Bolton Valley ?

Ride Delaware ?

Anyone ever been here? Steeze? I know its up in your area of expertise... Little closer to Burlington? I know its got a bunch of beginner stuff and isn't know to be challenging overall, but they get 300 + inches of snow a year, and I feel like it probably has that laid back vibe I like... Also doesn't have the best snowmaking, but I hear it gets it done... Worth a day if I were to go to Stowe sometime? I wasn't sure if you had been Steeze, or if that was during the time they were having financial issues...

If I were to go up there, I'd be going for at least a week... Plenty of time to try out all 3 if I want... I basically was just looking for general info... I know Steeze has a perpetual hard on for Stowe, so I expected no better answer than the one he gave... I like to try new places, and I don't think a day away from Stowe on one trip, possibly in my whole lifetime, is going to make me regret it... Don't worry though Steeze, Stowe is on my hit list this year while Bolton isn't...

Once I hit the lottery I'll forget about Killington... Believe me, Killington bores the shit out of me, but it is one of the best deals for my dollar when lodging and lift is considered... Especially slopeside... And its the closest major mountain... Stowe is nearly 2 hours farther north... I have no beef with Stowe, I just tire of you beating off to it in every thread... I would fly out west, but I would rather maximize my days in the east than out west... I just don't have enough money to fly out there and still accomplish what I want on a year to year basis... Not to mention, I wouldn't want to roll solo for a week, and most of my trips are pretty spur of the moment... Believe me, if I had my say, I would just live up north in the winter, and DE in the summer... But I don't see that happening...

Maybe one of these days I will figure out how to make the jeep into a Moe Mobile...

Well, there have been reasons for Killington this year... This trip is a family trip... My dad is a huge Killington groupie and they booked it, so I don't have much choice (or cost for that matter)... The last time, my friends wanted to go to K-Mart... The time before, it was early season and K-Mart had some of the most terrain open (for the first day of the season, I was stoked)... Now though, I'm just over it... I look for deals all the time, and I do only board midweek, so I have found some good deals... If I could ever get off work to actually go where I want when I want (I never plan trips, but I always seem to end up restrained to some bullshit schedule), then I would be hunting all over the place... I want to try some new places but it never pans out that way... I didn't want to go to Bromley, but it was on the way lol

I oddly love to drive... I just grab some energy drinks and hit the road... I really want to try some new areas this year... I really want to try Saddleback, ME, Stowe, VT, and Cannon, NH... I would like to try Jay Peak, VT and Burke, VT if I am able to, but they arent high on the list... I'm really just trying to travel around and try new places so I can actually find that place where I want to board a majority of my time... And because I've heard good things... Guess it won't matter much if I get a condo somewhere lol

I don't dislike Blue at all, I just like to take little jabs at you guys... I had a season pass there... It is what it is... I have no beef... I rode there last year in the spring and enjoyed it thoroughly...

There is no boarding in Delaware because its flat... Thats why winter here sucks... Blue just doesn't occupy me for a day... Thats why I don't go there often... I get bored after 2.5 hours, and for the cost of a full price pass (I don't know of many discounts), its just not worth it to me...

Condo is difficult to explain, and I wont explain it here, but I would probably save money out of that deal, if we ever find one...

I would love to go to Quebec... I have also heard Le Mastiff is good, and Treblant, and I would like to try both... Maybe I'll try to plan a trip up there next year... If I can find somebody willing to go with me, it would be a pretty sweet deal...

What I have learned... Stowe is apparently awesome, Bolton is for Noobs, and I shouldn't sacrifice a day at Stowe for Bolton... I have heard the call, but I will probably still go and try Bolton out for one day before they get sold or have financial difficulty... Definitely looking forward to Stowe in April... Its a shame your going early late season to Stowe this year instead of April Steeze... I am still planning to go the 2nd weekend in April...

Killington has lots of good skiing, it is the third highest peak in vt and has lots of slack country lines.

Suicide Six is a great hill, while short its sustained steepness is tough to beat. Additionally it isn't crowded and has excellent trees.

Shit even Bromely has some sweet lines back to the highway.

Bolton has a six mile long 4000 vert line that's equal to alot of the stuff in the notch.

