1/16/2011

AtomicSkier

My alarm went off at 6:30am, and at 6:31am I got a text from GSS saying he barely got any sleep and was going back to bed. Pussy. I pulled into Blue around 7:30am, and the cars were already piling in then. Unlike yesterday, we weren't allowed on the snow before 8am, but by about 10 of, people were getting restless and started putting their skis on despite the "Mountain Hosts" telling them not to. George and I were the only PASR's for first chair, which was also filled with a bunch of patrollers who GAHskier knew. Our first run was down Razors Edge which was perfect. The snow was a bit stiffer this morning compared to yesterday, but JADIP. Our second run was down Nightmare/Dreamweaver, which the best it has been all year. I took the most aggressive line I could hitting the apex on every sharp turn. I later saw Terry who witnessed the run from the lift and said he said I was fckin hauling. Switchback was next, which was also great. Nice and smooth. No cookies. By then GAH split up with me to hang with the bumpers. I chatted with Chris for a few minutes at the top. I had saw JohnnyLaw flying down Challenge, so I waited for him at the bottom and finished up my morning with him. The lines were getting INSANE. The 6pack line was almost back to the snow, as was the quad, but even at 10:30am, there was not 1 person in the quad VIP line. It was awesome. We did a run or two on Challenge, and even that at 10am was great. Razors opened up around 10:15am, and it was probably the best it had been all year. The headwall was perfectly smooth to make huge super-g turns down, and then really put the hammer down in the middle section. I was pushing the mantra's as hard as I could..just awesome. We did that twice, and then peaced out a little after 10:30am. Great morning...Jeff was happy.

I woke up a little late (4 hours sleep), so I didn't get to the lower lot until 8:05 or so. I saw Jeff and JohnnyLaw hauling down Challenge a few times, but just couldn't catch you guys. Nightmare to Dreamweaver was definitely the best run. Since the 6-pack line was getting silly, I stayed on the Main St chair a lot. There wasn't much of a wait there at all.

I woke up a little late (4 hours sleep), so I didn't get to the lower lot until 8:05 or so. I saw Jeff and JohnnyLaw hauling down Challenge a few times, but just couldn't catch you guys. Nightmare to Dreamweaver was definitely the best run. Since the 6-pack line was getting silly, I stayed on the Main St chair a lot. There wasn't much of a wait there at all.

quad VIP line is the way to go.

you do know if you can't catch us, you could just wait (like I did for JLaw). :nana

No doubt its good for blue, it was just funny how long the liftlIne was by.10am.

Hopefully they'll keep putting the $$ back into the mountain to make it better.

Another few expert trails would be awesome! :naughty

Should replace the double-double with a detachable quad. They're far easier for beginners to load.

Edited by indiggio

Hopefully they'll keep putting the $$ back into the mountain to make it better.

Another few expert trails would be awesome! :naughty

Should replace the double-double with a detachable quad. They're far easier for beginners to load.

The double double is too short of a ride for a detatchable. Probably not worth.the money

I was there this AM as well. Haven't been to blue in almost 2 years. I'd heard the stories about the red coat speed patrol, but didn't realize how ridiculous it actually was. I did my last run down paradise and bombed it. There were patrollers at every corner whistling at me, but none of them tried to run me down. Lines were ridiculous when I left at 1130. I may be back next weekend, then it's whiteface and gore the following weekend. I'm stoked

I don't know if it's still the case but I think if you are skiing with a season passholder you can also go in the VIP line..one non passholder per passholder was the rule last season...

pretty steezy how the quad VIP-line haz minimal lines on one of the busiest weekends of the season..go Blue!!!

apparently they did away with that this year, no pass - no VIP line. the checker was booting a dad with a pass and his no pass son out of the line in front of me the other day :banghead

oh btw blue is closing at 5 today. no race clinic so i gueass i won't catch jeff next week either :P

Edited by mbike-ski

I don't know if it's still the case but I think if you are skiing with a season passholder you can also go in the VIP line..one non passholder per passholder was the rule last season...

pretty steezy how the quad VIP-line haz minimal lines on one of the busiest weekends of the season..go Blue!!!

MLK day saw the lift lines pretty long with tons of school kids off for the day.

However, VIP lines where negligible 1-2 people deep and they were checking everyone. :rofl

VIP lines are THE perk for season pass holders! :rock Agree 100%, Go Blue!

Lines allllll the way back to the snow = More money for Blue to add/upgrade the resort!

Bring it, I like to see Blue jammed on Holidays and even on certain Weekends it gets packed. All I see is $$$ not people wiggle.gif

Blue updated and Closed at 2pm today.

A Detachable Quad to replace the Double-Double wont happen. Burma chair dosent get used much besides weekends and holidays. They just use Main St. 100% of the time, Burma is 35% or less. Unless they have money spilling out of thier ears a Quad isn't in the future.

Edited by Nidecker