottom. They would never do it because of the blessed racing team but either challenge or razors left for a season would get fun for feb through close. Probably way sooner than feb.

They were fun and non-threatening. Just about anyone could zipperline them, and even get a decent hit off of one of them near the bottom. They would never do it because of the blessed racing team but either challenge or razors left for a season would get fun for feb through close. Probably way sooner than feb.

challenge left to be all bumps would be nuts. i would love that. blow a little fresh on it a few nights a week and it would be fun as shit.