The best part about little places is you don't have to fuck around with 10,000 people all trying to do the same thing.

• Like 1

I know I wont have the $ for a full trip to Stowe in Feb or March, but if I am up there touring around using some other deals, I would definitely hit it for a day... We will see how Feb plays out... Nothing planned so far, but work could get a little busier...

If I knew a bunch of people out west or something of that sort, I would make a trip at least once a year out there, if not more... Unfortunately, the only person I know out there lives in Denver, and day tripping, while not bad (1-2 hours), is a pain in the ass... I'd rather get some last minute ski/stay deal... I'll keep my eyes peeled...

If I knew a bunch of people out west or something of that sort, I would make a trip at least once a year out there, if not more... Unfortunately, the only person I know out there lives in Denver, and day tripping, while not bad (1-2 hours), is a pain in the ass... I'd rather get some last minute ski/stay deal... I'll keep my eyes peeled...

Yeah that makes a big difference. I know a lot of people out west in multiple locations that are willing to hook us up.

Honestly from my experiences at both on powder days... if its substantial snow stowe will get crowded and the locals will be killing the good spots but bolton has a ton of shit not put on the map that will keep you skiing fresh days after the storm, and you can still pull like 1,500 ft woods runs fresh the whole way down. if you post a map i'll tell you some of the good spots. just my 2 sense but stowe is as epic as it is for a reason so its your choice realy :naughty

I love New England skiing and the vibe, but there is nothing like skiing out west. Living in DE you can get a cheap ticket on Southwest from BWI to Salt Lake City and you don't need a car. You can get ski and stay deals in the valley and the ski bus picks you up outside the hotel for free. I don't mind driving either but you can be in Utah and skiing the same day faster than you can drive to Maine and likely for less money.

Another area you may want to check out is Smuggs. Yes the lifts are slow but the terrain is great and it's close to Burlington. I'd go there before Bolton.

I love New England skiing and the vibe, but there is nothing like skiing out west. Living in DE you can get a cheap ticket on Southwest from BWI to Salt Lake City and you don't need a car. You can get ski and stay deals in the valley and the ski bus picks you up outside the hotel for free. I don't mind driving either but you can be in Utah and skiing the same day faster than you can drive to Maine and likely for less money.

Another area you may want to check out is Smuggs. Yes the lifts are slow but the terrain is great and it's close to Burlington. I'd go there before Bolton.

I can attest full out that right now, based on best available prices, there is no way I could fly out of BWI and then ski for a week, cheaper than driving... $200 plane ticket, parking, thats $300 right there not including lift, lodging, and shuttle... However, if I were to take Jeff's approach of 15 over 30, that would be pretty much be an even trade... Maybe I'll look into that next year...

I can attest full out that right now, based on best available prices, there is no way I could fly out of BWI and then ski for a week, cheaper than driving... $200 plane ticket, parking, thats $300 right there not including lift, lodging, and shuttle... However, if I were to take Jeff's approach of 15 over 30, that would be pretty much be an even trade... Maybe I'll look into that next year...

Agreed. Funny because me and jfskidan were crunching the numbers on the lift last weekend. Our conclusion was that even doing a budget ski trip out west is going to probably be more expensive than driving a few hours north. Granted it may be worth it to spend the extra dough though.

Agreed. Funny because me and jfskidan were crunching the numbers on the lift last weekend. Our conclusion was that even doing a budget ski trip out west is going to probably be more expensive than driving a few hours north. Granted it may be worth it to spend the extra dough though.

You'd likely pay a little more but it would be well worth it. If you fly into Salt Lake City most hotels in the valley will pick you up for free. Then you can take the free ski bus to the mountain about 20-30 minutes away. Ski & Stay midweek is really cheap in Utah. Less than VT. I think I paid $89.00/night last year including breakfast and lift ticket. Lift tickets alone at Stowe are almost that much. When you subtract out the gas and tolls to get to VT and the extra you pay for a room and lift tickets, it's usually not much more. Of course it's the airfare and parking that kill you. CO is a little harder to do on the cheap. You pretty much need a rental car and since they built the new airport in Kansas it's a farther drive than SLC.

I'm lucky because my company pays for the airfare, rental car, and parking. I just stay over the weekend and ski and they save money on the airfare.